Old 02-23-2010, 11:17 PM   #1  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Default Weird Food Habits, anyone?

As I pay more attention to how I eat, I have started noticing that I can be downright WEIRD with food.

I LIKE pizza crust more than I like the actual pizza. In fact, last time I ate pizza normally and not in binge mode, I ended up cutting off the crust, eating it, and giving the cheesy part to someone else.

Sometimes, I binge on vegetables. Who DOES that? Me, apparently.

I eat mustard and vinegar on everything because I crave it insanely.

I know I'm not the only one that does odd things like that... What are your odd food habits?
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:32 PM   #2  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm probably really going to gross some of you out here, but I've grown up in an open minded house, and my mom makes some unappreciated/taboo meat dishes that I crave now from time to time.. and I can't understand sometimes why people are so grossed out by them when they are so good! If you are squeamish about eating certain things then don't read ahead..

I crave the following foods sometimes..

Cow tongue, Rabbit (we raised them for meat some years ago), Beef Heart, Chicken Gizzards and Blood Pudding (not what it sounds like, much more like sausage) and probably some others I am not thinking of right now..

If you were feeling hungry a second ago and thinking about binging on those cookies, I hope that helped out
Phoenix301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/TickTickBoom/ST-220

Height: 5'6

Quote:
If you were feeling hungry a second ago and thinking about binging on those cookies, I hope that helped out
That's exactly why I came onto 3FC a moment ago. Too funny. Thank you!
Gourmet Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:14 AM   #4  
eratosthanes

S/C/G: 297/273/170

Height: 5'5"

I am obsessed with olives. Either the black ones in the can, or the yummy ones in the deli, not the nasty little green ones in the jar. Seriously, I could eat hundreds of calories worth, and don't forget the salt intake! I actually am going to start only buying the little cans for meals, as I always finish them off, and occasionally eat them in the middle of the night.
eratosthanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

Hmmm, that very interesting that bama girl, eratosthanes, and Phoenix301 all named very salty things as their biggest cravings. I also crave salty things. I find myself craving apples and mustard (allergic to apples, so i can't indulge), olives (too high in calories to have more than three) and pickles. I eat half a jar of pickles or pickled Veggies everyday. I am really into pickled cabbage right now. mmmm, just writing about it makes me hungry!

other weird food habits: I always have and always will eat food in order. All the veggies, then the rice, then the beans. Salads take me forever sometimes, I pick out all the corn, then all the peppers, then all the lettuce etc.
maenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 148/132.5/125

Height: 5'3

Our bodies naturally crave salty things, its a biological thing. Our ansestors did not have much access to salt, so when they did get a change to get some, they did! Because, after all, our bodies do need SOME salt. Now days, salt is everywhere, and easily to come by, so its MUCH easier to eat too much of it.
RynKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 84.7 kg/66.5kg/66.5kg

Height: 5'6''

i could have broccoli with gravy every day and be happy. and to a further extent, i could have gravy + anything else (pasta,rice,meat,veggie) and be happy.
i was thinking about finding a gravy appreciation society to join!

and yeh, that's salty too, i suppose!
grrrkgrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

My mom has always said I'm very weird with food... I use to pick the breading off of chicken nuggets...well really I picked everything apart... which isnt how someone gets fat funny...

I cant have any of my food touch and I also eat things one by one...there is no mixing or anything

I dont feel like I have any weird cravings but maybe I just dont notice them
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Anymore, it's veggies...I LOVE LOVE LOVE roasted broccoli. And one of my favorite things to do when the husband isn't eating, since he doesn't like it, is throw some frozen (or fresh if I can) green beans in a skillet and saute them in a bit of butter/olive oil and nonstick spray with one (or sometimes two!) sliced up yellow squash. Yum.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:41 AM   #10  
improving life!

Height: 5'7"

pepperoncinis (i could eat all day) and bloody mary mix. not really a bloody mary drink with the liquor but most definitely the mix. i also die for wheat thins, i had to stop buying them because I would eat the whole box in two days on my own!
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

I used to love making sweet/salty mixes, like a cheese sandwich with jam, yum. I always crave things like that when I'm eating really badly lol.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:21 AM   #12  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Oh man you guys brought up some good stuff:

I am known for eating green beans straight out of the can. LOVE THOSE! I have them for snacks all of the time.

I love olives and anything salty. I could eat pepperoncinis all day as well. And I LOVE Bloody Mary's (especially with olives in them).

I don't mind if my food touches (depending on what it is) but I usually eat one thing at a time.

The weird things I mix together would be (off the top of my head) a dinner roll and mashed potatoes (make a mashed potato sandwich).

I have been known to put ketchup and ranch (not together) on most things as well.

If I can put mushrooms on/in it I will. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE mushrooms. I especially like mushrooms in hashbrowns.

Oh and someone else also mentioned gizzards. I eat those maybe once a year but I like them. You can keep the liver though. *gag*

I DISLIKE: Jelly (anything gelatenous really... if it jiggles or solidifies in the fridge it completely grosses me out), most cheese (I'm getting better though, I LOVE parm, but don't usually like cheese on a sandwich/roll up), I *rarely* eat red meat, I'm not a big mustard fan unless it's honey mustard.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

My food can't touch. My hubby and I were actually joking about this before Christmas, so I (jokingly) said he could buy me a sectioned plate for Christmas... He did! and I LOVE it!
When I was in kindergarten my mom said my fav lunch was jelly and cream cheese sandwiches. mmmm. I eat cream cheese on my pizza. I mix bbq and ranch when I eat chicken tenders. I will put almost anything on my salads, I love salads with lots of stuff! When I'm finished with my food at a restaurant, I'll pick at it if I don't intend to take it home. I tend to make designs and I've been known to get my plate taken away by someone else at the table for making a mess of my plate.
I'm sure there are more, but those are all I can think of right now, lol.

oh, I also binge on veggies - green beans in particular... especially if they're fresh!

Last edited by stargzr; 02-24-2010 at 10:31 AM.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:02 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post
I am known for eating green beans straight out of the can. LOVE THOSE! I have them for snacks all of the time.
Me too! My husband thinks it's gross...cold stuff from a can. But I adore green beans!!! I'm the same way with pork 'n beans..I love cold pork 'n beans..

And speaking of parmesan cheese - it's something that's BAD for me to have in the house. I'll eat spoonfuls of it from the container. Love some parmesan cheese.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

I love love love mustard! I have about 10 different jars in my fridge right now. My current favourite is black truffle mustard or creole mustard so yummy! I also love sauces I have a shelf in my fridge just for sauces. After thanks giving I make an open face sandwich with a piece of bread some mashed potatoes, turkey, stuffing and gravy. So bad but so good. I'm loving pickled onions right now.

My weakness is anything salty. I'm not a huge chocolate fan, but any sort of chips and dip and I just can't stop eating.

I also love to mix my foods. I'm just weird like that

I hate anything bitter or slimy. I'm not a huge jello fan, but the one thing I hate more than anything is cilantro!!! YUCK!
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote