Old 02-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Do you give yourself rewards?

Do you give yourself rewards when you reach a goal?

In the past I have always rewarded myself with food but since I have started over and commited to making this the last time I lose this weight I have decided to change my rewards.

For every 10 lbs I will spend $50 dollars on myself. I can buy anything I want.
For every mini goal I reach ( 1st one is to get under 200) I will buy new underwear and a couple of outfits.

What are your rewards?
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #2  
is determined!

S/C/G: 208/194.5/130

I think non-food rewards along the way are a really good thing. Sometimes we can lose 10 lbs and not feel good about that loss because there's still more to lose. A gesture of good faith whether it costs a dime or $1000 is a good way to remind ourselves that we DO deserve kudos for the work done.

I have my mini-goals set at 10 lb increments to start (the pounds generally come off faster in the beginning) and then reduce to five pound increments later on (when it gets harder and it's easier to get frustrated). My first is to get under 200 lbs and I weighed in at 201 this morning so it's getting close. I'm planning to treat myself to a new CD of some good music for bellydancing. When I get under 190 it's a lip liner to go with my favorite red lipstick. Under 180 is a henna tattoo since I'm hoping that milestone will coincide with spring and a time when my hands and feet make their re-entrance to the public after a long winter . Under 170 is a new pair of running shoes since by that time I should NEED them anyway. And when I hit 165 (20lbs from my goal) I'm giving myself a few sessions with a personal trainer and a membership to a gym with spin classes. Under 160 will be a new concealer and foundation I've been eyeing but have been too cheap to buy when I feel unattractive anyway. 154 (which will officially put me at a normal BMI!) will be cute new bras and underwear. Under 150 will be a sexy pair of PJs for both me and the husband to enjoy and for my final goal of 145 I will get my belly button re-pierced and spring for the tattoo I've been wanting.
evoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:15 PM   #3  

I do have rewards for reaching mini goals. So far I have only decided on three of the rewards, but I have multiple mini goal stages.
-37lbs--wii fit
-68lbs--shopping for new clothes (those in my closet will fit till then)
-100lbs--a trip on a plane (I love to travel)
I will need to set new goals from here, but I know I wil achieve these and am looking forward to enjoying success.

(I am only 2lbs from my first goal!!!)
want2run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:01 PM   #4  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

I got myself a pandora charm bracelet. I get a inexpensive charm for 5 pounds lost. Each 10 pounds I get a mid level charm. For 20 pounds I but myself a really nice charm. It's a very fun motivation and all I have to do is look at my wrist and see how far i've come
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/170/130

Height: 5'2"

No, because I don't really feel like I deserve a reward when I lose weight. I only feel this way about me and my own weightloss, this opinion doesn't carry over if it involves anyone else. Just wanted to make that clear that it's not some all sweeping opinion about everyone's goals!

It's difficult to explain, but nope I don't have any goal rewards. I just can't bring myself to set any because I truly do not feel I deserve it. I shouldn't have got overweight in the first place, even though I know it's medical related and not just laziness that got me here, that doesn't change things in my head.

I'm a party pooper I think hehe
meowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:49 AM   #6  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

I reward myself, but I never set my rewards up. I know what I want from my goals, but my rewards come and go because I change my mind so often.

A few weeks ago, I really wanted a massage when I hit 80kg. I don't want that anymore. I want something else; not sure what, but something else. Maybe I'd like to spend a day writing my novel while DH becomes my slave for the day. Maybe I want to just scream "WOOHOO!" while running up and down the road. ****, next week I might want a pair of Draggin jeans for the motorcycle instead of wearing my good ones. I'm fickle when it comes to rewards.

But it is nice to be rewarded for the hard work I've achieved. I have a feeling that Best Mates and I will go shopping when I finish losing all this weight.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 176/ticker/145

Height: 5' 2"

When I reach 158 (which is 10% of my overall bw from when I started) I plan to buy myself some new jeans to make my butt look good. My old ones are starting to look a bit saggy!
kpme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

I reward myself every 5lbs now that I'm in the final 20lbs of my weightloss journey and it's getting difficult. My rewards are not scheduled, like Mollz I change my mind often. I do have one set up though, when I hit below 170lbs I'm going to get this pendant for myself http://www.amazon.com/Sterling-Silve...952749&sr=1-16. Sometimes, I'll get an exercise dvd or piece of equipment or just buy those as a motivational tool. I ordered yesterday http://www.amazon.com/Biggest-Winner...6156338&sr=8-6 I do need a step though so as soon as I do my taxes and get my $$ I'll get a cheap one from Target or WalMart.

I like to keep a list though of things I want, not necessarily need. Depending on what I feel like I usually choose my rewards from that.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:34 AM   #9  

Love that necklace and love those dvds! Let me know how you like them.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 155/142.6/132

I recently discovered an uber posh mall not too far from me. I have decided I need to go back there and shop for some cute spring/summer dresses when I hit goal so I can look good for all upcoming wedding related stuff! In the mean time, I'm trying to save up by avoiding eating out and walking instead of taking the subway whenever I can. I need to get away from the food rewards, everytime I go to Dunkin Donuts for some coffee, I am so tempted to add some munchkins to my order.

Last edited by orthodiva; 02-14-2010 at 01:46 PM.
orthodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodiva View Post
everytime I go to Dunkin Donuts for some coffee, I am so tempted to add some munchkins to my order.
I hear ya about the munchkins! A trick that never fails to work for me, is to picture those munchkins slathered in Crisco! Suddenly they are not so tempting.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/185/120

Height: 5'3

I think the pandora bracelet idea is great! I have been wanting one and that is a great way do it.
HomeHealthRN29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I buy jeans!!!!!! Really expensive ones that make me feel sexy.

Last edited by rileyozzy; 02-18-2010 at 11:20 AM.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:30 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 211/211/115

Height: 5'4"

At first I thought I would reward myself. I've only lost a little weight since starting. I've decided I like buying things for me though. I've spent a lot of time caring for other people and putting myself at very last (or not considering me at all). So ... As part of my new lifestyle, I'm getting new little things that make me happy. Last week, a much needed wallet. This week, a new gown to sleep in. Friday used to = eat out/junk day. Now it equals something nice for me day. I don't spend much.. less than $20. Next week, I'm buying nail polish in a funky new color.
ohmai is offline   Reply With Quote