South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/170/128

Height: 5'5

Default Workout Suggestions

Hey chickies,

I have trouble working in workouts throughout the day. It's not necessarily that I don't have time, but its just that its like "oh, before I go to this next class, I'll have to take a shower if I work out" or "sorority meeting is tonight, I can't look dirty". I know, I know... EXCUSES! EXCUSES! lol

But anyway, are there any suggestions for a quick workout that doesn't make me disgusting, yet also works it! lol

Thanks girls
katybug12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm a great one for finding all kinds of excuses for not working out, so I can relate.

Walking is a great exercise that doesn't make you all sweaty. If you can't go outside, the Leslie Sansone Walking Away the Pounds videos are fun to do, and she has a 15 minute one, on up to an hour or so.
Yoga is another suggestion.
I recently got a wii and the wii fit plus and I love it. I actually look forward to exercising every day now.

I hope this helps!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

walking, lifting my 10 pound hand weights and doing sit ups.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL....I finally decided to get up an hour early and get on the treadmill. It was a bit painful at first (and still occasionally), but never regretted by the end of the hour (I'd read computer and have coffee the first 20 min or so...to wake up!).

Hope you have better luck than I do at fitting it in during the day!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:21 AM   #5  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

I agree with walking, I make all kind of excuses why I can't workout on lunch bc I deal with clients all day long... and as long as I eat within 20 min I should have 30 minutes to walk around a lovely atrium and there shouldn't be excuses... but I have them. I feel for myself, i prefer a more intense workout- (here I am going to tell you the advice I won't take myself-) anything is better than nothing. but I feel unless I am sweating my arse off I am not getting as much- then I end up doing nothing because by the end of the day I am exhausted and have wasted my lunch hour...

OK, you have inspired me...at least 20 min walk tomorrow!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:03 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I have the luxury of living near a great pool, outdoors and open year round. I do water aerobics classes almost every day...when I'm here, but I do a bit of travelling and my second location isn't so exercise friendly.

My goal is to have a short exercise session at home every single day. I lift small weights, jump around a bit and am learning short yoga routines. By themselves they wouldn't be enough, but what I do find is that by doing something every day I raise my awareness.

I totally agree with the others, that brief walks are probably the easiest thing to do to get moving. For me, I choose to do that on my bike...I ride to the store etc, instead of driving.

Anything you can do to move more will help-even if it's just in short spurts I think doing it daily can really help.

ETA-I have really found that I have to do something early-the later it gets, the less motivated I am. If I had to go to the gym in the evening, I would never ever get there. Knowing that I start early.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-11-2010 at 05:08 AM. Reason: ETA
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:29 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

For what it's worth I don't shower after working out at the gym at lunch. I have a bottle of witch hazel in my gym bag and give myself a rub down on my neck, face and shoulders, under boobs etc. if it's really bad. Otherwise I just trust that my deodorant is still working! My office mate (we share a 10' x 10' office) has never commented - and she would if it was an issue, believe me - so I don't worry about it.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:44 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I get up at 5:00 every morning to get my workout in. If I didn't do it then, I wouldn't get it done. Everyone else in the house is still sleeping, so I don't have to worry about tending to the kids or making sure people are getting where they're supposed to be going. It's my special time, and is so worth the early blast of the alarm.
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

That's why I hit the gym at 5 every morning...I get all sweaty and icky, hit the steam room and just play spa for an hour after my workout and by the time I get to work at 7, I'm rosy, full of endorphins and ready to take whatever they throw at me.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 175/166/145

Height: 5'7''

I find that if I wake up early and workout then I get it done with and over -- plus, I can't make up too many excuses not to work out.

It's hard because I'm not a morning person, but the best part of my day is after a workout when I know that I've done something good for myself and can enjoy the rest of the day.
texaslove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 211/211/115

Height: 5'4"

For those of you exercising at 5am and the like.. do you eat before you exercise? I don't currently do any sort of exercise. (When the weather warms up, I'll walk for sure... I like doing that, but right now it's just too cold. I'm cold natured and not tolerating our strange winter well at all - it's just painfully chilly!) I noticed a while back (when I didn't care) that onDemand has exercise programs so I am thinking about trying this before the family gets up in the mornings.
ohmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:28 AM   #12  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I don't eat breakfast before I work out. I eat when I get to work. I can't exercise on a full tummy and I'm one that can't eat when I first get up.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote