Old 02-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #1  
Doing it the healthy way!

S/C/G: 264/ticker/155

Height: 5'9'

Default Meta-Slim Plus

Hello all I got my meal plan on Friday, and I am on the Meta-Slim Plus....the beige menu. I was wondering if there was anybody else on this plan that might have some insight or advise for me. I have read about a lot of different plans on here, but I haven't heard anybody mention this one. Any help or advice woud be greatly appreciated.
kimmermarie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 219.5/see ticker/168

Height: 5'7"

I began on this plan also - the hardest part for me at times was eating 6oz of protein (mainly at dinner when it had to all be lean meat - no cheese or other protein options). I found I often had to really slow down and not try to eat so fast. But chewing 6 oz of the same protein at one sitting was tough at times...just know it is doable and there is a method to the madness
leigh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I'm on this plan as well. I haven't had any problems so far. I do like to eat cheese, and the center said that can slow down your progress.. I second the 6oz of protein at times it tough. Def use the cookbook and receipes on here. It really makes a difference.. Good LUCK!!!
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: xxx/166/187 Thats 19 lbs below

Height: 5'10"

Am on same plan from same center. By week 5, I was down 20lbs. I have followed it pretty much to a T. I also have a friend that worked at that center and gave me some insight. Here goes. The pills don't work, they are just that a supplement. They get commission on what they sell. She did say that the EFA oils are great. She still takes them and that MRC has a great fresh product there ( no fishy aftertaste). As far as the corti, allday, MRC 6 etc. pretty much a crock. A good multi vitamin is a must since the diet is so low in calories and your body needs a multi. There is a potential for hair loss, dry skin and this is why the EFA and multi is important. A good prenatal vitamin can do wonders. I havent tried this yet, but at $9 a piece when you buy 10 there and not have to wait for them in the mail is a wash with me.
Weigh your meat. I eat tons of chicken. I marinade it in plain balsamic, splenda, italian seasoning and a dash of olive oil. I premix this and use as my salad dressing and marinade. Drink extra water. I am over 120 oz a day. I went OP on the day before Valentines day and felt like crap the next day. I drank a few vodka/diet rites. Snacked on a few OP foods at a party. Fine after 1 day and being back to the program.
The best bread is Joseph's Flax bread in the tortilla aisle at WMT. Cut it in half and it is 50 cal. Good stuff.
Good luck. Maybe I'll see you at the center.
Rebajetgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #5  

thanks for the advise girls!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebajetgirl View Post
Am on same plan from same center. By week 5, I was down 20lbs. I have followed it pretty much to a T. I also have a friend that worked at that center and gave me some insight. Here goes. The pills don't work, they are just that a supplement. They get commission on what they sell. She did say that the EFA oils are great. She still takes them and that MRC has a great fresh product there ( no fishy aftertaste). As far as the corti, allday, MRC 6 etc. pretty much a crock. A good multi vitamin is a must since the diet is so low in calories and your body needs a multi. There is a potential for hair loss, dry skin and this is why the EFA and multi is important. A good prenatal vitamin can do wonders. I havent tried this yet, but at $9 a piece when you buy 10 there and not have to wait for them in the mail is a wash with me.
Weigh your meat. I eat tons of chicken. I marinade it in plain balsamic, splenda, italian seasoning and a dash of olive oil. I premix this and use as my salad dressing and marinade. Drink extra water. I am over 120 oz a day. I went OP on the day before Valentines day and felt like crap the next day. I drank a few vodka/diet rites. Snacked on a few OP foods at a party. Fine after 1 day and being back to the program.
The best bread is Joseph's Flax bread in the tortilla aisle at WMT. Cut it in half and it is 50 cal. Good stuff.
thanks so much for all the info!! this is going to come handy!! especially about the supplements and the marinade for the chicken. what kind of italian seasoning do you use?

we are pretty much the same height....so i hope i do as well as you are doing i have been following the plan pretty much to a T as well...except I made an exception for Vday and had 2 low carb beers...but I drank a bunch of water after. I weigh in today...so I hope it doesn't affect me...fingers crossed
Old 02-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: xxx/166/187 Thats 19 lbs below

Height: 5'10"

All it is, the italian seasoning in the spice aisle. Basil, oregano, parsley flakes.
The puddings make a good dessert once you can have creamy's. The grape, orange and berry are the best HNS. The fruit punch and lemon are good too, but they are powder and a little harder to mix. The chicken bouillon is nasty (IMO) but I guess if you used it to cook it wouldnt be so bad. Just smells nasty to me. I didnt get the cookbook. I am a really really good cook and cant bear to mess with a normal recipe to make it program friendly, so I just stick to salads, grilled meats and steamed veges. Thats just me though. Oh yea, my favorite is for breakfast. 1 med. egg scrambled in a 1/2 Josephs bread, 2oz cheese and a few dashes of tabasco. Kinda like a breakfast burrito.
Rebajetgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:44 PM   #8  

you sound just like me! i pretty much stick to grilled meats, salads and steamed veggies, but that is alright by me, because i like it all. i pretty much do the same thing for breakfast that you do, except i use a YUMMY low carb tortilla that i found at Allen's in BV...WM doesn't sell the same brand.

thanks for all the extra input! it's gonna help me alot
Old 02-17-2010, 09:43 AM   #9  
Pghgal23

S/C/G: 161.5/159/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebajetgirl View Post
That's great information!! I am HORRIBLE at staying on plan and you think I would since I paid so much money! Losing 20 in 5 weeks would be oh so amazing!!!

Congrats!
Pghgal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:00 PM   #10  

I'm on the META-SLIM - PLUS Level 3 (white menu). Is the same one you guys are on? If so, how long do/did you stay on this menu? I just finished week 4 (3 weeks fat burning) and have lost 19 lbs. I guess I need to ask my rep. how long she expects me to be on this menu.

Scott
COcajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 339/282.4/200

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by COcajun View Post
I'm on the META-SLIM - PLUS Level 3 (white menu). Is the same one you guys are on? If so, how long do/did you stay on this menu? I just finished week 4 (3 weeks fat burning) and have lost 19 lbs. I guess I need to ask my rep. how long she expects me to be on this menu.

Scott
My rep told me that I will be on Meta Slim Plus Level 3 until I a lower than 300lbs. After that she said I will be one snack less. I think you move to Meta Slim Plus 2 and then only thing omitted is the extra snack.
BlkBeautylosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #12  
Bunnynicula

S/C/G: 298.5/273.4/150

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBeautylosing View Post
My rep told me that I will be on Meta Slim Plus Level 3 until I a lower than 300lbs. After that she said I will be one snack less. I think you move to Meta Slim Plus 2 and then only thing omitted is the extra snack.
I started at 298lbs and I'm on Level 2 so that sounds right..but i think i still get 3 snacks...i never eat them though..i wonder if im supposed to....this diet is too much food for me!
Bunnynicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:54 PM   #13  
Bunnynicula

S/C/G: 298.5/273.4/150

Height: 5'7''

Opps i was way wrong..i only get one snack a day...i just never eat them so i wasnt sure
Bunnynicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:58 PM   #14  
a unique snowflake

S/C/G: 334/298/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by COcajun View Post

Scott
i am still in pre condtioning.. my clinic is making me do it for 9 days because they only have classes on wed night.. just wondering what all is on the beige menu... i am dying to know what other things i will be allowed on the 17th when i finally get off this one.....

thanks for you help .. scar
Scarlette13 is offline   Reply With Quote