Old 02-08-2010, 08:31 AM   #1  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Default 40 Somethings February Week 2 Chat

Good morning and happy Monday chicks! Hope everyone has a great week : )

Kathi
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Happy Monday everyone. There will be jubilation in the streets here today.

Hope everyone has a good week-me included. My weekend wasn't long enough.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: (HW 247) 241/215/199

Height: 5'- 4 1/2"

Good morning! We stayed up too late last night watching the game and celebrating the Saints' victory here in east Texas (our county touches Louisiana so lots of people rooting for the Saints since the Cowboys weren't in it!)

I had a good weigh in this morning, and I'm really motivated to focus in this week and keep up my momentum.

I hope everyone has a terrific week. I look forward to getting to know you all more and more.
susieyarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hello everybody! Congrats to the Saints fans! I was rooting for the Colts and muh boy Peyton.

Had weigh-in this morning and gained 0.4 pounds. Actually, that is less than I was afraid I had gained. I really did badly this weekend. Sitting around by myself and watching TV and waiting on my next food. Not good for me to focus on food so much, I really didn't want that to happen. I need to stay busier, but I just felt really lazy this weekend. I did, however, get up and do 5 minutes on the elliptical this morning!!: So I don't feel too badly. Just going to keep on doing the good things I'm doing for my body and try to do less of the bad.

It is snowing the hugest, fattest snowflakes I have ever seen here this morning. The temp. just hit freezing, so I hope the roads stay passable.

Have a healthy day everyone!!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 02-08-2010 at 09:58 AM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:31 AM   #5  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Long time no see... I'll have to go back through the weekend to see what I missed. Here in Pittsburgh we got snowed under by the 4th largest snowfall since records have been kept. I've finally put it into perspective because DH and I have been scratching our heads over why it was such a big deal, why the roads aren't clear, why people don't know what to do, etc. The amount of snowfall we got here (20") happens 2 - 3 times a century, compared with that same snowfall happening sometimes 2 - 3 times a winter back in Massachusetts, where we moved from. Finally, now I get it...

I'm not going to even talk about my exercise and eating, enough said. BUT I did remind myself that it was Superbowl SUNDAY, not Superbowl MONTH so I am ready to be back on track
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:25 AM   #6  
Natalie

S/C/G: 170/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday everyone, a new week! I am up 1 lb, but focused still, work outs were good last week, diet not so good so will focus back to tracking meals and snacks. Wishing everyone a great week.
AZ Manatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #7  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Morning gang - more snow on the way - oh joy...looks like a foot of snow with blizzard conditions - I'm ready to move south NOW!

Food wise - added a few extra carbs this week, and now I struggle with "on track" - a day later, handful of pretzels, etc. I'm not throwing away what I've done - no big ole binges - but I'm quite aware those pretzels were not in my plan, nor the crackers the other day. I'm not "in the zone" - though I'm almost there again....mentally, I'm feeling more like myself, but this week i've been up and down. Weight the same, long run on deck this week 8-9 miles....1/2 marathon is less than a month away...one foot in front of the other....focus, focus, focus is what i need.

Going to go back and read what I missed and comment/personals in a separate post.
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #8  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Q: How do you know when you aren't focused on journey?

A: When my brain wonders too often to food and what goodies I want to eat...when i'm in the zone, those things barely cross my mind.

---
side note: ran 2 miles Saturday -forgot to add that in

Marie- thinking about you...can't wait to hear from you again

Peep- never heard of osso bucco - how are the dancing classes going?

Petra- glad you're back in the groove, and woohoo on getting so much done

WLW- good luck with finding your clean meats Wish I had info for you, but I don't know anythign about it

Susie- congrats on the good weigh in - don't you love how it motivates you to keep going!

Annie - great news on the 5 minutes...you're doing it...getting farther and farther

Heidi - glad to see you - and glad you're digging out okay...we're getting ready for more...booo, though we did only get 6inches this storm, it was more southernly in NJ this time, phew

Natalie - okay, what are some safe snacks you can choose this week? What's for dinner?
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #9  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

BP, I buy my Wacoal bras from herroom.com - they have special offers occasionally. My cute pink water bottle that I have my drink by the pool in has a Wacoal stamp in the bottom corner.

Petra, I’m glad you liked the waffles. I mentioned it to DH and he says, we haven’t had those for a while. Well I’m not making them today at the resort…

Annie, WTG on the 5 minutes on the elliptical.

Newleaf, 20” was the 4th most on record??? That’s just like a drop in the bucket. I can see why you and your DH were surprised by the big deal over that one.

I bet you can all tell the DH and I made it Cancun… the pool reference would do that. We paid for internet in our room but we don’t have a signal so we have to be at the pool. That’s well and good for today and tomorrow but after the surgery, not so good. I’m hopeful the 2nd hotel will be better. That’s next Sunday. Tomorrow is cardiologist, labs and meeting the dr. It’s getting so close.

Food – I’m a little on the high end of the calories the last few days but not by too much. I had a ½ plate of fruit this morning. It was AWESOME. I love fruit. The gym had a man hogging the elliptical this morning (despite the 30 minute max sign) so I used a machine called Crossramp. It was similar to the elliptical movements without arms. The footbed inclines and declines to change the muscle workout. It was pretty good.

Time to let DH use the internet…
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #10  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Happy Monday! I think this will be a better week and I might be able to keep up. Off to go do inspections for a couple hours, but I am hoping to catch up later this afternoon. My plant is down for the next 3 weeks, so the intensity should be off for a while. Good thing! I've missed everyone and haven't even had time to say hi to our new "threaders"!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:44 PM   #11  
Tigga

S/C/G: 260/260/200

Good Morning,
Down 3 lbs this week
tigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post

BUT I did remind myself that it was Superbowl SUNDAY, not Superbowl MONTH

Too funny!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Happy Monday everyone!

I didn't have too much of a vested interest in either team, but was happy to see the Saints win as a sentimental favorite.

I'm also patting myself on the back because I had 2 crackers and a cup of tea with splenda as my superbowl snacks. (Fortunately, I wasn't someplace with a ton of bad food, just some chip and dip and cheese and crackers, so I wasn't excessively tempted).

Down 3 lbs for my official weigh in this week, so I'm very happy to start February off so well.

Hope everyone has a great day!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:28 PM   #14  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

I'm on the computer and NOT doing bathroom remodel research/purchasing.... Woo Hoo!!! We have found a contractor and all our supplies have been ordered. Looking at starting in about three weeks. I'm so ready for this project to be over.... LOL considering it hasn't even started. We are also repainting the bedroom at the same time so our room will be unlivable for about two weeks.

I am so out of touch with everyone, hope all is well. I've been OK with my eating and exercise. I do need to buckle down and work on losing NOT maintaining.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I realized today that I have been really struggling for awhile and spent some time thinking what that is all about.

I'm tempted to blame it all on having the ex-boyfriend back in my life but I honestly don't think that's it. In fact, we haven't had any meals together except that one we had at the restaurant. Although he does stress me out sometimes. I am on call every 3 weeks again and that is exhausting. I do know sleep deprivation is one that that really trips me up. Beyond that, I really don't know. I did cook a very Mediterranean dinner tonight-pigeons stuffed with couscous. The pigeons took longer to cook than I anticipated so I ended up just having the stuffing but that was really good too. Will have left overs for a few days.

I live in Saints territory. Everyone is ecstatic here.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote