Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 08:33 PM   #1  

Angry Steel Magnolias -- #188

Good Evening, Flowers!
I must have been tired last night . . . I see that I rolled over to page 2 on #187.

I cleaned out my pantry shelves today and pitched some old, old cans as in 2000 exp. date! I know that my MIL sent them down when she headed south because they were brands that I never buy. That had to be in '99 because she wasn't back in '00.

Bubs, Cottage Doubles sound good! I will check them out at our one store that has more stuff available. I'm sure when the new Super WM opens, they will have lots of choices. I just hate having only one place to shop for certain items -- especially when they caused other businesses to close.

It's hot and sticky again today -- more sticky than hot. I'm hoping a cold front moves in during the night but it's supposed to be in the mid 80s tomorrow.

Hope you are all having a nice Sunday. Tomorrow begins a new work week . . . 3 days down and only 177 to go!

Have a good week!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 08-25-2002, 11:23 PM   #2  

Jean,
Your sign off was done like a true teacher Our kids start tomorrow, and it's supposed to be cooler this week........I sure hope so. A friend told me it was 91 in his room last week........not much learning can go on under those conditions.

The heatwave here is finally over, and it's cool tonight in the West Virginia hills..........yeeha! Finally! When I moved up here in '83, after the third week of school it was jacket weather, but not so anymore. I'm just glad to have the windows open again.

Have a great week youall. I'm having my windshield replaced where I cracked it with my kayak Really stupid.

Bubs
Old 08-26-2002, 06:34 PM   #3  

Angry

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's another HUMID day here in Iowa! The temperature is only 81 but it is sticky w/o the air on.

I came home with a headache and think it is just from the heat and humidity. What ever did we do before a/c was invented? And I'm old enough to remember!

Bubs -- You know, with our unseasonably hot summer, I'm wondering what our winter will be like. I'm almost afraid to guess! Someone at lunch said that according to the Farmer's Almanac we are to have more moisture and colder than normal temperatures. Someone else spoke up and said, "define normal!"

DH has a late meeting this afternoon so I suppose I should be thinking along the "what's for supper" line.

Have a terrific Tuesday, Flowers! Stay cool!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 08-26-2002, 07:26 PM   #4  
Web Nana

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

It's Monday again and here this is the last week before school starts. I know many of you , JEAN, have started already. Had Sean and Kerri today and boy are they ready to go back. We made cookies again and they used the computer. It kept them happy while DD went shopping for toilets for the new addition.

Jean: It must be the heat that is giving you that headache. The humidity doesn't help either.

BUBBLES: I just reread your last post and saw that your children will start back this week. I guess we are just behind the times here in MA.

MAGGIE: Today is WI and I just know you will have your usual good results.

Yesterday DH and I went to the movies. We don't go very often but in the last few weeks we have been 3 times. Sunday was one I highly recommend. MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING!!!! Very funny, clean movie. I actually laughed out loud, it was that good!
Previously we saw 'The Road to Perdition" with Tom Hanks and I thought it was probably and Oscar winner but it was very violent. The other movie was a Clint Eastwood movie "Blood Work" I thought it average but I do like Clint.

Not much else new in this part of the neighborhood.

Gloria in MA.......just hanging out in cyberland.
Old 08-26-2002, 11:42 PM   #5  
Thin Within

Thumbs down Weigh Day Report

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

It has been a real busy fun day and I am tired out. We left this morning and headed to Santa Barbara and spend the day with some frineds over there. Then came back and went to WW where the Iron Monster greeted me with the news that I am down another 2 POUNDS which I am very happy for.

JEAN sorry you have that headache ~ drink lots of water and it will probably help with a bit of rest. Heat and humidity do a number on me also.

BUBBLES are you still teaching?

GLORIA thanks for the movie review... we don't hardly ever go but do watch DVD's of ones that have been recommended and we think we will like.

Have a good evening ladies..... I am going to bed early tonight.
Old 08-27-2002, 11:33 AM   #6  

Way to go Maggie! Last week was just a fluke No, I am no longer teaching However, most of my good friends are teachers, so I keep up with what's going on. Also, living in a small town, well you know the drill. I actually volunteered to work the concession stand for the band at one of the football games........I am nuts! Oh well, it's early in the season so it shouldn't be too cold.

Massachusetts has some sense when it comes to the school calendar. Youall have a February break too, don't you? We start early and end early, and always before have had a week off at Thanksgiving for Deer Season. They've eliminated that this year, and I'll bet there's already not a sub available for that week. It will wind up costing the state a wad in sub pay for teachers, bus drivers, and custodians; not to mention the fact that every male over the age of ten will be absent, so there goes the federal funding for meals. It will be interesting to see how it's handled. It's a whole lot hotter in Aug. than it is in May, but somehow the folks in their ivory, air conditioned towers don't think of those little details, as Jean well knows. My best friend had a "rager" headache yesterday too, which she attributed to the combination of first day confusion and heat. At least she's in the basement of her old building, so it retains the coolness and seldom gets really bad.

Tonight's my date with the Iron Monster. It will be interesting. Ihave not been OP, but have not been over either. I just didn't do much eating while my buddy was lost. That's a first!

Have a good one,
Bubs
Old 08-27-2002, 05:30 PM   #7  

Unhappy

It's another hot and sticky one today -- "stickier" than yesterday even. I felt like a shower was in order by noon. I keep thinking that each day will be the last of the humidity but so far it's hanging on. I keep telling myself I won't complain but it is miserable and even the kids are out of sorts.

Gloria -- What I wouldn't give for a cookie right now! YUM! We haven't been to a movie in ages -- I don't like blood and guts so that leaves a lot of them out for me. My favorites are the ones where everyone lives happily ever after! I think the Greek Wedding would be my choice.

Maggie -- CONGRATULATIONS on another 2 #s that are gone forever! "Weigh to go!" I go WI tonight and I'm hoping that maybe I have sweated (is there such a word?) something off this week!

Bubs -- Good luck at WI tonight! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you! :

I need to clear off the kitchen table before I head out to WW. The junk mail and papers just seem to multiply overnight!

Have a wonderful Wednesday! Think COOL for Iowa!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 08-27-2002, 10:17 PM   #8  
Thin Within

Thumbs down Tuesday

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

It is a pleasant evening but for the bugs. Bugs everwhere so here I am staying inside. I have been gone most of the afternoon - took my mother to the doc - seems she might have a touch of swimmers ear and can't swim for a few days. I have been drinking water since I got home like mad. Must have had something but I can't imagine what that set my thirst off. I have drank at least 68 ounces since 4 pm and it is just 7:10 now.

BUBBLES you are so right that last week's weigh in was a fluke. I only aim for 1 to 2 pounds a week and don't kmow how that 3.6 pound loss creeped its way in there. I wish you good fortune with your meeting with the Iron Monster this night.

JEAN The humidity just has to break soon for how much longer can it hold out. Fall has to come....... Good luck at weigh in tonight.

I got a new cookbook at WW last night called Weight Watchers Entertains with the chefs from the Culinary Institute of America. It looks real ineteresting for it has menus for the many different holidays and functions around the year. Yummy things that are good to entertain with. Interesting how I got it. We played a game of hot and cold and the prize was a cookbook. Well it was one that I already have that I won so I opted to pay the difference and get this brand new book.

I am waiting to hear your results Bubbles and Jean.

Last edited by Maggie; 08-27-2002 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-28-2002, 05:15 PM   #9  
Thin Within

Thumbs down Hump Day

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is so nice here today that the breeze is great. It is HOT outside in it but in the shade or inside with the windows and fan going it is lovely. I went out and took a bag to organize the things I like to keep in my car so it would be easy just to grab it by the handles and stick it in the trunk when I want the top down. You know stuff like kleenex and paper towels and wipes, etc. I like to always have handi wipes with me.

Well JEAN & BUBBLES where are those weigh in results?

Have a nice evening ladies.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:04 PM   #10  

We are having the same kind of weather we have been having since the end of June . . . and HUMID! The superintendent paid a visit to the room next to ours today. His comment was, "it's not so bad in here!" The teacher happened to be all alone and it was his prep period. The teacher's reply back was, "you should sit in here the other 7 periods of the day when there are 25 - 30 students packed in here!" It was even more miserable today since it didn't cool down during the night.

Maggie -- I only lost .5#! I thought sure it would be more! I really do believe that walking in the morning vs. walking at night has something to do with it. I must not put as much energy into it at night because I'm tired and it's hotter than in the morning. If I could only get up at 5 AM! This is a new week -- onward and downward! We have a bountiful crop of grasshoppers around here! I'm wondering how they got into the tiny little courtyard at school? They keep hopping in our open window. The new cookbook sounds like a good one; we never get the new stuff until it is "old!"

Bob just got home so guess I'd better head off to the kitchen. Have a terrific Thursday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 08-29-2002, 12:43 AM   #11  
Thin Within

JEAN CONGRATULATIONS on your loss. I know you expected more but anything is worth a celebration for you are going in the right direction. Never forget that if you are building muscle that it weighs more than the fat you lost. So that scale isn't the only gage of your losses.

We have yet to hear from BUBBLES.....

Nighters.
Old 08-29-2002, 10:50 AM   #12  

Alright already! I lost 1.6# last week. I've had a bout with a stomach bug this week and haven't felt like eating........a rarity, believe me, so maybe when we do the class tonight I"ll have lost more.
Jean,
Our heat and humidity are finally over! At least for a while. It's so nice to have the windows open again.
Started aquarobics with a group at the Boys Home in Covington,VA, which is about 40 minutes away. It's an indoor heated pool, and is worth the drive. I can't believe how much better I feel this morning.
I'm going to take JimBob down to the trail for a walk.
Have a good one youall!
Bubs
Old 08-29-2002, 01:44 PM   #13  
Thin Within

Thumbs down Friday Eve

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

BUBBLES CONGRATULATIONS on that loss. OK ~ you are off the hook for being tardy with your good news because you brought your excuse along that you have been ill. Glad you are feeling better now. We just wanted to celebrate with you. That swimming class sounds great - I want to do that after I have lost some more weight. Maybe after I have lost the next 60 pounds. This first lap I am just beginning to add exercise. Getting the bike and will add hand weights and stretching exercises. I am going to get the bike next week and I am excited; then I will order that "big" seat from Camping World. In September the weather will be perfect to get in some biking around here. El Nino is supposed to be back but they say we still won't get any rain till late winter. We will just have to wait and see for those weather perople aren't always right in their long range forcasts. They usually get it right when they report it is raining when it is raining and we already know it. Hope your walk with JimBob is fun this day. I am sure he will enjoy it and stay close to you.

Have a wonderful day folks.
Old 08-29-2002, 02:31 PM   #14  

Hi Maggie,
I didn't realize you were in my category in the weight dept. I'm at 253 after a year and a half on WW.........I should have lost three times that, but at least it's better than where it was:~}
You'll love the big seat. Check to see whether or not it's a gel seat. I have one, and it slides over the regular seat. You tighten it with a couple of strings and a slide thingy. ..........I'm a techno genius, can you tell? I also have a pair of gel lined bike shorts which are great. I ordered them from Junonia last year. They're pricy, but when you've had hemorrhoid surgery, ain't nothin too pricey when it comes to comfort
Jimmy and I had a grand time on the trail.......saw six deer at once. They bounded onto the trail from the woods, flipped those tails up in the air and trotted off. They were almost tame. Jimmy took off after them. Contrary to most Beagles, he is not very verbal, so he can sort of sneak up on them...........or so he thinks. Whatever, it was cool, and we both loved it. What a great way to get in the exercise.

On my third load of laundry And I don't have a houseful of little kids! Sing praises to all those folks who invented household appliances

Later, and I will report in with the weight tonight, thank you very much. I've been properly chastised!
Bubs
Old 08-29-2002, 03:09 PM   #15  
Thin Within

BUBBLES Yep I weigh in at 12.6 more than you right now. I haven't done any exercise during this first {just about} 60 pounds lost but here is my long term goal.
Second 60 pound loss: bike, walk, stretch, hand weights
Third and last 60 pound loss: bike, walk, stretch, hand weights and swimming.
That is my plan from where I sit right now.

How neat to see those deer on your walk. I love seeing the wild animals around here also.

Hope the Iron Monster is kind to you this evening.
Closed Thread