South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 05:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Motivations Chick Chat

Let's start off this fresh new week with renewed motivation!

Am I the only one that has to work today? Actually I really don't mind spending the day with my delightful girls, and I love it when they're home from school. But I do mind the fact that we're expecting another couple of inches of snow later today. I hope it holds off until I get home!

So what's on everyone's plans on their extra day off?
Old 02-15-2010, 05:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning cottage! Where's Okie this morning?!

You're only expecting 2 inches? Originally, that's what they projected for us, but it's been creeping up. I haven't checked the forecast today though. I'm good with it, because the sledding snow yesterday was poooooooor. Need more!

I had a bad eating weekend. Surprise, surprise . (My bad weekends are NO WAY near what they used to be!) But, I have a ham bone ready to make my soup, and today is a new day.

I have to work cottage! DOesn't everyone but the government and banks?
Old 02-15-2010, 05:56 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for the coffee, Cottage. I've been up since five thanks to my doggie alarm clock. Yes, they are back on the early schedule despite staying up until 11 last night watching the Olympics. I love figure skating! Shades of my youth!

The usual stuff on the agenda today. I am having a visit from five puppies today and need to really clean the stove room and kitchen floors. There is no way that five 5-week puppies are getting the run of the house. These are Jazz's half brothers and it will be interesting and fun to see them. "No, Ruthie. You can't keep one."

On with the day. If you have a holiday today, enjoy. The next one is Easter and that's just under seven weeks away.

ETA: 'Morning, Twinn. Sorry you have to work.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Twynn, the weather map is showing this storm is going to concentrate more north and west of us, so that should be you. Enjoy it! We're supposed to get between 1-3".

Ruth, we were up late watching the Olympics, too. I especially enjoy the figure skating and the skiing. I think anyone who can ski through the moguls should get an award. That looks so hard! Are you sure you don't want to adopt another puppy?
Old 02-15-2010, 06:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday!

Cottage, I have to work today, too. It's been a long weekend and I'm ready for my routine and healthy eating again.

Twynn, A ham bone is one of my favorite prizes!

Ruth, Were you a figure skater? I've stood on skates, but couldn't make myself go forward...

Me: Yesterday, the weatherman's forecast said that we were supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow last night and that roads would be treacherous today. But, he was wrong. Life as usual today. Yay for me. Boo for the weatherman. I would really hate his job. Talk about a Hero or a Zero!

There are a few leftovers from the party still hanging out in my fridge. I'm hauling them to the office today. They will eat them up! I'm having steamed brussel sprouts!

Re: those moguls in the Olympics... My knees would fall off of my body! Sheesh!
Old 02-15-2010, 06:38 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

You've been chatting about all the things I love this morning - snow, sledding, puppies and the Olympic ice skating! I stayed up way too late watching, too and I'm really dragging this morning. I guess I'm getting too old for 2 late nights in a row. lol

I don't have to teach school today but my house needs a good cleaning and my laundry has piled up so I can't say I'm not going to "work" today. I'm going to try to get a walk in, too, if it's not too windy. Not enough snow left to snowshoe, and what's here is icy so I can't comfortably walk the logging trails now but there is so much sand/salt on the roads that you get blasted trying to walk in the wind. I'm anxious for spring - or for more snow.

Enjoy your Monday!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:06 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I indulged in some extra sleep this morning and am just getting my first cup of coffee. Driving always exhausts me.
Looks like we are on the 3-6 snow path. I can actually see large patches of lawn now. It hasn't really felt warm but obviously has been warm enough.

Cottage - I am off today because DW has it off. We have 6 set and 6 floating holidays. Have a fun day with the girls and a safe drive home.

Twynn - Enjoy your soup

Ruth - You are full of surprises. That puppy visit sounds like lots of fun and slightly dangerous

Chelby - Wow, sounds like a very successful party with all kinds of entertainment Brussels sprouts are one of my faves. Yum

Heidi- I have the same problem walking here. I'd prefer spring but it looks like more snow for us. I'm about to create my chore list for the day and I know it's going to be long. Lots of playing but not much cleaning so far this weekend Hope you can get out for a little air and sunshine today.

Well it's a weekend catch-up day around here. Lots of vacuuming, cleaning, and cooking to do for the week. I'm sad that it's the last official long weekend until the end of May. Luckily I've got plenty of vacation days left so I'll make my own long weekends when I need them.

