Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-25-2010, 12:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 148/132.5/125

Height: 5'3

Default How often do you weigh yourself?

I am curious how often I should weigh myself. Lately, I have been weighing myself once a week, but as I read posts on here, it seems many people weigh themsevles everyday. All in all, I am simply curious as to how often you weigh yourself, and why?
RynKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/175/170

Height: 5' 9"

I weigh myself everyday - sometimes several times. The reason is because I want to see how clothes, food, sleep, water, etc. change my weight. Also, because there is such a difference in scales! My regular scale is different than my doctors scale and the scale at MRC (where I weigh in twice a week) - so mainly it's curiosity. I suppose there is a little obsessive compulsive disorder going on tool
lolajean624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I weigh myself once a week, sometimes I admit that I take a peek in between

I can see how weighing yourself often could benefit many women but I'm one that would drive myself insane... I almost do weighing in weekly! lol
bensempress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/170/128

Height: 5'5

I've recently made a pledge to myself to not weigh until the 1 month mark of my journey (now if only I can actually do it.) I want to do this so I know I will at least see a loss. I easily become unmotivated and I believe that by seeing a loss FOR SURE, it will only motivate me to keep going!
katybug12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:27 AM   #5  
mickeymick

S/C/G: 158/142/138

Height: 5'10"

i used to weigh once a week but now i weigh everyday. when you get down to losing less than 20 lbs. you need to make sure you are on track. it sucks if i haven't lost anything at the end of the week, when maybe if i had weighed mid-week i could have made a correction earlier. i DO NOT however weigh myself multiple times a day, because my weight fluctuates wildly (up to 5 lbs in a day!). that would be way to discouraging. i weigh first thing in the am with no clothes, so i see the lowest weight i will be all day.
angelamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/209/174

Height: 5ft 10

Probably about 3 times a week. Although I am doing Weight Watchers I don't go to meetings at present, so I count Wednesday, the day I started the diet, as my weigh-in day and keep a record of that weight each week. Often I also take a look on Sunday as I usually eat out on Saturday, to see where I am, and I find it hard to resist a sneaky-peek on Tuesday. It doesn't usually stress me out, though it was frustrating when the Tuesday weight was better than Wednesday despite sticking to my points.
lora m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 84.7 kg/66.5kg/66.5kg

Height: 5'6''

i weight myself every morning before my shower.

i have been doing this ever since i bought a pair of scales (when i started my diet, before i didn't even have one!).

it helps to see those little changes, and how they affect your body- especially for a woman and TOM, and has been teaching me how the body behaves-especially in relation to my previous night's dinner choices.

if you do that, it's very important to accept the normal flunctuations and don't become upset if you do not see a loss every day!--a gain for me is scary thou!
grrrkgrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:22 AM   #8  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

I posted to a very similar thread a couple of days ago (it's a popular question ) so I'll quote myself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I have to weigh every morning, so that I know my patterns. Like many people I have very significant fluid swings - up to 3 or 4 pounds - so if I only weighed once a week, I could get unlucky and have a real loss for the week obscured by a water swing. That would drive me crazier than the daily fluctuations do - the daily fluctuations no longer drive me crazy because I expect and understand them. By weighing every day, I get to see and be proud of all the lows, even though I know I'm likely to bounce back from them a little the next day or two.
Here's the thread, in case you want to browse more answers:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...-yourself.html
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:38 AM   #9  
MindBodySpirit Health

S/C/G: 246/216/186

Height: 5'4"

While I'm in weight loss mode, I try to weigh only once a week. When I hit goal and enter maintenance, I want to start weighing everyday to keep a closer eye on things.
angieaang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

I weigh every single day. I don't like surprises (unless they are the good kind). I need to know what I'm doing on a daily basis. I need to know how different foods impact me on the scale.

I sometimes weigh at night just to see where I am. I only do this when I feel particularly skinny at night and it's usually the night before a weight-tracking day. I also know that I weigh about 2.5/3 pounds heavier at night than I will the next morning. So, I do the math when I have the occasional night-weigh.

Last edited by Cali Doll; 02-25-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #11  
... fabulous!

Each morning.

...I figure I can't do that much "damage" in one day so if I check in each morning, nothing will get too out of hand.
ACivE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I was weighing daily for months. Now I am weighing once or twice a week. I have not had any sustainable loss in probably 6 months.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:14 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 213/183.4/140

Height: 5'7"

I weigh myself every morning first thing, just to see where I'm at, but to me any losses or anything don't count until my weekly weigh in day.
Missita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:59 PM   #14  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Yes this is a popular question, yet I find myself answering every time because I feel my strategy has been a major factor in my success so far. Initially I did not weigh in for 72 days. I knew I needed to stick with a long term change, and for me, the scale can derail me. If I'm doing better than expected, I can let things slide a bit and if worse than expected, I tend to think "what's the point". I now weigh in once each month.

However, that said, I do track my average calorie deficit to make sure I am staying in a range that will keep me in weight loss mode.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:13 PM   #15  
Cheesecake? Yes plz!

S/C/G: 155/149.8/135

This is a popular topic! I was like, wait a second, I thought I posted in this thread?!? ...It was the other one.

So I'll also quote myself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyJules
Usually every morning. I get up before my shower, use the bathroom if needed, then just before I jump into the shower, I step onto the scale. I use the same time and same routine to try and stay consistent. I also try to stand in the same place on the scale... not sure if that makes a difference, but I do it anyway.
LuckyJules is offline   Reply With Quote