Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 09:26 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Tgif!

Hello, everyone! Yes, I am here! This last week has been atrocious (and I say that with no exaggeration whatsoever) for eating. It's the week before TOM and I've just been an unstoppable garbage disposal.

Aside from the eating, my week has been pretty uneventful. I went shopping on Tuesday and spent $150, then went again last night and spent another $120. I just went to Shopko (not sure if you guys have those in your areas), but they carry less expensive clothes. I don't want to go spend a bunch of money on namebrands if I'm only going to be able to wear them for a short period of time. I've decided to have a garage sale when I reach goal--I'll be able to get rid of all my clothes, and with the money I make, I can go buy new ones. Whohoo!

The grouting is finally done. It was only supposed to be a weekend project, but it turned into an entire week's project. I should be able to take a real shower probably tomorrow. Yippee!

So, that's what's going on here. You guys are all so sweet to be concerned about me. I was just having such a crappy week that I didn't even feel like thinking about WW and was afraid that my bad-ness would rub off on you and I didn't want to be responsible for that.

I'll be back later, I need to respond to everyone, but I better get a little work done.

See you soon!

Last edited by JessIsOK; 08-23-2002 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-23-2002, 10:12 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Default MIA...

Story of my life. I checked out the posts from yesterday.

Saffista - woo hoo on your loss this week, that is amazing! Well done.

I WI this week too - exactly the frickin' same. Can somebody throw me a bone here?? UGH.

Oh well, its weird b/c it seems that whenever I am just maintaining, people comment on my weight. the past week I have heard all sorts of comments, yet the scale says no change...maybe all the walking to work is paying off..who knows.

ONe week more of work - work is ****. PLus, I am in a wedding next week and I leave for Thailand next Sunday. Today is mine and b/f's "belated" anniversary. No ring for me - we had the "not quite ready for marraige yet" talk the other day. It wasn't bad though, it was very positive. He just said he is happy and loves me but isn't quite ready for that yet. However, he said he watched Oprah the other day and they were talking about babies and how my clock is ticking. OK buddy...whatever.....

Kier - are you going to school in the US?

Jess - I am wiht you on cheap clothes. I am pretty small on top - a Large or XL at the most, but on the bottom, that changes teh most. I buy cheap Costco jeans and on-sale pants only. Skirts I am not so picky as they can easily be taken in and look good.

Well, must go - I am going to try to vary my points this week, as I recall Kirsty saying that tactic works well....?? Ah, plateaus....my last one was at 34lbs down.....and now again. Just shoot me....

Hey, has anyone heard from Kim lately??

Have a good day girls!

Belle
Old 08-23-2002, 10:22 AM   #3  

Hi everyone! I am here-off from work today...I just pulled out of my driveway and had a flat tire!!! DH is going to come home and help me change it-he wants me to know how...I said I could just call AAA-that's what I have the service for-but he guilted me into learning how to change it!

So i am missing my WW mtg again-I think I will change meetings anyow as this leader isn';t working for me...so for the next few weeks I will WI on Friday and post my weight form home-this AM the scale was down 1-I'll take it!

went shopping at the outlets yesterday and bought a great evening gown at Ann Taylor-originally $179-I got it for $39, then got home and saw a huge dirt stain on the bottom of it-I called the store and they said I could get a price adjustment and have the dress for $10!!! So i am going to see if the cleaners can get the stain out-if they can-a dress for $10-not bad...any ideas on getting stains out of satiny ball gown skirts???

Well, i am off-I am sending my CV to a recruiter-gulp! of course i just found out today that the state has opened up the loan repayment program! So what will probably happen is that I'll have to choose between a great job in a different location, and staying where I am....if loan repayment had come out sooner, I wouldn't have even been looking for a job! Grr...oh well-nothing has happened yet-I won't count my chickens...

Hello to everyone!

Just trying the new smilies!!!
Old 08-23-2002, 10:42 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning All..

Saffista - congrats on the loss. Pat yourself on the back.

Jess - glad you're back! We all have bad food weeks...or months! Chin-up. And I know about ShopKo - they had them where I grew-up. For those in the U.S. - similiar to Target.

Lori - sorry about the flat - I've had 2 this month and was ever so glad that I knew how to change a tire. Kudos to your hubby for being willing to teach you how - it could be handy some day.

Belle - I know that maintaining is disappointing, but I'm willing to bet the reason that everyone is commenting is because all the walking is toning your shape and you look killer even if the scale isn't moving.

Anyone have the cure for insomnia? I really haven't been sleeping well. I've only been averaging about 3.5 hrs per night. I'm so tired of being tired!

Am going to a very ritzy wedding as a friend's date on Saturday. I've never been to the place where they're holding the reception but my girlfriends assure me that it is FANCY! I bought a little black dress (my lifelong dream!) but I'm concerned that it isn't dressy enough. Oh well. I suppose that if I'm neat and clean and well mannered no one can take umbrance.

Hi Kier, Kirsty, Lisa, JenK, JenL, Jayne, Tonya, Deb, Lucy and anyone else I may have missed.

Laura
Old 08-23-2002, 11:57 AM   #5  
Water Freak

Hi everyone. Ran down the mountain again this morning. And there is nothing doing with the guy. I'm just out to run that damn hill now. And of course I am now super sore. A few of us are going hiking this afternoon- ouch! It's a pretty short loop though, so I'm sure I'll be fine.

Jess- Garage sale to get clothes money is an excellent idea. My mom took a lot of mine, and I gave the even bigger ones to Goodwill. But maybe I will sell this last batch when I ungrow them.

Belle- At least you weren't up at WI. And, if you keep working at it, I bet some week you will just see a HUGE loss.

Lori- Your husbadn sounds like my dad. I have AAA, but I still ought to know how to do stuff with the car. The one time I tried changing a tire was a complete disaster though. But I do know what most of the stuff under the hood is.

Laura- I am sure you'll be wowing everyone in your sexy little black dress. Have fun at the ritzy reception.

Cat
Old 08-23-2002, 01:28 PM   #6  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hey Ladies! I have not been around in months but I wanted to say HI!! The wedding planning is going quite well and my dress came in yesterday! It fits well although I still want to lose weight ofcourse. I am definitely not progressing in my weight loss but I am determined to press on. I admire all of you who are consistant with WWers I just have never done it yet. I hope to start and be consistant. Oh well I will check in later. There are a lot of new faces, uh I guess names. Hi to all old and new
Old 08-23-2002, 01:31 PM   #7  
KS pride-Seminole country

Default IT's friday!

Hi gals!
Okay, so I haven't been on lately.. but I'm here today. With no work, no school yet.. and I"m still in my pajamas! And it's 1:30... hehe.

So I went out with from friends last night and saw people I haven't seen in forever.. and everyone's skinny! One of my friends lost 40 pounds on WW. So, that inspired me, but also I'm jealous. This process is sooo slow, I'm getting impatient.

Well girls, I have to get my butt off the chair and get to teh bank. But hello to all!!

Lucy
Old 08-23-2002, 02:26 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone. Thanks again for everyone's encouragement. BF and I are talking nicely now and he's agreed to counselling. I look at a place tonight to move into while we work on things. He seems incredibly sincere about making it work and not being an A**h*** any more and blah, blah, blah. I have heard some of it before so I'm not willing to fall for it without outside intervention (hence the counselling).

So on to great news...I got a JOB! Not the one I'm in, I actually got a better paying job in Financial Aid - about $120 more a month. I start next week and I'm not sure what internet access will be like. We'll see.

Gotta fly
KT
Old 08-23-2002, 04:17 PM   #9  
Bono Fanatic!

Can you believe it is Friday afternoon, and I just now have been able to get in the site at work? I have been getting the old site all week and couldn't get in until just now. ugh!

This will be quick because I have work to finish and then am off to class... a fun-filled weekend of class tomorrow morning, babysitting tomorrow evening and studying the rest of the time. I guess I had better get used to my new life!

Laura - Try melatonin - it regulates your sleep patterns. I was a terrible sleeper (awake half the night all the time) - Stress really affects my sleeping big time. My doctor prescribed low dose sleeping pills, and I still had to drag my groggy butt out of bed in the morning. But now, I take melatonin every night about 30 min. before I go to sleep and it works wonders.

Becky - So good to see you! How exciting that your dress came in! When is the wedding again?

KT - Congrats on the job! I wish you the best with your BF situation. It sounds like you are really keeping your head thru all of this.

Hi to everyone else! Sorry about the short reply.
Closed Thread