UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:31 PM   #1  

Default Newbie here - Bodybugg advice

Hey i'm Jamie and i'm 24 years old from Birmingham!

Recently joined 3FCs and have spent some of the day reading a few posts looking for hints and tips. I'm currently about 24st and 6'2 tall. Have decided that 2010 is going to be the year I make some HUGE changes to my lifestyle although January and early Feb has been a slow starter.

I recently lost my job so I have cut down on the amount of beer I drink which i'm hoping will help.. Over Christmas I was averaging about 8-10 pints every other night.. sometimes more if I was out for the Football aswell.

Because of not going out often I have also stopped eating food from the chippy so hopefully this will start to have some effect sooner or later. I think my biggest problem is fizzy pops which I managed to downgrade to Diet Coke but i've been told thats pretty much just as bad too so trying to give it up totally and stick to water.

anyhow thats enough waffling on from me, the main reason I wanted to post on here was to ask a few of you about the Bodybugg device that they seem to use alot on Americans Biggest Loser (Love that show, find it really helpful and makes me want to go and burn those calories lol).

Does anyone know if the Bodybugg works in the UK and if there is a UK supplier or not. Really sorry if this has been asked and answered before but couldnt find anything on here (I did look, honest).

thanks for taking the time to read my post anyhow and thanks in advance for any questions answered.

Jamie
BritJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:10 PM   #2  

I've not got a clue what these are, never seen the show. Is this what you are looking for?

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_t...All-Categories
TheTigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi, and welcome!

I am ridiculously addicted to Biggest Loser, but sorry I have no info on BodyBuggs...
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:20 PM   #4  

Hiya guys, not sure about the eBay route as i've read online that people sell fakes.. thanks for the link though!
BritJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/150/145

Height: 5'7"

Hello, welcome and well done on your efforts so far, Jamie.

The KiFit seems to be the British version of the Bodybug, here's a link to the site.

http://www.kiperformance.co.uk/

There is a 10% off code kicking around somewhere, I'll have a look for it later.
Trudiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 320/320/154

Height: 5"8'

Hi Jamie!

Just wanted to say hi as I'm in Birmingham... well, a few miles away, anyway.

Trudiha is right, it's the Ki Fit we have in the UK. I bought a ki Fit back in December and I must say it's been brilliant. I found it very motivating BUT I'm now working away from home a lot so I'm not paying as much attention to the reports as I used to - I used to pore over the charts every day!

I would say though that it was/is a really good tool so I'd recommend it.

Cheers
QoS
QueenOfSwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 140/136/115

Height: 5' 0"

I've been using the KiFit since late in January and have found it to be quite fascinating although I've not lost too much weight. After a long e-mail conversation with the people at KiFit I've discovered that I am not eating enough and therefore my body is in starvation mode (must eat at least your BMR).

I would recommend the KiFit and also can recommend the team for their assessment of my eating and exercise regime. The only complaint if I have one is that the bugg does tell me that I wake up a lot during the night, more than I think I do and it sometimes tells me I'm asleep when I veg out in front of the TV.

It's quite an expensive commitment but if you follow it religiously you will get good results.
Sue991 is offline   Reply With Quote