Old 02-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/292/170

Height: 5'7"

Talking I'm at a loss for words....

So a week ago my scale was telling me 300lbs, when I woke up (7pm yesterday, I'm on a night schedule) It said 291, even now it says 293 after a day(night) of meals and what not. I am trying to make myself believe the scale is not really broken
My friends though think I'm a little bit irritable and a ---- since I gave up sugar though

Ok so I found a few dozen words anyway :P

Last edited by Chrys; 02-23-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Chrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/256/190

Height: 6'2

wow! 7-9 pounds? Awesome!
rachwms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Wow! Good for you! You're off to an excellent start! I read that you started riding the stationary bike too. These are wonderful things that you are doing for your body, and it's obviously working!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:58 PM   #4  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

You will seriously loose a good amount when you first start. Enjoy it!! So long as you are understanding to your body and don't get mad when you slow down to 1-2lbs a week (I'm still working on the "not getting mad at myself" thing)

mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/292/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortonpixie View Post
You will seriously loose a good amount when you first start. Enjoy it!! So long as you are understanding to your body and don't get mad when you slow down to 1-2lbs a week (I'm still working on the "not getting mad at myself" thing)

Yeah, already reminding myself it will slow dramatically soon enough so enjoy the fast number drop while it lasts hehehe.
Chrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Congrats on the weightloss! I act the same way, and will usually only believe i have lost the weight if my scale shows it over a few days.

I also think that cutting out the sugar can make a person irritable. It is best to not think about what you are not having, and what you are gaining---better health.
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:20 AM   #7  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliondollarbbw View Post
Congrats on the weightloss! I act the same way, and will usually only believe i have lost the weight if my scale shows it over a few days.

I also think that cutting out the sugar can make a person irritable. It is best to not think about what you are not having, and what you are gaining---better health.
Chrys: WTG on the loss! It's fantastic when the scale starts that decline. Don't worry about the loss slowing. Your weight didn't go on overnight, it won't come off overnight. Just keep at it and watch the pounds add up over time.

Cutting out sugar if someone is addicted to it will make them very irritable. A drug addict and a sugar addict activate the same pleasure receptors in the brain when given their drug of choice/sugar.

There was a recent study done on rats at Princeton University, where they were given normal rat food and a 25% solution of sugar-water (similar to the sugar in a coke). The rats started to decrease their food intake, but increase their sugar-water intake until it doubled!! When the sugar was taken away, they had classic withdrawl symptoms (shaking/tremors, sweating, palpitations and intense cravings).

Most Westerners will tell you they're not addicted, but they'd be lying through their teeth. I remember watching this one program called "Can Fat Teens Hunt" where they bring obese teens into the wilderness, leave them with a primitive society (primitive by our standards) and the teens have to live like them. Anyway, first night, every single one of them has a tremendous sugar crash; one little bimbo-wannabe complained the whole night about wanting to go home. Try to get a typical Westerner to give up sugar for 10 days and they'll be crawling and begging for a Coke or some white bread within a couple of days.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:50 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Yes, I do believe food can be addicting. However, once a person does not have the addictive food over a period of time, then their irritability greatly diminishes. It can also be that the irritability is due to an increase in fatigue---a person could just be overexerting themselves, and the sugar or caffeine keeps them going. When they cut it out, they geet tired and irritable.

I don't think it is something that can be labeled against one country or another. So many countries have high amounts of sugar in their diets, and even more as they begin to utilize more fast food and processed food options.

The irritability does pass. Eating fresh fruit can also help with any withdrawal symptoms.
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #9  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Congrats on the weight loss! That's awesome!

Ditto what everyone said about not worrying when it slows some. Just keep going in the right direction.

I got really cranky when I cut back on the sugar. It does get easier though...
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 238/230/175

Height: 5'8"

That is awesome! I'm back here after a slight relapse off my healthy eating plan. Today is a new day...and we can do it!
CawScorp is offline   Reply With Quote