Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 09:18 AM   #1  

Default Thursday's thread

hi everyone-Just starting the thread-i want to eat well today-I will eat well today-I will exersize today...that is the mantra...

I am off today-I have a vacation day-Whoo hoo! and i am cleaning the house and doing bills Oh well...

So DH and i keep talking about my finding another job...right now i work in a federally funded community health center-I was hoping to receive loan repayment from the feds or the state for doing this, but I have been here a year and nothing has come through...needless to say, i can work almost anywhere else for a lot more money...not to be money hungry but my student loans of $120k are killing me...yesterday I took a big step and called a recruiter...the problem is, I really like the people I work with, and that is not something to just throw away. plus, i just changed jobs a year ago! I am just starting to get settled in! And i'm just starting to get used to my patients!(And they to me!)
Arrgh...I'm at least going to see what's out there...I just don't want my current job to get wind of the fact that i am looking....because nothing may come of it!

bye for now!
Lori
Old 08-22-2002, 09:32 AM   #2  

FYI! Lisa emailed me and wanted me to let you all know....

Second, please tell everyone hello and sorry I haven't been posting. My
work is doing a "trial" period monitoring our internet use to observe how
having unlimited access to the internet benefits our company. I have no
idea what that means... but they want to see what sites their employees
benefit from using... but we also assume they are also getting to see when
we're surfing! Anyway, the trial period ends Friday... so I should be back
soon. Tell everyone hello!!!

I will post a better reply in a minute, got to do something for work!
Old 08-22-2002, 09:39 AM   #3  

Lori ~

Enjoy your day off! I completely understand your dilemma about the job. Maybe something will come along that you love just as much but will pay more to get some of those dreadful student loans paid off. Don't they just hang over your head!!

I paid my way thru college (just my BS, I don't have the extensive schooling like you!!) but now am starting my Master's. The thought of taking out another $20,000 is just killing me....I really need the education to advance in my field, but it is such a good feeling not to have student loans....ok, I apologize, now this is turning into a "ME" session....

Hang in there, and see what the recuiter turns up, you never know....in the meantime, maybe the gov will suprise you and pay some of your loans off.

Be back in a bit....
Old 08-22-2002, 09:48 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Girls
Sorry about being MIA Its hard to post when I'mat home and alot of stuffs going on
Mom's changing Jobs and as its some miracle of science I'm still on her insurance but the bad part is our COBRA would be $1000 basically I'm going to have 2 months with no insurance which also means no PT and no CP treatment that i was going to try this month (I was going to have Botox injections to break some of my spasticity) I told her it was ok if we didnt have the cobra but sometimes it feels like for every inch forward I get a giant step back
I was thinking of joining Ediets and doing their convenience plan for a while (they have a sale on) b/c this semester is going to be beyond hectic 15 credits + working and then trying to hit the gym arg!
Today I'm going to my alt med doc and seeing about getting a "booster shot" (acupuncture) so I can feel like a human again

Oh on the Fashion front! My now slenderific Sis (shes prolly a 14W) is in the process of giving me her entire wardrobe!
*my sis has very expensive taste I'm not complaining the benfitsof being voluptuous (or indeed the benefits of being in the process of becoming less voluptuous)
Lori if you are ready for a new job then fantastic any facility would be lucky to have you! Do what's right for you darlin
Tonya good morning you lil vixen you
Lisa (who'll read this after friday) Morning Sweet thang we miss you!
I'm off and I'll prolly be back much later as i Have PT and my alt med doc! >Insert Rocky theme here< it a day to kick some arse!
oh and belle! I had thai yesterday and thought of u
Love
Kier
Old 08-22-2002, 09:50 AM   #5  

Kier ~

Are you going back to Ireland for school?
Old 08-22-2002, 09:50 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Tonya have you looked into those lifetime learning credits?
I think its atax break
anywho gotta go delouse and join humanity
Old 08-22-2002, 09:52 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Tonya (part Deux) no I wish I'm finishing up my final year at Rutgers
and depending on Winter session and summer session this time next year i'll be freeeeeeeeeeeee! or going back to Europe >
Old 08-22-2002, 09:57 AM   #8  

Cool Kier! Yep, checked into the learning credits, that is a good thing.... Later gator.....
Old 08-22-2002, 10:13 AM   #9  
Cockeyed Optimist

Lori - enjoy your vacation day. Sometimes using a day to get bills paid and clean makes you feel more relaxed cuz then a work day isn't so hectic with errands. The work thing is a hard decision but if you gotta have the $$ to pay back the loans you gotta have the money.

