Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 03-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Which scale should I go by ?

at first I was going by my scale but then when I started seeing my midwife, I noticed her's is 5 lbs higher then mine.
Since I put my scale away (midwife's orders, LOL) I haven't been able to check mine at home. If I go by her's I will have gained 20 lbs by the 20 weeks.
I was planning on doing a weight check at 20 weeks (this Sunday) on my Wii Fit, to get an exact weight gain. Since the last time I weighed myself on the Wii was right before I found out I was pregnant (141 lbs) I'll know how much I've gained.
Only thing is.....I'm scared. LOL
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/195/135

Height: 5' 5"

Hmmm... is that 20 lbs added to your starting weight on her scale or your starting weight on yours? It could work in your favor after the baby is born - you'll automatically be down 5lbs before youeven start dieting! Either way, it ultimately doesn't matter - you know that you are doing everything that you can to make this pregnancy a healthy one and you plan to continue on that path. That is the most important thing - right? If you do decide to weigh yourself on the Wii, just remember that whether it is 15 or 20 lbs, you are sure to lose it in the end and that is only a difference of 2-4 weeks of weight loss, not so bad after 9 months.
You inspired me a ton the first time I posted about my preg., so I'll be rooting for you!
cyndyjlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:53 PM   #3  
Here I come skinny jeans!

S/C/G: 225/Ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

We just got this onea few weeks ago and I love it.

Last edited by MeganBeth; 03-01-2010 at 05:53 PM.
MeganBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:17 PM   #4  

Thank you I'm going by her scale reading and my pre-pregnancy weight on my home scale. But I've been confused on hers because I know hers is off by 5 lbs. So I'm not quite sure what I've gained, unless I weigh myself on the Wii, which is the one I was going by before I found out I was pregnant.
Since I told her about my weight issues, she told me at my last visit that she would be weighing me and that she wouldn't tell me my progress. At my last visit (4 weeks ago) I weighed myself on her scale and it said 152. This last visit, she weighed me but didn't tell me how much. I peaked at her chart and it said 158. That was last week, so that means that this Sunday I should be close to the 20 lb gain....on her scale.
I'm sort of bummed about the 20 lbs because I've been tracking my calories and everything I eat, plus exercising an hour a day. So to gain that much is
Old 03-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #5  

I know, it's and frustrating. Especially because you are working so diligently - I really sympathize. I myself am petrified of gaining the 60 or 80 that I gained with my last 2 preg. It's also just a little bit out of your control. Some things are just that way and we do our best to control them, but there are other forces (hormones maybe) that work a bit against us. Just have faith that with consistancy, your efforts will pay off in the end. You know the Serenity prayer? In the end this will all work out, even if you can't figure out exactly how right now - that's kind of been my mantra lately. Maybe you should hop on the Wii, because I'd bet that the news would be good. Lots of hugs to you!
Old 03-05-2010, 10:25 AM   #6  

thank you for the encouragement.
I couldn't wait till Sunday (when I hit 20 weeks), So I weighed myself on the Wii and I only gained 17.9 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. So not as bad as I thought it would be.
I'm hoping to gain that much or less by the end, putting me at 35 lb.

You're right, whatever amount I gain I will have to deal with later. I just don't want to hit that 60-80 lb mark again. I went through a journal I wrote while pregnant with my #2, I was weighing 163 at 13 weeks. That means I gained 20 lbs by then. Then to think of my grand total a day or so before having him was 215......that's 75 lbs! this is the same thing that happened when I had my other 2 children, granted I only got up to 209 with my last but DANG! I seriously want to have better results this time.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #7  

17 is not pretty good! You'll definitely do better this time around - you have a whole new way of thinking!

Thanks to all of your encouragement, I haven't been so down on myself about not getting to the gym while I felt sick. I am starting to feel better and went today! It felt great to be there and to see the same friendly faces. I overdid it a bit, but now that I've walked through the doors again I know that I will be back on a regular basis.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

im going by my doctors for now. ii put mine away. i was driving myself crazy by weighing myself all the time
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndyjlo View Post
17 is not pretty good! You'll definitely do better this time around - you have a whole new way of thinking!

Thanks to all of your encouragement, I haven't been so down on myself about not getting to the gym while I felt sick. I am starting to feel better and went today! It felt great to be there and to see the same friendly faces. I overdid it a bit, but now that I've walked through the doors again I know that I will be back on a regular basis.
That's great! I totally understand. There was a week or two that I just couldn't bring myself to jump on the treadmill. I was either getting hit with fatigue of nausea. I felt so relieved when I was able to complete a week of workouts without being disturbed by them. I've learned that I have to get my workout done right after breakfast to avoid the fatigue. If it happens after I'm done cool, at least I didn't feel like I had to push it off of not do it at all.
I'm happy for you!!

What's much different from my other pregnancies is that some of my clothes are feeling looser. Like a couple of pairs of undies are feeling are feeling loose, normally they would feel so tight that I would be debating on buying a bigger size. I forgot my Large sweats that were hidden in my closet. I put them on to go out shopping and I kept having to pull them up. LOL I'm not used to this. I just added almonds to my diet to satisfy those sweet cravings. I will give in to a sundae once a week but it has to be at DQ where I know its lower in calories.

Last edited by mom4life; 03-08-2010 at 02:09 PM.