Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Default Bosu advice

I'm been using a bosu with my PT to strengthen my core and work on my stability. I've gotten a letter of medical necessity approved by my flexspending account so I'm trying to decide which one I want to buy for home.

On the bosu site they have several, which one is the best quality in your opinion. Is it worth the money to go ahead and get the professional one? Or is it overkill?

Also I was wondering about the trainer system. The one with the handles and extra bells and whisitles. Does holding onto a bracing system counter the stability training aspect of it? It seems that it would but I like the resistance bands attached.

The home version comes with extra work out videos, so I'm leaning towards that-plus it's cheaper of course. And I've found the trainer system cheaper at other places-HSN says it comes with all the extra videos also. Amazon looks like it only comes with 1.

Thanks

Sarah in MD

Last edited by sarahyu; 02-25-2010 at 11:28 AM.
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:07 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

The home system looks like a good deal to me, I"d love to have those 3 dvd !
The pro one does seem over kill, it's probably reinforced for the extra wear and tear of several uses, several times per day..
I love my Bosu...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/282/140

Height: 5'5"

I ordered mine through Walmart.com it came with the bar and a dvd I like the bar and the dvd is good as well
giffy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:52 PM   #4  
Workin' It

I got the 'as seen on tv kit with the stand, resistance bands, book and DVD for Christmas. I don't use the handle bar when I'm on the Bosu itself, have used the resistance bands. I pull it off the base when I put it round side down, obviously.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:56 PM   #5  

Thanks for the advice. I bought it from HSN over the weekend. It says it comes with 9 workouts so hopefully it will be what I'm expecting.

I've read reviews, some say it's difficult to put together. What was your experience?

I should get mine next week sometime.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #6  
Workin' It

This one, right? It was super easy to put together. i did it in a few minutes one night after dinner. The most annoying part for me was the included pump - I ended up using a pump that came with our air mattress instead. If you have a bike pump I would try it. The included one took forever to get up enough pressure to actually pump air into the ball, didn't seal clean around the opening, accordian piece kept coming off. Came with everything else I needed as I remember.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 03-01-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #7  

I got it yesterday. Set it up with no problems and I'm planning to start using it tonight.