South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 03:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Wanton Wednesday!

My sister won't be going to school till Monday. I was supposed to meet up with Shirley (friend) tommorrow but because of the snow, it ain't happening. I love SB, it won't be long till my collar bones come back, lol. Welcome to our daily chat chickies and roosters!

Last edited by BellaLucia; 02-11-2010 at 01:49 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:12 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Okie, I literally laughed out loud about your collarbones. I hope they return soon! It made me think of the Dr. Seuss book _Horton Hatches the Egg_ where Maizy the Lazy Bird goes on a vacation and leaves Horton to watch her egg and then she ends up having such a good time that she doesn't want to come back.

I am having a terrific start to my day! I got to move my ticker down a pound this morning!!! It's far from a whoosh, but the last time I updated my ticker was on the 3rd of January, so it's been a long time in coming. AND the only reason I lost weight that day was because my period was over, so really this is the first real pound I've lost since December. How's that for a plateau?! Hopefully it won't be another two months before the next one comes off!

I am tackling the closet today. We have this very small room on the second floor that Tom made into a closet, with some shelves and hanging bars. My clothes and the girls' dresses and sweatshirts are in there and it is a disaster. It is my decluttering mission of the day and it is a big one! If I don't check in again today, send out the search party because I may have gotten lost! The whole room may measure five feet square, but I sure have packed it with a lot of junk so I have my work cut out for me.

Kadyn and Avery are off to school after doing their phonics lessons and grammar and violin for Kadyn. Connor left earlier this morning for school. It was snowing when he left but it's stopped now and it's bright and sunny out! We have martial arts for the girls this evening, so I have butternut squash soup in the crock pot to have for lunch today. It sure smells great!

Hope your Wednesday is looking up!
Old 02-10-2010, 05:50 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Early Chicks Cold but not too snowy here. I'm debating just staying home vs. going to the office for the morning and coming home at noon.

Okia - I love my collar bones! I was so excited when I noticed them popping out. Don't think I'd seen them my entire adult life. If you've always been overweight you are in for all kinds of surprises - tiny wrists, slim fingers, hip bones. I spent my whole life thinking I had "big bones". You can tell I still am a bit jazzed by it all

Kara - You have definitely motivating me to start culling some of our mess. Not sure I can get DW on board but I'm going to set a good example.
Butternut squash soup sure sounds good. I may have to make some soon.

Debbie - Speaking of butternut (Originally mistyped as butterbutt which is entertaining if you are a birder but probably not so much if you are a normal person ), have you tried drying any? It's on my to try list this year. I know dehydrating is a long way off but I'm really getting a feel for doing it well and am planning ahead already

Oops, cats say it's time to feed them not play on the internet. Happy Wednesday!
Old 02-10-2010, 05:57 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Cyndi, I am not a birder but I got a huge kick out of "butterbutt"! Congrats on your NSV from yesterday!!! I hope you can get some relief from the back spasms soon. Tom once was having issues (he has two herniated disks in his back) and he had to go to the ER because he got stuck bent over and they gave him some crazy drugs. When he got back, we went down the street to some friends' and watched "Moulin Rouge". Right in the middle of the movie, he said, "Does anyone else see that green fairy?"
Old 02-10-2010, 06:15 AM   #5  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

Kara, congratulations on moving that ticker!

Okie, sorry you can't meet up with your friend today - but hooray for collarbones on the way!

Cyndi, I'm feeling like a butterbutt this morning after nibbling cookie dough the past couple of days. Thankfully all that garbage is out of the house now. Take it easy today whichever work option you go with.

It's Wednesday, my rush from breakfast til bedtime day. The good news is I'm always too busy to overeat on Wednesdays. lol Have a great Wednesday friends!
Old 02-10-2010, 06:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chickies!

Okie - yay for collarbones! We're so glad that SBD is working for you, and glad you chat with us!

Kara - STOP. You are making me look bad. .

Cyndi - stay at home. Was there really a debate?

Heidi and all to follow - have a great wednesday!

me - it's a winter wonderland out there....beautiful! It's falling down pretty hard, I'm not sure what the forecast is yet. I know the DS school is cancelled (duh), and DD daycare has a delay. DS might go with DD!!

The vegetarian chili I thought tasted pretty good. Honestly, why put tofu in it? (since I eat meat otherwise) The bad part is, my DH (Dear, dear, dear) sat down and said, "what is that white stuff?". I confessed. He said, with a look on his face, "I think I lost my appetite". RUDE. He dated a vegetarian before me and hated tofu b/c she made it all the time. (hmmm...eat it for the girlfriend, not for the wife...) He still doesn't realize he as rude, but apologized anyway. Oh well, no more tofu, eh? I'll just stick with the beans!!

I have to go to work b/c the client was SOOOO nice to drop off last night, so I still have surgeries today. Great. I'm riding in the 4WD with theDH!!

Have a beautiful day!
Old 02-10-2010, 06:27 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Okie, I, too, love my collarbones. They showed up awhile ago, and more recently my kneecaps! The simple joys of losing fat cells. I hope you have a great OP day-sorry you couldn't meet up with Shirley.

Hi Kara, I can't believe you still have stuff to go through. I'm glad the scale liked you today.

Hi Cyndi, I haven't tried drying butterbutt or sweet potatoes...but I don't see why not. I'd just love to have a batch of either one for last minute soup decisions.

Hi Heidi, hope your busy Wednesday is smooth sailing!

Me, reality struck that we have to show up at our friends tomorrow at 4 with a large kennel, two clean dogs and dinner for 4....then return home to pack which includes non perishable lunches and snacks for 3 days, and conservative but warm clothing, remembering that we're travelling with 4 others. I've accepted this trip will not be entirely beachy. We're invited into a home on the reservation for dinner the first night we arrive and I don't think salad tops the list...
So I think I'll spend the morning going through the mail and making a list. We're going to skip the pool and head to Costco (30 m) since Kirk needs to refill a prescription. This is round two of the depressing trip last year that finally motivated me to start SBD AND stick with it. Last years trip was in May, and I didn't have any clothes that fit after gaining 20 over the winter. I'm so happy I've stayed OP these 9 1/2 months and feel comfortable in my own skin, thanks in great part to you all.

OK, I'm headed to the mail pile. See you shortly...

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-10-2010, 06:30 AM   #8  

You're amazing, Lexiss. You are such an inspiration to all.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:31 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Twynn - Did you add other seasoning? I was thinking about a little cumin and maybe some oregano to make it more chili-like. Did the tofu add anything to it? Might skip that and just have a veggie burger on the side instead.

Kara - ROFL I hate those drugs

Debbie - congratulations on the last 9.5 months Hey, do the best you can with the surrounding meals and avoid the stuff that will trigger cravings and you will be okay. Enjoy the company of friends

Just so you all know, this is a butterbutt
Old 02-10-2010, 06:34 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

at Wanton Wednesday! I'm not sure how wanton I can be today but I'll do my best. Okie, my collarbones are still MIA. I hope yours come back soon.

Kara, would you like to come here for a while when you are done? I still have Christmas clutter in the hall upstairs but did take down the side porch garlands yesterday.

Cyndi, I'd vote for staying home if I were you. By the way, my dehydrator floated apart in the flood but I rescued it. I took apart the fan and heat part, dried it out and it still works fine! I'll test it with carrots before I load it with summer fruit.

Heidi, I'm glad the cookie dough is gone. I need to ditch those darn Rosemary and Olive Oil Triscuits.

It's off to the gym for me this morning and then some more work on my quilt. I may find and read the manual to see if I can get my camera back in working order. I probably should shop-vac the basement now that it's finally dried out. Does that count as spring cleaning?

Do something wanton today! Maybe dance naked on the street?

at Debbie and Twinn who tiptoed in. Have a great day.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:41 AM   #11  

Cyndi - there was cumin and oregano in it...I really enjoyed the flavor. For not being with her for ... 9 years now, he can sure hold the resentment! I'll probably drop the tofu and add other veggies or something, the flavor was good.

Ruth - cleaning the basement is beyond spring cleaning!

Off to the treadmill!
Old 02-10-2010, 06:48 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Twynn, after 15 yrs of marriage, I had made a nice chili supper and Kirk said I really hate chili-geez could ya have told me that 14 years ago? I think it's the only thing he ever said he didn't like. Be careful in the snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
You're amazing, Lexiss. You are such an inspiration to all.
Well thanks Twynn and Cyndi, too. If it's inspiration it was born of desperation....I was just so sad that after losing so much weight I was packing it all back on. There comes the point when the weekend party just isn't worth going off plan for, but instead finding a way to work it into the plan. I will work this weekend out by packing the best I can and being as careful as possible when eating out. There is one restaurant in 50 miles and no grocery or refrigeration.

Hi Ruth, I hope your day is stress free. I'm glad the dehydrator still works. BTW have you ever dried butterbutt squash or sweet potatoes?

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-10-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:53 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

To all the Spring Challenge chickies, would it be ok if I made myself accountable by "posting" to a notecard and then posting online when I get back.(no wireless) It's important to me. I can't brush Rudi, either, but he's been getting some extra lately to make up for it.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-10-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:54 AM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Okie, I remember when hip bones showed up many years ago. They are actually uncomfortable to sleep on!

Kara, Your schedule makes me feel guilty, too.... but not guilty enough to get up and do something.

Cyndi, Stay home!

Heidi, Happy Racing Wednesday!

Debbie, Have fun on your trip!

Ruth, I'll dance in the street with you, but if it's going to be naked, we both need to head south ---- WAY south!

Me, It's going to be a casual Wednesday today. (Did you see the Super Bowl commercial where everyone is in the office in their underwear? ) I'll probably wear jeans. My boss and a coworker are lobbying the Capitol in Montgomery. I'd hate doing that!

We're having a cold start today. 22* outside! Brrr!!! We 'might' get some snow on Friday. It doesn't take much snow for us to stay home. Yay!

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!
Old 02-10-2010, 07:08 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Our snowstorm is now being called a blizzard, and they're saying it's going to get worse as the day unfolds. Everything is closed around here, and it doesn't look like we'll be anywhere for quite a while. At least I know my parents and kids are all safe and snug in their homes. I've had my shower and washed my hair, but I put my snuggly pajamas back on and am quite content to spend a cozy day being snowed in. I do hope and pray that this is our last snow of the season, though.

I've taken my time posting here, and now there are too many posts for personals, but congratulations to everyone discovering lost body parts, and I hope Debbie has a safe trip to Arizona. Cyndi, I'm sorry this storm decided to include you in it, but it isn't my fault! Be careful out there, Twynn and Schmoodle!
Closed Thread