Old 03-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Default Rockstars-March

Ok Girls, here we are in March. Hope that we can keep it going. I know our Friday weigh in is a bit aways, but I thought that we should go ahead and start a new thread with the new month. Hope to see you all here!!
Josiegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 316/see tracker/175

Default Spring is here.....hopefully lol!

Josiegirl--10 pounds!! You rock! That is amazing!

No loss for me but no gain either, this after a week of TOM, eating horribly and having bronchitis so no working out either. Needless to say, I will take the no gain part! hehe

DB and I did however buy a Wii and got the active program. I also ordered a yoga program for it as well. I am hoping to just hang in there until I can walk/run/bike outside again.

Keep up the good work everyone. Now that I am on the mend, I am back on the wagon.
LaughingGirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #3  

LaughingGirl-Glad to hear that you are feeling better. And I can totally relate to TOM, I too battled that all week and had a not too good weekend. Starting March out on the right foot is my goal for now.

DH bought me a new exercise machine since I have been w/o my bike for so long. Guess he felt bad for me. It finally arrived today after waiting 2wks for it. Once he gets home we will put it together. Can't wait to try it out!!

Please Spring hurry up and get here!! I am so tired of the snow outside!! AND the cold!!

here's to a better week then last week!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/165

Height: 5"10"

Hello Ladies,

I'm feeling great on my super clean food plan, I am eating so healthy, and mini meals throughout the day, a bit of fruits or veggies and a bit of protein. I have not been hungry at all, really. But I am very prepared....I bake about 6 chicken breasts every Sunday, cut up veggies, make low fat peanut butter dip, hardboil some eggs, etc. etc. I have no excuse not to eat healthy!

Giving up sweets and pop for Lent has been very helpful--I don't really have a great deal of cravings without all of the sweets every day. And the fruit that I am eating tastes so sweet and good, it's just enough for me. This week I had a mango, so refreshing!

Anyway, am running up to 3 miles most days at the gym, although tomorrow is a lifting day, so I'll be hitting the weights more than doing cardio. Last night I power walked 2.5 miles with our dogs. I will weigh in on Friday of this week, and hopefully have a nice loss to report.

Have a healthy week, with lots of small little healthy choices; they add up to weight loss!

R
RunningToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:34 PM   #5  

Haven't been able to exercise since Fri. Are living room was all torn up. We were stripping wallpaper, painting and we got new carpet today. I guess you could call that exercise. Lol! My dh and I are going to be up and going in the morning!
losinginillinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/181/115

Height: 5'3"

Default Hello Ladies

I am new here, but I'm ready to go. I'm starting this month with a new fresh can-do attitude. Keep up the good work!
PrettyMom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:48 PM   #7  

Well, I got just a little exercise in tonight. got a new cross trainin machine and got a lil bit done, shew!!! It is alot harder then I thought it would be. Which is good, I will need the daily challenge. Ate good today for the most part. No real lunch but i did the best I could. Very stessful day which will hopefully go better tomorrow.

Good luck RockStars!!!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 224/207.5/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ladies...I would love to be a part of this group. My goal for February was to lose 10lbs and I lost 16. I am hoping to lose another 10 in March. I have recently joined 2 fitness classes a week and try to get to the gym the other days or at least walk a bit.
I need all the support I can get and would love to be there for others as well!
I just turned 38 (Feb 29th..so between Sunday and Monday..LOL) and I am realizing now how much harder it is to take the weight off than when I was in my 20's
Skinny Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:59 PM   #9  

Default Today

Hello,

I'm on day 2 of my journey to healthy. I haven't started exercising yet, but I have been doing great on my diet. I am so motivated that I'm not even craving sugar yet. I'm a little afraid that this motivation won't last very long. I really hope it does!

Let's make tomorrow a great day!
Old 03-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #10  

Welcome Skinny Magee!! Congrats on your great weightloss thus far!!! Happy belated Birthday to you. Though is it belated when the day never arrives. And if you take all those years away that don't have the 29th how old are you really, lol. =D And I couldn't agree with you more about it being harder now that I am in my 30's. (I am 33 btw) It was always easier for me to drop weight in my early 20's then when I hit 25 I went to peices. I looked at food and it turned into pounds on my butt.

Prettymom09- I hope that we can keep ya motivated. And if you are eating fruit maybe you won't have sugar withdrawals at all. We can only travel this journey one step at a time. Whether they be small or big, just one at a time.

My day was hectic and we ended up tearing our master bath apart due to a dang leak that we can't find. UGH! And even though I was scatterbrained for the most part, when the kids finally were in bed I started exercising. I feel so much better and alot less stressed.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:21 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 224/207.5/130

Height: 5'2"

I have just hooked up with a personal trainer right here at work! He works here full time but is also a personal trainer and is going to train me for FREEEEEEEEEEE (I am bit excited!!) Today we start on legs. I can feel the pain already. We were chatting in the gym yesterday and he noticed my progress and wants to help me. I had an AMAZING cardio workout on the treadmill yesterday. Cranked my Motley Crue and off I went
I heading to the gym in an hour and a half..if I am still alive when he is done with me..I will let you know how it went!
Skinny Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 237/237/170

Height: 5'4"

Question

I too am very new to this site and am looking forward to giving and getting support from others. Just reading through these emails during my danger zone (4pm to 6pm every day) keeps me out of the kitchen and out of trouble. I am 32 years old and looking to make some lasting changes in my life. One of the major things I am doing differently this time from the last time I lost the weight is not writing down the fat and calorie content of everything I eat. It just takes so much time and energy to look up the values for everything I put into my mouth. I've been at this long enough to know what is a good choice and what is a bad choice and I just can't see myself keeping a journal forever.

How many others out there are keeping food journals? Are you able to lose weight without keeping detailed journals that have every fat gram and calorie logged on a daily basis?

onanotherquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:09 PM   #13  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm so excited!! I saw my ticker weight again today. I know it will take a while before it becomes a steady number again (hopefully by the end of next week) but it may mean that I might get to see a new decade for my birthday!! So come on 179 by April 4th!
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:10 PM   #14  

Default Questions

I have a question for Josiegrl - Do you have trouble going to sleep if you exercise at night? I'm looking for a time to exercise, and doing it after I put my kids to bed might be a good time, but I don't know if it will keep me up. Just wondering how that is working out for you.

I am not keeping a diet journal either. I started by cutting out sugar and bread and adding more vegetables and fruits to my diet. I find that if I think too much about what I'm going to eat or not eat, I get hungry, so I try not to think about it too much.

Have a great day!
Old 03-03-2010, 06:41 PM   #15  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

Height: 5'5"

Default Still Lurking About

Wassup?!?!?!

I see that we are getting more and more Rockstars. Cool, very cool. I haven't been exercising as much as I used to and am more or less just in maintenance mode. I was involved in a wreck on Sunday. Not my fault, really. The other driver's car was a total loss. My car is in the shop. Since then, I have been walking a lot more. I've even walked to the store for groceries. Well, I have to warm up the grill and get dinner made. Keep posting everyone.
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote