Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-23-2010, 12:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

Default Have you ever worked out so hard that you...

...(fill in the blank)?

For me it's:
...have lost all coordination?

It happened to me for the first time today. And this is coming from someone who's been involved in sports her whole life and plays rugby 6 months out of the year. I usually can't think by the end of a game and am so sore the next day that I can't get out of bed.

But I've NEVER been so bad off coordination-wise as I was today after my first ever spin class. Apparently spinning is dangerous...who knew?

After class, I was leaning down to get my stuff with a water bottle in my mouth and smashed my face into the mirror on the wall, giving myself a bloody lip and almost knocking out a tooth. Then on my way out of the rec center, I walked into the sliding glass doors and took them off their hinges. No joke! It was only my shoulder that hit, but apparently I was walking fast enough to do some damage to the doors.

So after I put them back into place, I continued walking out the second set of doors four feet away, and walked into those as well! Apparently I'd lost some momentum with the first impact because those stayed put and I just bounced off. The little girl walking next to me gave me a very confused and scared look and ran away to her parents. Go me for scaring off children!

I'm curious if you guys have had similar post-workout experiences.
augeremt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:43 AM   #2  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Oh wow. That's funny is a really terrible way.

I could fill in the blank with: puke, passed out, had jelly legs, got happy, became dehydrated.

The final one only happens in the summer, when we're walking long distances and I don't want to take water away from the kids.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:02 AM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Yikes! I hope you're doing alright! I can relate...but for me, it is just part of who I am. I'm a total clutz no matter what I'm doing! I walk into furniture all the time and have broken my little toes quite a few times. Ouch!

I have workout out to the point where I almost started to pass out, but I didn't. Does that count?

Hope you're ok!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Hmmmm - I'd insert throwing up and *almost* but not quite passing out... room narrowed down to just a pin prick of light, couldnt hear anything and if I wasnt holding onto the spin bike I'd've hit the ground!
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:54 AM   #5  
banned

Wow, I hope you're okay! I'm very klutzy, and am always finding something to trip or fall over. I actually threw up earlier this week, because my stomach was too full and the exercise was pretty intense. Also, I've lost coordination and fell before too.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

I'm totally fine. It didn't hurt or anything, but I'm just surprised that that happened. Maybe I was dehydrated or just plain exhausted or something. It was just really weird. Thanks for the concern

Last edited by augeremt; 02-23-2010 at 02:33 AM.
augeremt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 198.4/145/145

Height: 5'5

Wow! Glad to hear you're okay! I've worked out so hard I've vomitted before. I've worked out so hard I had the jelly legs and felt like I was in a daze. I couldn't remember walking to the locker room lol.
pink sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I worked out so hard...my step flew out from under my foot and down onto the floor i went. lol. I was okay. The only thing i hurt was my ego.

Cool...we got a couple of spinners here. I just started spinning and i LOVE it!!! The first class...i worked out so hard that when i got off the bike....i could barely stand up. My legs were like jello. lol. It has gotten better. My butt still hurts some days. I'm only on my second week. But i love it because it is soooo challenging.

I'm glad you are okay though augeremt. Kind of funny in retrospect but not so funny when it happened, huh?? lol.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:32 AM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! It sounds like low blood sugar to me. You were probably pretty close to passing out.

I often keep a miniature box of raisins in my gym bag for just such an emergency.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I did a Body Pump class last week and I got a shake in my quads at one point but continued on. At the end of the class, when I tried to walk down the stairs, I must have looked like Bambi on ice as I swear my legs had lost all the bone and muscle and turned to jelly. I had to hold onto the bannister to get myself down them safely and I did think at the time how dangerous it is putting the studio upstairs!

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:41 PM   #11  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

HAHA about the kid. That's so funny.

You know that's happened to me as well. In fact I often lose a little bit of balance after working out hard. I don't think it's a bad thing, I think part of it is that you were working out so hard on a bike, moving so much in place sort of tricked your mind. Cos when I run on the treadmill (or use an elliptical even!) that happens, I sort of run into the stuff and I feel like I'm still moving when I'm not. It never happens when I run/bike outside though. Again, I don't think it's a bad thing unless, like someone said, you didn't eat or you were mega sore the next day.

Kudos on the spinning class btw, I'm terrified of those. I knew a girl who seriously passed out on the bike. Woke up on the floor and never spun again haha.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #12  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Add me to the list! I've done athletic conditioning classes where my legs were shaking so bad by the end of it that I thought I would crash to the floor any second. Forget going up and down the stairs!

Long distance runs make me puke if I am not well hydrated.
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #13  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

I came back from the gym one day feeling really wiped out, but otherwise fine. I jokingly informed my housemates I was about to hurl cause I had worked out so hard and sat down on the couch for a while. After a short amount of time, I went up stairs to change out of my workout clothes. As I got to the top of the stairs, I relized that I did indeed need to hurl and barely made it to the bathroom. Since no one came to check on me, I went back down stairs and rather indigently informed my housemates that I had in fact thrown up.

They both looked at me and were like: "yeah, isn't that what you went upstairs to do?"
"No, it was not!!!!" Says I.
"Well, you looked like you were gonna so we are not surprised that you did." Says they.
Humph! I took it easier the next day.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:45 PM   #14  
Blue

S/C/G: 181.4/134.8/115

Height: 5'2 1/2"

Hey Augeremt,

That actually sounds a little scary to me. Do you have high blood pressure? Did you have any weakness, visual changes or anything else that might look like a stroke? I'm not trying to be scary, but that sounds a little like a TIA. I would definitely get worked up by your doctor if you ever have a repeat performance.
BlueIsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:11 PM   #15  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

recently was so exhausted after cross country skiing, I could hardly change clothes and get to the hot tub. Hubby had to guide me along. I don't think I would have been safe alone in the hot tub either, wouldn't have gone if not for him. I was careful, took breaks and had snacks, but even tho I was regularly exercising 2+ hours a day before my ski trip I wasn't ready for the 3-6 hours per day I was doing there. I was too tired to eat a couple of times by the end.
Hope you didn't have low blood sugar, which can be very disorienting. But I too find that using stationary equipment (bikes, treadmills etc) makes me dizzy a bit when I get off it. Reorienting takes a bit of time.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote