Old 03-08-2010, 10:53 PM   #1  

Default Weigh Down Book

I pulled out my Weigh Down Book today.I decided to read it and apply the principles.I have been going to WW but I am so tired of counting points and worrying about every piece of food I put in my mouth. I know God can and will help me get this weight off.Any encouragement that you might could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Patricia
patricia54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:00 PM   #2  

Default Need to correct spelling

I need to correct my spelling on my last thread.It is the Weigh Down book not weogh. sorry about that, Patricia
Old 03-09-2010, 11:20 AM   #3  

Hi Patricia. I totally understand. A few years ago I started the intuitive eating thread under general diet plans. I am a Christian. I have lost 35 lb this way but this winter I have plateaued. Usually in the summer it picks up again.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Patricia , I have heard of so many people turning to this way of eating and they lose weight making God First in their lives. I picked up the book today at my favorite resale shop and it really explains allot . I intend to read it and hopefully it will help me out. The trouble is I love to eat, love the taste of good food. I do find though if I go with out food, I have more energy. I think food slows my body down, I don't care what kind of food I eat, I get sleepy , just plain tired and don't feel like doing a thing.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:09 AM   #5  

That's me too, Bootsie. Lately I've been waiting until I'm really hungry and then only eating enough to quiet that feeling. I've have been feeling so much better in general with more energy.

Last edited by carolr3639; 03-16-2010 at 10:09 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-16-2010, 10:28 AM   #6  

I think God is telling us something. Is there more out there that feel better and have more energy if you don't eat till your hungry? Maybe we don't need as much food as we have been told we need, if we feel better with out it. Maybe some people do but maybe we are different, you know everyone is unique, that is the way God made us.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #7  

Default Weigh Down Book

I agree with each of you.Every time I try to think of a 'new diet' I always am reminded of the WD principles.I think God is trying to tell me to listen to my body and not to all these rules of a new diet plan.Lets please keep each other motivated.If there is anyone else out there who is eating this way please let us hear from you.This support is so helpful. Patricia
Old 03-16-2010, 12:40 PM   #8  

It isn't always easy. I can tell if I'm getting sleepy that maybe I have over done it.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:57 PM   #9  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI LADIES ~ I can sure relate to what you are all saying; I was just reading a post from BOOTSIE in the CE'ers thread. I was just lamenting to my DH this week that I don't know who or what to listen to anymore. I have tried portions, calorie counting, low-fat, lower carb, and was reading about another plan recently which claims to have the best answer but I just know that I wouldn't be able to stick to that plan becuz it is so restrictive (as in very low carb).

I am eating very healthy now; and much less than I have for years (at least five or more); and I am now losing inches again, but not sure about how much weight yet. It is just so frustrating; some days, I can eat less and feel fine, and then on days like today, I felt like I was starving all day long. So I just ate a bit more (healthy stuff though) and I'll just have to hope that it all works out in the end. That's what I have been doing lately.

I do pray every day that GOD will give us wisdom so that we can make the right choices for our health's sake; but I sure would prefer not to have to count anything (cals or carbs), and just eat healthy but good-tasting food when and how I need to. I think I am getting closer to it.

I guess we just have to trust GOD that he is in control of this part of our lives too; and let Him be in control of it. I know that I seem to be hungry for more protein, so maybe my body needs more of that, so I am going to pay attention to that, as our bodies are smart too.

Just this morning, I was remembering that there was a time in our lives that we just made regular meals (we didn't eat seconds), ate them, and just lived our lives (but we were quite active then too); and we weren't overweight then ...

I think there was a transition to junkie foods and comfort eating, so I am really gonna pray about that for eating healthy, wholesome foods; and for comfort and peace from the LORD instead. I have been working on that one for awhile now using PRAISE and SONG; and it really seems to be helping me a lot.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:56 PM   #10  

Still here.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I don't have my book any more, but do Intuitive Eating and would love to be a part of this group if you don't mine.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:09 AM   #12  

I have the weigh Down book and also Rise Above and I really love Rise Above by Gwen Shamblin and I started my journey today.

One thing she started out in Rising Above is 1 Cor. 6:19-20 take a gander the best reason in the world to start on a journey of healthy living!

You may eat anything, but you are not to be mastered by anything, for you are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honer God with your body.

Last edited by Bootsie; 04-08-2010 at 01:26 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 269/184/149

Height: 5'7"

I do remember going thru WD workshop years ago and loved the principal of not eating till hungry and stopping when politely full.
Sheila7 is offline   Reply With Quote