South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-09-2010, 11:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Default Help...Need Ideas

I am looking for suggestions....

I go to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8am - 315pm. The only time I have is about 15 minutes between classes. I want to do SB but need ideas what I can do for lunch. I can bring a lunch bag and put it in my backpack and I had been doing cheese, hard boiled eggs, ham, and some nuts but it is not enough during the day I am starving by the end of my school day! Please help!!! Any suggestions???

I have been considering following SB on every other day but these days bringing a sandwich, granola bars, just something more than the above. Thanks ladies!!!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey girlie. Are u eating enough? We are required to eat 6 meals. Try to eat more 'kay. List down all you eat and maybe one of our friends on here can help?

Last edited by BellaLucia; 02-10-2010 at 12:45 AM.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:44 AM   #3  
Always Learning

Height: 5'5"

This might sound weird, but, you could always bring a can of tuna (either the tab top or pack a can opener) and a fork with some veggies and dip.

Also, if you can, maybe try spacing it out and have a small portion one break and a small portion the next. Above all, make sure you are eating enough to be satisfied, not just what another person deems is enough.

Though, I feel you're pain and I eat three squares + desert (when I want it) because snacks just aren't feasible in day to day life.

Last edited by 8675309; 02-10-2010 at 12:44 AM.
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:59 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Are you on Phase 1?
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:24 AM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

If you are on phase 1, you can get tuna pouches, salads, lettuce wraps, cheese sticks, cottage cheese, yogurt, beans, V8...there are more ideas here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sout...ch-snacks.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sout...nch-ideas.html

(put a small ice pack in your lunch bag or you can buy a small lunch cooler type thing!)

South Beach is really all about planning and making fresh meals. Quick and easy doesn't usually fall in the first two weeks
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:36 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I teach and am at school from about 7 till 4. I pack my breakfast and lunch the night before in an insulated bag with an ice pack. I have huge salads for lunch or leftover dinner from the night before. For breakfast I pack a turkey and spinach sandwich. I also throw in some yogurt and a couple of pieces of fruit. Keeps me going all day long.

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-10-2010 at 05:37 AM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I had a hankerin' for chicken salad, so I made some the other night with extra veggies (red pepper, celery, onion), and put it on a bed of lettuce. fast and easy in the morning!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #8  

Those are some good ideas. I didnt think about canned tuna or chicken. I was doing Phase 1 but fell off because I was tired of eating almonds, cheese, and ham or hardboiled eggs on school days it was tough.

My school days:

B: couple turkey sausages and an egg
then throughout day: 1 -2 cheese squares, sometimes a laughing cow, almonds or peanuts (counted out), couple slices of ham or 1-2 hard boiled eggs.

Drinks: usually brought 2 (16oz) bottles of water and would drink those and finish them usually by about 1 or so.

D: was good fish or chicken and usually a salad.

I really like salads but I dont think that I have time to sit down and eat a salad and I have an insulated bag and had been using an ice pack but wasn't sure if a salad would keep. I guess its worth a shot. I was also thinking about on those days maybe adding in some fruit.

After typing out what I do eat I really need to be more prepared and take time to cut up veggies I can eat those throughout the day. Like celery and cucumbers.

THanks for the help ladies!! I am going to get back on the wagon and be more prepared that might be the key. Also try canned tuna and salad and see how that works.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I always have to pack my bag for work, although I do have a microwave. Today I packed the chicken salad on lettuce, an apple, cheese stick, and cashews if I were caught there. I often bring cut up veggies with dip as well. I even like raw cabbage! If you have precut veggies, your job is a lot easier.

I'm trying to cut back on grains. But before, I'd also bring a baggie of WW wheat thins or triscuits (which are also excellent to scoop chicken salad!).

I've also made lots of different bean salads (3 bean salad, black bean salad, etc.)...I'll make a batch early in the week and bring it daily for a few days.

Deviled eggs (take two halves and mush them together so they don't make a mess) also are excellent!

Hope all our posts help you out!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

I don't see any beans or dairy in your menu. How about some refried beans with salsa or hummus to dip your veggies in. Some of the roasted chickpeas would be good to carry, and yogurt or cottage cheese in a little container.

Adding up the calories for your day you described, I think you are very low. You definitely don't have to starve to lose weight on SB, so make sure you eat enough.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 02-10-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Everyone gave good advice. You definitely can eat more than you are! No wonder you're hungry!
Having your veggies precut is a good idea. I wash and cut mine up as soon as I bring them home. I know they don't keep as long when you do that, but I always finish mine before they go bad.
Definitely bring an insulated bag with an ice pack so you have flexibility in what to pack. Celery with peanut butter would be a filling snack. I love ham and RF swiss cheese rolled into a leaf of romaine lettuce with some mustard...a couple of those make a nice lunch along with some veggies and dip. My lunch though is usually a salad because you can really make it a nice filling meal. If you have time for one(and like them), it's definitely worth trying to pack. You can have the lettuce and veggies all mixed together and add your dressing and whatever toppings you are using when you're ready to eat it so it doesn't get soggy. I always put either chicken pieces or sliced ham and cheese on my salads, and usually top it off with some crushed walnuts. Beans are filling and easy to top a salad with too.
Kslosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:31 PM   #12  

I never thought of beans. I always think they need to be heated up. So I can eat them cold?

What kind of yogurt can I eat during Phase 1? I have tried the greek stuff and I dont like that so any other suggestions would be great. I am starting back tomorrow so going to go shopping and get in gear for the week.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/159

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmelose View Post
I never thought of beans. I always think they need to be heated up. So I can eat them cold?

What kind of yogurt can I eat during Phase 1? I have tried the greek stuff and I dont like that so any other suggestions would be great. I am starting back tomorrow so going to go shopping and get in gear for the week.

Yep... a cold bean salad is great. You can have about 1/2 cup of beans at each meal and they count as your vegetable.

During all phases of South Beach, you can eat non-fat plain yogurt. We like to mix a little bit of SF jello powder in ours to sweeten it up and give it a little bit of flavor. If you mix it with some cottage cheese, you'd be getting both your protein and dairy.

It looks to me though that your biggest problem is definitely vegetables... You are supposed to be getting in 4.5 cups during the day (1/2 c at breakfast and 2 c at both lunch and dinner). That's definintely where you get the "bulk" in your food on SB, it's no wonder you're hungry.
1oftheLuvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #14  

S/C/G: HW192 /S 189 /C176.5/G165

for me when I am out and about a cheese stick is something always with me. Takes a while to eat when you peel it apart that along with an apple(in phase 2) make the perfect on the go something
Gumby007 is offline   Reply With Quote