General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-09-2010, 09:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Default Disney in Florida

We are thinking about going to Disney for spring break -- April 10-15. There will be 5 of us -- MIL & FIL, husband, 6 y.o. son and me. I've been surfing the Disney website. It's pretty overwhelming. I love the idea of staying in the cabins, but we need a little more space. My FIL snores like a train! Any suggestions of 2 bedroom condos/villas/motels in the $300 or less per night range? Am I asking for the moon?
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

HI, I've been to Disney World once with my boys in 2008. We did everything through Disney (stayed on their property) and loved it. I would suggest, though, that if you want to get a condo for a group that you check with a separate rental company and stay off property. The only down side to that is not being able to take advantage of the Disney transportation and some of the other percs of staying on property. Have you checked into the Disney resorts that have adjoining rooms/suites? I believe some of them do, but it might be worth checking into. I would be very uncomfortable sleeping in a room with a group of people (besides my sons), especially when snorers were part of the group. I think some of the moderate Disney resorts have the adjoining rooms/suites. Or two rooms?? Call Disney on the phone (there is a number on the website) and ask about it. It might save you hours online looking at all of the resorts they have.

Good luck and have fun!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:03 AM   #3  

Thanks, Annie, I actually wouldn't mind staying off site, but the transportation is such a big perk. My in-laws are healthy, but old -- 68 & 71. It would be so nice if they could go back to the room if they get tired and we could stay out. I'll call Disney.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:42 AM   #4  

I also wanted to direct you to Mouse Planet. They have an awesome discussion board that really helped me when I was planning our first trip. They have several boards, but this is the link to the one specifically for Disney World.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63

They answer all types of questions about resorts, the parks, food choices. It really is helpful.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #5  

Chelby-I notice you live in Alabama. We are going to try for a Disney vac. this summer. But if that doesn't work out, we are thinking about coming down to the Gulf Shores/Pensacola area. Have you been there and if so, do you have any recommendations for a quiet, family vacation spot? (Condo on the beach preferrably.) Thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 182/135.4/132

Height: 5' 4.5

Another great discussion board that we used when we were planning our trip to Disney a few years back is http://www.disboards.com. People there are very knowledgeable and very willing to help answer questions.
lovingsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #7  

Annie, Gulf Shores is one of my favorite places! We go several times a year. My in-laws store an old 5th wheel down there, so that's where we usually sleep. Gulf Shores is not 'touristy' like Panama City Beach or Daytona. Any place you stay will be quiet in comparison. There is a beautiful state park in Gulf Shores. They have quaint little cabins. If you are looking for somewhere more off the beaten path, look for a beach house at Fort Morgan. It's about 15 miles away from downtown Gulf Shores. It's beautiful there, too, and less expensive.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:01 PM   #8  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi Annie - I am in love with the Destin/Miramar Beach area - VERY family friendly! It's not much further east from Pensacola. We go at least twice every year. Checkout the vacation rentals by owner website for private condos. Since you are commonly dealing with the owner of the unit, you can often negotiate pricing, especially off season.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #9  

Thanks ladies!! Sure didn't mean to hijack the thread!!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 02-10-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #10  

You didn't. Thanks for your good help!