Is anyone else using the Wii with more than one person? It is so funny! This morning it asked DW if my posture was improving. She checked the hadn't noticed answer. It lectured her about paying attention to me. Then it told her that it was important to make eye contact with dogs It also tells on her when she doesn't get on it for a few days. I think it likes to make trouble.

Time to get to that list. Have a good Monday whatever your plans
Old 02-15-2010, 07:12 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! I'm off, but so is my son, so we are spending the day together. He wants to go to Chinatown. I'm totally exhausted and really need some sleep! I'm also recommitting to the basics today. Sorry no personals, but I just wanted to check in.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:13 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post

Let's start off this fresh new week with renewed motivation!
Good Idea, Cottage! Actually, I just had a big glass of water so I can move to . We got home at 10 last night, too late to p/u the doggies. Everything just got dumped on the floor so I guess I'll try to get picked up and start anew. We had a great trip and met some really wonderful people.

I'm ready to get back into my routine!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:16 AM   #10  
Be happy.

Hey - welcome back Debbie!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:40 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Thanks, Heidi. About 6 hours into our drive home yesterday, I was again recognizing I'm quite a homebody, but I'm glad we said we'd go.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:40 AM   #12  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!!
Quite a storm here last night. So far, the morning looks ok, but there are HUGE puddles everywhere. What a wet winter.
Not sure what our plans are for today....will play it by ear. Maybe to N.O. for Lundi Gras, or maybe the movies or maybe a quick road trip.

Heidi, on the wii...last night Terry (husband) and I decided to bowl and we each won a game...then he said "let's try golf". I know nothing about golf at all. I skunked him every game...we played 2 3 hole games and 2 nine hole games.. I decided I LIKE golf! I am so sore this morning though..who'da thunk it?

It's fun being here with you on a Monday morning.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:48 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning all! No personals (yet)... teens sleeping in basement again so I am using DH's new laptop and am finding it hard and annoying to keyboard and mouse.

Since we have a bunch of boys over, DH will stay home while I cycle and yoga. The gym will be extra busy because of the holiday. Speaking of... we have less than 4 weeks until our boys' spring breaks from school.

Catch you all later.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:36 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks. I am off today. I'll clean house, do laundry, do some cooking for the week, and DS wants me to run him to the mall later on. I've got lots of paperwork and loose ends to tie up in the office too. I'm happy to see we are only forecast for 1 - 3 inches of snow also. I kept hearing 5 - 10 inches from people over the weekend. If it's truly closer to 1, then there's a chance my kids might get back to school tomorrow. Today is day 10 off school, and even they are starting to think that's just too much. If I'd known, I definitely would have gotten out of here and taken a vacation.

The kids are the only valentines I've got around right now, so I took them to see Avatar yesterday, and made them lasagna and cake for dinner. I loved Avatar! No word from DH, but I think he's in the middle of changing ships. I have no idea where he's headed. I also spent some time hanging pictures yesterday. I had a big pile of school pictures and portraits of the kids that I'd never gotten around to hanging. It was very satisfying to come down the stairs this morning and see them all up!

Ruth, you were a skater? It looks so hard. I can hardly walk let alone on ice.
Cyndi, hope you had a fun trip to the shore!
Chelby, how did the party go? Was everyone able to make it?
cottage, sorry you have to work today.
Debbie, glad you had a fun trip. Any pix?
Have fun and enjoy your day off, Cat, whatever you do.
Heidi, hope you will get your snow! As long as it stays away from us...
Have a great day, Karen.
Have a fun day with DS, Mmc.
Twynn, I hope you get your snow too, as long as it stays N and W of me! I REALLY need my kids to go back to school.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 02-15-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:57 AM   #15  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post
Heidi, on the wii...last night Terry (husband) and I decided to bowl and we each won a game...then he said "let's try golf". I know nothing about golf at all. I skunked him every game...we played 2 3 hole games and 2 nine hole games.. I decided I LIKE golf! I am so sore this morning though..who'da thunk it?
lol
So far my DH hasn't really wanted to try much, but he sits around and gives me suggestions on what to try next.... I'm headed to MA to see my parents for a few days this week and as silly as it seems I'm bringing the wii with me. I think my mom would have fun with some of the balance games and things. Neither one of us has ever played golf in real life, but maybe we'll try some virtual golf.

Schmoodle - good for you getting the pictures up. My mom has always been great about displaying photos. As a kid I loved seeing my photo all over her house - as I teen I hated it. lol But my sisters and our husbands and kids all feel pretty nice when we go into her house and see so many photos of us on display. Makes you feel really loved.
Closed Thread