Old 03-02-2010, 12:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Default Where's the iron?

I'm two weeks in and have noticed I've been very tired this past week. I asked my center about it and they said there's nothing in the supplements that would make me tired and I'm already taking the extra b12.

Then in dawned on me tonight that it's a fairy iron deficient diet we're on so I looked at the multi-vit and there's no iron in it either. I have always had trouble getting enough iron in my diet but I think this is more extreme because I pretty much eat chicken and cucumbers everyday.

Has anyone else come across this? And how have you solved it?

Thanks!
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalAug2010 View Post
I'm two weeks in and have noticed I've been very tired this past week. I asked my center about it and they said there's nothing in the supplements that would make me tired and I'm already taking the extra b12.

Then in dawned on me tonight that it's a fairy iron deficient diet we're on so I looked at the multi-vit and there's no iron in it either. I have always had trouble getting enough iron in my diet but I think this is more extreme because I pretty much eat chicken and cucumbers everyday.

Thanks!
That is interesting. I have the opposite problem. I have hemochromotosis which is iron overload. It is an inherited disease. So I have to take multi vits with no iron. So I buy my own outside of MRC. You can bring this disease on with taking too much iron too. If you feel like you should be taking more iron, then purchase some that is known to have iron in it.. I thought all multi vitamins had iron in them. I have to search to find some that doesn't. Or maybe ask the folks at MRC what you should do..

Cheers!

Ronnie( I will share some of my iron with you! ) LOL..
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:45 AM   #3  
Bunnynicula

S/C/G: 298.5/273.4/150

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalAug2010 View Post

Thanks!
I’ve been wondering about this too...i normally take an iron supplement b/c im borderline anemic...I never told my center b/c I wasn’t thinking about it when i signed up...last couple weeks i have felt soo drained and i was just wondering if maybe its the lack of iron..i was thinking of starting my iron back but i worry about taking so many pills..i dont see much iron in my multi V so i dont think it can hurt. Of course it could hurt my tummy...i umm already have issues going number two, iron makes that worse (sorry if TMI LOL)
Bunnynicula is offline   Reply With Quote