Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-17-2010, 01:38 PM   #1  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Default Dang, this caring about my appearance could get costly

So far I haven't spent much on replacing clothing as I am losing. I've been able to shop from my closet and fill in with trips to Goodwill.

However, I am laughing at myself right now. I am packing for a road trip this weekend to visit the beau that I haven't seen in a month. I suddenly decided the shoes that I would wear with the dress I am taking look too ratty. Now, I am not the kind of girl who is into shoes, and my guy who hasn't seen me in a month isn't going to be looking at my feet! But I just made a flying trip to the department store to buy newer, much nicer shoes. Of course, then had to buy new pantyhose to match the new color. And not the basic brand, now that proud of legs, had to be the top of the line silky kind...

I sense when I do start replacing clothes that I'm going to go a bit crazy.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:42 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I just went through all my closets...I tried to get rid of things, you know, as part of the spring cleaning process. But I really like everything! It's becoming a problem!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:47 PM   #3  

Default Feet First

Three letters for you: DSW. Great, cheap shoes.
He may not be looking at your feet, but what woman can feel hot in ratty shoes?!
YearOfLivingThinly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:30 PM   #4  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

It may be costly, but isn't it a wonderful feeling? Just remember, in the long run, it's more costly to be overweight and unhealthy-doctor bills, meds, etc add up faster than clothes do easily! Happy shopping-lol!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:59 PM   #5  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Oh yeah, and the Universe owes me a spree when it comes to money spent on clothing. Most of my work life has been spent in uniforms, and the last 10 years I've been working from home, often in jammies or work out clothes. And even before gaining 100 lbs 20 years ago I was not interested in shopping. But a very different woman is emerging these days.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:43 PM   #6  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I'm going through this. I spent $80 on my first ever size 8 jeans. Two weeks later, they were falling off when I walked. I went and spent $40 buying one of the same pairs in a size 6. I NEVER thought I'd be a size 6. And I'm still not at goal!

Now that I'm smaller and clothes look better on me, I'm a LOT more interested in buying clothes. And with new outfits, I of course need new shoes, accessories, and make up...right!?

I'm forcing myself to wait to go crazy with shopping until I'm at goal. And yes, it is expensive, but I'm going to allow myself a splurge. I have never really cared about my appearance before (weight, clothes, make up, etc), and I think that's part of why I let myself go. I WANT to look good, and part of staying look good will be maintaining my weight.

Last edited by mkendrick; 02-18-2010 at 02:44 PM.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Height: 5'7

I totally feel you. I got a really cute dress at Goodwill today and am jonesing to go find some cute heels to go with it.
amynbebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I am also an avid resale shopper. The great thing is, the smaller you get the easier it is to find stuff---seriously! I have also found MY style--no longer what I fit but what truly fits me!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote