Old 03-01-2010, 03:43 AM   #1  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Default 30-somethings March Chat

There's a definite upside to being a day ahead of everyone.... I get to start the new thread!

It's been an interesting day; I'd rather kill my kids than teach them. I don't think they understand that there are people all over the world who would give up everything they own to go to school every day- something these kids take for granted. So many of them complained today that they didn't want to be there. I told one group to leave and live in the poorest part of Bangledesh for a year then tell me they didn't want to return to school.

My food decisions this past couple of weeks has been crap, pure and simple. I need a proper dinner, not eggs and toast or the last part of the pizza I ordered for lunch two days ago. I mean, meat, veggies and more veggies. DH and I are home tomorrow night and can eat dinner together. Chicken and veggies for tea. I need veggies. I've been eating a lot of fruit, which is good. Someone reach over and b!tchslap me for not eating properly.

I'm ready for bed. March is off to an auspicious start; I expect that it will stay that way. Only 4 more weigh-ins for the 30-somethings BL Challenge. Anyone up for another one after this?
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Mollz here's to a better week this week.

I weighed this morning and was 2 lbs down, which would be lovely if it were actually true. Unfortunately, my scale seems to be losing credibility by the minute. Gotta get a new one this week.
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #3  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Mollie - ABSOLUTELY!!! Let's keep the BL Challenges going!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:37 AM   #4  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Yep, keep it going...I NEED the accountability. Every since I passed my PT test, my motivation has been declining...

Yesterday, my downstairs scale said 184...today, my WII fit (upstairs and of course "official") scale said 186.1...still down 1.1, but pretty bad for two weeks worth of exercise, since I didn't weigh in last week. I guess a loss is a loss, but darn it, I wanted to be in the 170's. I know it's my own darn fault...I'm going to step it up this month. I'm sufficiently pissed with myself, so I should be able to get results. (I only seem to lose weight when I'm mad at something... .) I'm going on record that I'm hitting 175 by end of March or perish in the process!
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I am up for keeping the thread going past the 12wks. I know that I haven't kept up that much on here during Feb., but it has been awful here and it seems if my time is not my own lately. I love my kids, but they have run me ragged lately, shew! I too need the motivation and accountability.
Josiegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:35 PM   #6  

Oh, I almost forgot a cool NSV...

I was traveling last week for work and I saw some people I hadn't seen in a year. One said I had lost "so much weight" and the other didn't even recognize me until I told him who I was...
Old 03-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #7  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Awesome, AF!

I have a cold today. It started Sat am. Do you guys still exercise with a cold? I am all stuffed up, so breathing heavy is uncomfortable. I am so tired, too. I am not deathly sick with something, but please tell me it's normal to take a break when I have a cold?
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #8  

If you just feel mildly bad, try to take a light walk or something slow if you want to work out. However, if you feel really bad, I'd take a break...it might take longer to recover if you push it.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:53 PM   #9  
Wannabe Loser

S/C/G: 184/138/120

Height: Almost 5'2"

Hey all, I hope it's okay that I join in again after my weird exit a couple of months ago, if anyone remembers me. I just wanted to say thanks for all of the support back then! I was going through a crazy time in my head and just very frustrated with the whole weight thing. I'm feeling much better now and back in the game for good.
Bigknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 273/256/190

Height: 6'2

Beach - I alwasy take a break when I have a cold. Your body uses SO much energy to fight a cold, so you will be burning more calories then usual anyway. My general rule of thumb is to stop until I dont feel so darn tired! Only once I ran when I had a cold and it was because it was race day for my first half marathon.
rachwms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

Oops...posted this in the February chat by mistake; gonna put it here, too.

OK Ladies, I have nowhere else "safe" to tell my trials and triumphs to so you are the lucky ones! I started a new job today and would usually binge at every opportunity, but I ate with the others in the lunch room instead of by myself in a BK or McD's and resisted buying junk on the way home to "wind down". Yay! Hooray! Thanks for listening.
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:14 PM   #12  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

AF: Awesome NSV!! Way to go. It feels so good when someone notices that you've lost weight.

ThinkinThin: Good job resisting the junk!! It's hard, especially at a new job where you're not "in" enough with the other workers, but you don't want to be standoffish.

I felt a little junk-foody today, but I held off. I bought a bag of baby spinach for lunch today (packed my own salad dressing). No protein to go in it, though I was tempted to cut up my orange and put it in there. Just baby spinach leaves and a tablespoon of dressing. I had some pretzels and chocolate covered raisins when I got home. Yes, I was very hungry! I think some crunched up almonds, chicken, camembert cheese and an orange with a raspberry vinaigrette would go really well together.

I haven't gone to the gym yet this week, or since last Thursday, so I must go tomorrow. Which means I'll have to get up early and go to bed early. I like having it all finished when I get home from work and, being Wednesday, I don't want to tire myself out before karate class. My nose is blocked- bit of a head cold (thanks to DH), so I'll lift some light weights and a 1/2 hour bike ride, rather than the 1/2 hour run I wanted to do.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7

AF: doesnt that just make your day!! Congrats to not looking like yourself, lol. What a boost for you.
Beach: I would take a break. It is bad enough that you feel bad w/o making yourself feel miserable.
ThinkinThin: Great job! Glad that it went so well for you. I always thought that the first day at a new job was like the first day of school. You always feel so out of place and a bit stressed.

I got a little exercise in tonight, not as much as I wanted. But considering I had company today and a water leak I Guess what lil I got is better then nothing at all. Hope to do better tomorrow. One day at a time is all I can do!
Josiegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:16 PM   #14  
Ready! Set! GO!

S/C/G: 218.8/196.4/143

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies, I'm new to the 30 somethings, but I've read and I'd like to join in if that's ok. I've been at this for a little while now, but feel my motivation and resolution wavering so I'm trying to get back on track but it's hard! I just keep telling myself that tomorrow is a new day and I can do this!!!!
dandimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:26 AM   #15  

dandimae: Welcome!
Thinkinthin: Congrats on the new job and eating well...it's hard to stay on track with coworkers...
Josie: A little is much better than none! Today is a new day!
Mollz: Great food choices
Bigknitter: Welcome back!

Well my day ended somewhat badly yesterday...I had planned to run during lunch because I had to take DS#1 to the orthodontist during the PT hour. I got to work and got some stuff handed to me that I had to work right away...taking me all the way through lunch and up until I had to leave.

I also was told I was past due for the "Mandatory" H1N1 shot...stupid, stupid, stupid! Swine flu swept the state back in September....I've been exposed, I didn't get sick! But I still have to get the stupid shot so they can fill a stupid square. I got so sick on the stupid thing! I could barely stay awake, no less exercise! Same thing happens with the regular flu shot, but I HAVE to get it every year. I have no choice. I can't wait to retire, so I can have control over my own body!

OK...done ranting now...mostly...I still feel horrible...hopefully I can exercise tonight...