Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-26-2010, 11:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Default Can someone please critique my planned day tommorow...

I've fallen off the wagon, got ran over, and can't seem to leap back on.

So instead of doing three larger meals a day I'm trying six small meals a day.

This is my planned day:

Breakfast: Smoothie (1/2 cup pear, 1/2 cup papaya, 1 cup water, 1 scoop pea protein powder, 1 scoop greens plus fiber powder, 2 tsp psyllium husks), cup of tea with 2 tsp sugar and 1 tsp half and half

Snack - 2 hardboiled eggs with a pat of butter

Lunch: 1/2 cup cotttage cheese, 1/2 cup cubed sweet potato with a pat of butter, 1 cup cubed canteloupe

Snack - 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, veggie dip (1 tbsp fat free mayo, 1 tbsp light sour cream, 1 tbsp epicure onion dip mix)

Dinner: 3 oz venison sausage, 1 tbsp ketchup, 1 cup mashed cauliflower, 1/4 cup green peas

Snack - 100 calorie popcorn with 1/2 tsp epicure sour cream and chive popcorn seasoning.

Total calories - 1,222
Carbs - 127 g
Fat - 43 g
Protein 86 g
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180 / 137 (regained) / 100

Height: 5'2"

This does not look like a food plan of someone who has fallen off the wagon! Wow. I really don't know if I can improve upon this, you've really got a lot of great stuff listed on here and it is overall very balanced and has a good variety of whole foods. Mmmm...

Sorry I don't have any suggestions, but I just wanted to say it looks good to me! I might use this for some ideas for myself, because I eat several small meals a day too but they're usually not so balanced (too many mostly carb meals, too much dairy, etc). Good luck sticking to it!
teff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

*For me* this would be a very unsatisfying day and I would not be able (or willing) to stick with this. This is how we all differ though.

First of all, your breakfast is a drink - I personally must chew my calories in order to get optimal satisfaction.

Two hard boiled eggs and a pat of butter - also not filling for me. Not nearly enough volume for all those calories in my opinion. For those 200 calories you can have an enormous salad with perhaps even 3 ozs of tuna. Or two SF/FF yogurts with some Fiber One cereal - waaaaay more delicious and filling and satisfying - again, that is must my opinion. Or have just one and put that 100 calories else where. Another snack I love, an egg white omlette with LOADS of sauteed veggies.

Your lunch, I know I sound like a broken record, but yup, also not filling. I'd be starving in no time. I'd rather have a veggie burger and a large bowl of roasted veggies, or an enormous salad with chicken, turkey or tuna.

And yup, ditto on your dinner.

I require a lot more volume (I like to eat ).
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Looks pretty good to me! And filling, too--but that's an individual thing.

Your calories are maybe on the low side for someone at your current size, but if you feel hungry after trying this, you could plan to add a bit more protein foods, or more veggies.

Venison sausage... I'm jealous!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by teff View Post
This does not look like a food plan of someone who has fallen off the wagon!
Hahahaha, that was my PLANNED day! I could've given you what I had ate yesterday....but it would've been about a million calories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
First of all, your breakfast is a drink - I personally must chew my calories in order to get optimal satisfaction.

Not nearly enough volume for all those calories in my opinion.
I looove smoothies. I could live on smoothies. And smoothies are really really really good for my jaw (TMJ) so I can't chew too much!

Volume makes my stomach hurt. So for me, volume = no good

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Your calories are maybe on the low side for someone at your current size, but if you feel hungry after trying this, you could plan to add a bit more protein foods, or more veggies.

Venison sausage... I'm jealous!
Yeah, I think I'll bump it up to 1500 calories.

We have a freezer full of venison. Deer, moose, elk, wild turkey. Yumm. And elk season opened up in our area for the fall, so we'll have one or two elk in the freezer come fall too!
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote