Old 03-02-2010, 06:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/228.5/184

Height: 5' 11''

Default A bit frustrated...need advice from repeat offenders

My weight loss is quite a bit slower this second time around. I am only on day 9 so it is not really long enough to establish a pattern. My current weight loss is 2.5 pounds, last time I was at 5.5 on day 9. However I know I am losing inches as I can look at myself and already see a difference. I definetly feel better than my old ways of eating. I am not taking the supplements this time or maxing out the HNS. I typically do 3-4 instead of the 5.

Will all of you repeat offenders tell me if your weight loss was similar or different the second time around. Thanks!
NWALoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/169/166

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWALoser View Post
My weight loss is quite a bit slower this second time around. I am only on day 9 so it is not really long enough to establish a pattern. My current weight loss is 2.5 pounds, last time I was at 5.5 on day 9. However I know I am losing inches as I can look at myself and already see a difference. I definetly feel better than my old ways of eating. I am not taking the supplements this time or maxing out the HNS. I typically do 3-4 instead of the 5.

Will all of you repeat offenders tell me if your weight loss was similar or different the second time around. Thanks!
So NWA did you wean off the sugar, caffiene etc.,. before starting the menu? I can't recall the name off the top of my head, but 10 days into the menu I went through that initial plateau. I would guess that may be what you are experiencing....I'm sure you will drop soon - stay encouraged and take one day at a time.
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:31 PM   #3  

Did not know about that 10 day thing. Good to know. Sugar yes, caffiene, not completely. I have cut waaaay down. Got rid of the coffee totally and drink two diet sodas only. I plan to change one of those to caffiene free shortly. Last time I went cold turkey and had horrible headaches. I now get migraines and wasn't willing to knowingly bring on a headache.

Thank you for the encouragement. I am going to keep plowing away.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #4  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Did not know about that 10 day thing. Good to know. Sugar yes, caffiene, not completely. I have cut waaaay down. Got rid of the coffee totally and drink two diet sodas only. I plan to change one of those to caffiene free shortly. Last time I went cold turkey and had horrible headaches. I now get migraines and wasn't willing to knowingly bring on a headache.

Thank you for the encouragement. I am going to keep plowing away.

Just one question -- Are you sure you are drinking acceptable MRC diet sodas. I forget the type that is acceptable (as I don't drink soda), but I know there is only one that is acceptable, or there is the stevia-sweetened one, Zevia. It is totally okay.

If you are drinking diet soda sweetened with aspartame, that may be a source of headache. See below.

From Dr. Mercola:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-new-name.aspx

Just to remind you, the side effects of aspartame can include:

* Headache
* Change in vision
* Convulsions and seizures
* Hallucination
* Nausea and vomiting
* Joint pain
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:36 PM   #5  

I wasn't told there was an acceptable vs unacceptable soda either time. I recently started having migraines in the last year but i have drank diet soda for probably 15 years. Thank you for your help. I will ask.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:46 PM   #6  

I know Diet Hansen's is acceptable and they have a yummy root beer! Its even better mixed with a vanilla HNS....root beer float!
channeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 313/Going down/175

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

Hi.

One of the first things I had to give up after joining MRC was soda. I was told I could only have soda that was no calorie, no caffine, no sodium. So, basically all that I can find that fits in to that category is Diet Rite. I don't like it, so, I gave it up all together. It helps me get over 100 oz. of water in a day since I'm not drinking anything else.

I also maxed out my HNS a couple of months out, doing five a day every day. It's expensive, but, it helps with the cravings.
nepeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #8  

My sugar cravings this time are KILLER. At about this time in the afternoon I would sell my soul to have something sweet. Unfortunetly I just ate 2 of those stupid 100 calorie packs. On the up side they made me feel bad so hopefully I won't be doing that again.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:46 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6''

NWA - during my period I crave sweets. So I cut up a meal replacement bar into about 10 pieces and put them in my freezer. When I'm DYING for something sweet, I eat one of those. Not completely OP, but better than a 100cal pack. THe other thing I've done is keep sugar free candy around. Again, not totally OP, but a better choice. Hang in there!!
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 242/169/166

Height: 5'7"

[QUOTE=Hvnlymzic;3183424] So I cut up a meal replacement bar into about 10 pieces and put them in my freezer. When I'm DYING for something sweet, I eat one of those.

This is a terrific idea! Thanks for sharing.
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote