PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 12:06 AM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default Thursday, Aug 29th

I missed Wednesday by about 5 minutes, so I will post the days menu on the Thursday thread. Better late than never! I didn't do so good. I learned that starchy veggies DO trigger carb cravings. I had my occasional ice cream tonite. My plan is to eat it once or twice a month just to keep me happy, so I am still 'in plan' but I hadn't planned to eat it this soon since the last time. Rob says that he didn't realize that I have such a hard time saying no to ice cream, so he promised to not ask anymore. When it is 'my time' to eat it, I will mention it to him. The weird thing was, all through dinner I'm thinking 'Hmm, DQ would be so good.' and right after dinner he asks if anybody is up to DQ. Accck! Must have been fate!

B Decaf coffee and cream. I slept until 11:15. I was mad, but I needed the sleep. Waited until lunch to eat.

L YUM, Ham and swiss rollups, with avacado and bacon. Oh MY this was great! Also one boiled egg anda piece of corned beef with cream cheese rolled up.

S SF Eskimo bar

D Garlic pork roast, peas with a bacon and cream sauce and a small amount of steamed carrots with lemon and butter.

S Pecan mudslide, hold the pecans.
More decaf coffee.

Have a wonderful Thursday everybody! Hope no new hairs pop up and your ovaries are good to you.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:05 AM   #2  

Wink

Hi Jennifer--i'm new to the group, but old to pcos!! My period are actually fairly normal now but i have never been able to conceive. My dh and i are just about resigned to the fact that we may not have children. I'm not actively ttc right now, just going with the flow. This is the 3rd day of my low-carb diet and it's not so bad!! I've found that i am not craving carbs and sweets as much as i usually do. Thanks for letting me in the group and i'll keep you posted!! I'm 5'7 and 202. Would like to get down to 145---but that seems impossible!! i work 3rd shift and i'm getting very sleepy!!!--- good night/morning all!!---debyj
Old 08-29-2002, 09:37 AM   #3  
WW Moderator

Welcome to the group Debyj! Which low carb plan are you following? I am doing a mixture of sorts...I think maybe not the best way since my weight loss is so slow, so I might switch over to Protein Power. Has your doctor got you on any meds? That might help for ttc. I'm sure you will get to your goal weight. I am trying to post my food on a daily basis here, and that seems to help keep me in line. Feel free to post what you eat, it might help you and will also give others a good idea of what they can eat.

See you all again tonite with today's menu!
Old 08-29-2002, 01:35 PM   #4  
PCOS Educator (non prof)

I got some good news for you! Did you know Bryers makes Low fat, no Sugar Added ice cream? IC is my downfall too. There is another one, I dont remember thename, but its a red box and the chocolate is only 14 grams. I know most vinellas are aat least 18grams. Chocs usually run around 23 or more. I mean, I know you cant eat it all, but its a help!
Old 08-29-2002, 10:24 PM   #5  
WW Moderator

Yes, I am just waiting for the day they make mint chocolate chip. Yum! Right now I am feasting on SF Eskimo bars. Just not the same as an ice cream sundae. Thanks for the reminder though, I think that ice cream is much more satisfying than the bars. Now all I need is no sugar added caramel and hot fudge!
Old 08-29-2002, 10:26 PM   #6  
WW Moderator

Oh I forgot, today's menu

B Strawberry and Flax smoothie

L 4 corned beef and cream cheese rollups

S handful of nuts. big handful!

D About 3 inches of a meatball sub. It was white bread, but it was very thin, so not too much damage done. Also about 5 bites of legal meatloaf and green bean/mushroom stirfry.

S SF Eskimo bar and decaf coffee!
Old 08-30-2002, 03:40 AM   #7  
Post acholic!

ohh can i join??

B...missed it...wok up late LOL

S...Peparami stick

L...Chicken salad

S...another peperami stick (my fave!!)

D...Grilled chicken with tomatoe and onion salad

And about 7 cups of tea
Old 08-30-2002, 08:05 AM   #8  

Hello!!!
Well, the low carb thing is working fairly well for me!! I'm trying to eliminate the whites (sugar, rice, bread, pasta, potatoes) I'm also doing some research on glycemic indexes---i have found that if i go totally no carb, then i get really ill. I usually get gastritis and my gallbladder starts screaming. This is from acidosis and it SUCKS!! So, i'm trying to incorporate some form of carbs and a little dairy to call the gastric demons. Yogurt seems to help as well as some low carb wheat bread.
Thursday i ate:
salad with chix and cheese
roast beef and green beans
yogurt and a apple
i work 3rd shift so i have a hard time getting breakfast at 5pm!!

I half way started the diet on monday and have lost 3 pounds this week!!---drinking lots of water, trying to reduce my caffeine and using splenda instead of aspartame-dr atkins advice
sorry to ramble on!! thanks for letting me in girls!!---it seems i have better willpower if i have to report to you!! debyj
Old 08-31-2002, 08:25 PM   #9  
WW Moderator

Wow, I totally missed yesterday! It was late last night when I got online and I was exhausted. Will start a new thread for the weekend!
Closed Thread