General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-13-2010, 02:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 324/283/260

Height: 5'7''

Unhappy Having a hard time with the whole vday thing...

I dont usually get depressed and lonely around Valentine's Day but I've been really having a hard time today. Thank goodness I work tomorrow. I hope I dont have to watch too many of my coworkers get roses sent to them at work, though
katkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I was totally feeling tha V-day blues yesterday. It snowed here in Georgia and everyone was posting pictures on facebook of them frolicking in the snow with their significant others. Ugh. I really try not to let it bother me, it's just a stupid holiday. But as the days close in, it always freaking gets to me. It's worse this year because I don't have any single friends, not one!
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:43 PM   #3  

i know! all my friends are either in relationships or really busy.

but it seems like a lot of my friends who are in long term relationships dont even have major plans anyways. It would just be nice to have someone to cuddle and kiss is all =0)

I had a couple of cute things happen tonight that cheered me up:
1) this guy i used to date but am not interested in (he's strange because he has asperger's syndrome) asked me to be his valentine =0)
I told him I didnt really feel up to being anybody's valentine right now which was sort of a lie because there is one guy....the guy im trying to get over...
But still, it was a nice gesture in response to me saying im lonely on my facebook status.

2)ive been chatting with a guy on okcupid and I finally showed him a full body shot of myself today. I told him I was planning to lose 100 pounds or so. He handled it well and said something like "personally, I like you physically just the way you are" but then was also supportive of me losing the weight by saying "so when do you expect to reach your goal weight?". I like that because I dont want to feel i have to be a certain size in order to keep a man. I want to choose my size because that's the size I want to be not the size HE wants me to be.

so, hey, i had my valentine moments after all this year!
Old 02-13-2010, 10:02 PM   #4  
Princess in gym training

S/C/G: 228/190/130

Height: 5'9"

Ah yes, Singles Awareness Day, aka S.A.D.

Every single one of my Valentine's Days have been solo. Sure, sometimes I wish I had someone to dote upon but for the most part I am happy by myself.
BellaDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

This is the first year I am content being single(i have always been single on valentines day...who am i kidding. I have always been single everyday!). I am happy I can fully concentrate on myself and not have to worry about anybody else. I am happy I am not being cheated on or lied to. These days relationships are nothing like they used to be and I am not sure its anything I want to be a part of.
DisgruntledOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:21 PM   #6  

Yeah, I am actually going through a stage where I almost WANT to be single (unless that aforementioned guy had a change of heart but that's not gonna happen lol)
My life really IS less complicated and I'm more in control this way. And I'm such a loner that a relationship would probly just annoy me a lot of the time.

It's just this weekend that I'm suddenly wishing I had a part time relationship or something that I can pull out and dust off whenever it's convenient lol

I dont know how I feel about this okcupid guy. I'm not really attracted to him but he is so attentive and makes me feel like he thinks I'm a goddess or something and it's starting to make me attracted to him if that makes any sense. I don't know where this is leading but I guess I'll just go with the flow for now.

Last edited by katkitten; 02-13-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:23 PM   #7  

I've always been single on vday as well. oh well.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:34 PM   #8  

Well one of the reasons I think relationships are so different than in the past is people meet, hook up, and boom relationship. There is no getting to know that person on more than a superficial level. Soooooo maybe okcupid guy and you are doing what should be the norm these days but sadly isn't.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:40 PM   #9  

i think that has been one of my problems with getting into relationships. I'm so conservative about sex. And most couples I know nowadays seem to have started as flings or one night stands...something I just wont do...
Old 02-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #10  

I don't know if I could say I'm conserative but......someone has to prove they are worthy of my body before they get it!!!! Period end of discussion. So all these females that give it up willy nilly can have the diseases that are out there. I will pass think you very much. LOL
Plus think about it like this. The more people one is with, the more used they are. Every time something is used the value goes down. So in the long run any man who gets the opportunity to enter our lives is a VERY VERY lucky man.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by katkitten View Post
I dont usually get depressed and lonely around Valentine's Day but I've been really having a hard time today. Thank goodness I work tomorrow. I hope I dont have to watch too many of my coworkers get roses sent to them at work, though
You're not alone in feeling like this. I have NEVER had a boyfriend let alone have one on Val Day.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:16 PM   #12  

Height: 5'5"

you know what??? Valentine's Day is a STOOOPID holiday created by the greeting card companies! (i don't know if that's true, but it's what i choose to believe) I have a boyfriend who is a really good guy, and we could CARE LESS about V-Day...it's like any other day. you don't need to have a designated day to show people around you that you love them or care about them...if that's the case, than it should be Valentine's Day EVERYDAY!! V-Day is completely overrated and i see a lot of guys out there just going thru the motions.
shoeluver67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:58 PM   #13  

Height: 5'11"

I'm feeling a little blue about Valentine's Day, too. I saw a friend's post on Facebook and yes, she had a picture of the roses that her husband sent her but she also had homemade cupcakes (decorated with hearts) from her daughter, and that's what kind of choked me up.

I've been without a Valentine for many, many years. Most of the time it doesn't bother me, but this year for some reason, I feel a little blue about it. I bought myself a nice little dark chocolate Dove bar so I did have some Valentine candy, but it would be nice to have someone to snuggle with.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:17 PM   #14  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Me, too. This was one of those Sundays that I had to white-knuckle through, mostly with housework. And tell myself the day would eventually end. Usually, I'd call a friend, but when I went down the list of friends I'd want to call, I was sure they'd all be busy with their husbands or their boyfriends or their partners, and I did not want to intrude with my blues & my emotional neediness on a day when they'd have dinner plans, or want to cuddle over the morning paper or open their gifts of sexy lingerie & perfume, or have sex all afternoon using all the products advertised on Oxygen Channel or what-have-you.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #15  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I'm not single, but I HATE Valentine's Day. I hate everything about it. The stores just seem to vomit red & pink. But, my hubby's birthday is Feb. 14, and he feels special, lol. He just doesn't like get any Vday related birthday presents. He turned 26 today..and he bought himself some airsoft guns. And we shot them together. Can't get any more romantic than that, lol!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote