Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 08:35 PM   #1  

Default I never thought feeling full would be a problem

Every time I turn around there is another "thing" to deal with. In the last week I have noticed for the first time in 10 years I hate to feel full. LEt me explain

I am eating dinner and I eat 1/2 my meal and I start to feel full. THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WORKING TOWARDS. THe moment I start to feel full I get anxious and start eating faster to finish my food that I have measured out and am aloud to eat to finish it Then I start thinking about what I have done and it makes me feel like I am cheating...and that opens up another bag of stuff.

I have been dieting for 71 days. I know my eating has become a habbit and it not hard to not eat when I am not supposed to, but for some stange reason I don't want to give up the food I am aloud to have.

Have any of you had this happen too? I mean dealing with listening to your brain instead of your taste budds far into a diet/life altering habbit forming situation?

Thanks
Old 08-31-2002, 01:45 AM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Hi, Lemons! I definetely agree with you that in weight loss, the brain is a huge factor. I think it's great you've come so far on your journey that you've achieved the natural appetite control you've been working for. In my case (100 pounds lost, 20-plus added back on, trying to lose 30, lots of issues with healthy eating), I need to continue to actively monitor my food intake (e.g., count calories in a journal). It is too easy for me to eat too much or to let my metabolism and health suffer by eating too little. So if I count calories, I am assured I'm eating enough and that to me is as important in weight control as being sure not to eat too much. Don't know if that makes sense.

Glad you are here. As Punkinseed said, jump on any thread and post away. Good luck on your journey!
Closed Thread