Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 07:46 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Friday, August 23rd - Daily WELCOME EVERYONE !!!!

Good Morning All,

Ohhhhhhhh TGIF !!!

Yesterday when I left work I got in my car and PEWWWWWWWW GROSSSSSSSSs all I smelled was a sour smell. Well obviously it was one of Grace's bottles hiding somewhere. I found it and threw the nasty thing in the garbage. This morning when I got in the car pewwwwwwwwww the smell was still there so I just rolled down the window's and drove to work thinking oh gross hope nobody wants a ride anywhere. WELL this morning my boss says to me, Can I have a ride to Toys R Us before you leave today......... I"M GOING TO DIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of all days. My farts smell better than my car. SO if this is any indication to how my weekend is going to be, I'd rather it be Monday NOW

With that note, have a wonderful weekend everyone haaaaa. ONLY LEENIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Me
Old 08-23-2002, 10:17 AM   #2  

thank you ladies for posting on the drinking thread. I know I need to talk to a doctor. I just feel it doesn't happen all the time but it does. I have been doing many hobbie things and have been walking and gardening and cleaning house. I know I t will get better when i am able to go back to work. Did hear from my darling daughter who just got married and moved out to Colarado. They have found a place to live, instead of camping and the husband found a job. That helps me alot right there. Anyway I have abusy day planed today, physical therapy at 11, then I have to take my mother in law to rapids for a chiropractor appointment. We're just a couple of cripples helping each other. Well at least I get to a real grocery store. Great fruit & veggies.
My small town does'nt have the greatest. I think they are all seconds. Anyway thank you all for talking to me. I will have a great day and I hope you all do too.
I had a smell in my car,, I found a half eaten sub sandwich under the seat. ohhhh my it was bad..
talk to you later, better get ready to go get hurt.
Deb,
Old 08-23-2002, 10:21 AM   #3  

You know it is really good talking to others who experience the same kind of emotions.

I am doing much better today. Don't know why because nothing good has happened yet. I did get up and exercise this morning. I think that really helps. I also got a full body massage yesterday. Maybe that helped too.

My mood goes in phases. Sometimes I'll be depressed for sometime (could be hours or days) then I am ok again. Never really totally happy but I can laugh and have a good time. I think it takes its toll on my husband because I'll be fine one minute then the next I will go in a rampage. Is this depression?

I saw a doctor once about depression and she asked me some questions. One was "does anything make you happy?" I said yes my dogs make me happy. I like to play with them. The she said "well I think you are just situationally depressed and there is nothing I can do for you." I left feeling soooooo terrible and felt worse than I ever had. She made me feel like I was stupid for even coming in and that my feelings meant nothing. I didn't talk about my depression for several years until my husband said that we needed to do something.

That was when we saw a counselor together. She helped a lot with us but not just me. She tried to help with the Celexa and Wellbutrin but I got frusterated with the side effects. It is difficult to keep trying meds. I have had to do it with other problems and finally gave up and quit. This time I am not going to give up with the depression. I see how it impacts the one I love the most and I must do something so I don't lose him and the situation being even worse.

So how is everyone's weight loss going? How is everyone doing on their diet and exercise? Mine is slow but ok.

Tracy.
Old 08-23-2002, 03:07 PM   #4  

Default Afternoon

Hi Ladies,

Sorry didn't have time this morning to post.. work gets too busy somedays.

Tracy.. hard to say if it depression or not. That is something only a medical doctor can determine.. the rest of us would be speculating and probably erroneously

Deb, glad you heard from your family. That does make it easier to know they are doing well.

Leens, by now you have gone home and Ms Boss would have been in your car.. hope it wasn't too embarassing

This weekend is nothing special.. cleaning, a little shopping, a little gardening.. a little napping I have to decide what to make for meals next week.. so I am off to allrecipes to make up a shopping list.

Talk to everyone later.. what are you all doing this weekend?
Old 08-23-2002, 07:00 PM   #5  

Hello everyone, how are you all doing? I haven't been posting but have been reading your posts daily. I sometimes come to the computer with the intentions of posting but once I'm here I'm just like ugghh so I just lurk and read. Could possibly have something to do with my job...ALOT of typing involved and I just hate it

So I have been trying to wean myself off of Paxil, I don't like the side affects one bit. I haven't been seeing my family doctor, I was put on this med at a walk in clinic. He started me at 10mg, increased my dosage to 20mg and that was too much, I decreased back down to 10mg and now am splitting the 10mg and taking 5mg. I know I can't just go off the med....already tried that.....I was dizzy (not just a little either), spent a few days with unbelievable dizziness and the dreams I had at night were very WEIRD to say the least. Soooooooooo I want off Paxil and then will eventually try and see my family doctor and see what he recommends.

Other then that not much else is new, I have had the last 3 days off work to spend with my Son before school starts back, we were at the local skateboard park today.....I'm pretty sure I'm going to see my son's first broken bone soon....its crazy what they attempt to do there, but he's well protected (helmet) and I guess I can't chase after him forever

Tonight the 3 of us are going to the movies, think we've agreed on "Signs" with Mel Gibson, I've heard mixed things on it but for the most part good things.

Tomorrow is my 31st birthday , I can't believe it.....remember when 21 couldn't come fast enough and I definately thought anyone who was 30 was over the hill . Will be going to the Olive Garden for dinner with family and then back to our house for cake and coffee, should be a nice day/evening.

Well I apparently am in the mood for babbling, I could keep going but I know I should be doing some house work while the boys are out. Hope you all have a super weekend, I'll try to post more often.

Take care
Charlene
Closed Thread