Tonya - thanks for posting about Lisa. I was really getting kinda worried about her. When do you start your Master's program?

Kier - that's to bad about the insurance and your PT & CP. I hope your family can work out something with insurance shortly - it is scary to not have it.

Went to my favorite restaurant last night for dinner and totally pigged out. I had bread, a small ceasar and my favorite pasta dish (penne, grilled chicken, tomato, mushrooms and fresh spinach in chicken broth) which wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't topped the whole thing with fresh grated parmesean and eaten the entire plate! The friend I was with was totally laughing at me - he has only known me a few months (post-weight loss) and couldn't believe how much I packed away. Part of it was because it was my favorite restaurant and my favorite dish but part of it (I think) was because I let myself get too hungry (am I just rationalizing?) It was 8:30 at night and I'd only had 8 points all day plus I usually earn about 4 activity points working out. I think I'm back on the wagon though...I worked out for 90 minutes this morning, have had a ton of water, an OP bfast and packed OP snacks and lunch. I'm not sure why I'm rambling about this....guilt I suppose....I want you to absolve me of my sin! (Ha-ha) Plus I'm mad at myself. I worked so hard last week and showed a huge loss and figured that if I stayed OP this week that I'd maintain or show a small loss this weekend. Now I feel as though I've probably gained.

OK this is really whiny and self-centered. I'm going to take a time-out and come back when I can be more sociable towards all of you.

Hi to all - "see" you later.

Laura
Old 08-22-2002, 10:20 AM   #10  

This week is a good one for me so far, I have walked 3-3.5 miles each day this week! And have been staying OP. I hope I can keep this up!!

Laura ~ We all have nights like that, you are fine, and you have already picked yourself back up, you can't gain all that weight you lost last week from one dinner....no worries!!!!

I am so glad tomorrow is Friday, I am so ready for another weekend. Work is really getting boring without students around, and they don't come back for another two weeks.....

Well, at least I have all of you to chat with!
Old 08-22-2002, 10:48 AM   #11  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

OK... I am going to whine a LOT just to make me feel better. So ignore if you don't want to hear about it!!

OK, got home late last night and hubby says the dog is in trouble. OH GREAT, now what. I feel like we wasted a wad of money on an expensive purebred golden that is a wonderful dog, yet aggrivating at the same time. WELLLLLL... get this. One of our neighbors (we are almost sure we know who) called the police and said our dog was in their yard. THEY CALLED THE COPS!!!!! We have new neighbors next to us who are the rudest, most impolite people I have ever met. They are very very young too (not that their is any wrong with that, but they don't understand that neighbors should talk to each other if there is a problem)... about 6 weeks ago they had a HUGE party of drunk men and they decided to play football with no concern where they were running. One neighbor yelled at them.... then they headed towards my garden and I asked them not to.... so since then the neighbors won't even look at me. Now we are sure they called because everyone else has dogs and everyone understands that sometimes dogs walk.... AND, the previous neighbors we got along with REALLY well and they used to play with our dog in their yard, so she doesn't totally understand that they don't live their anymore. And we do watch her and do tell her to come when she strays. It just made me soooooo mad. And what makes me more upset is that if they call again, then we have to pay a fine and go to court. That is ridiculous for something as simple as saying to your neighbor... "Please watch you dog so she stays out of our yard".... I AM IRRATE!!!

Oh and this came about because last week a letter with new ordinances for the area came out and most were concerning dog violations (like barking, etc.)... And since they are young and new and jerks, I think they just like to piss off neighbors.

Sorry to complain... just had to get this off my chest!

Oh and the police officer couldn't believe how nice and well behaved our dog was and that she didn't even bark. Idiot neighbors. I wish I was rich so I could move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2002, 11:23 AM   #12  
Cockeyed Optimist

Tonya - thx - I think I just needed to hear someone else say that! Walking 3.5 miles everyday is a big deal - I'm impressed.

Jen-L - I can't believe your neighbors called the cops before discussing the situation with you or your husband. How immature and rude!

I don't really feel like working......come out and post girls.
Old 08-22-2002, 11:36 AM   #13  

These are the same neighbors that after they moved in, I was walking by and said HI and was going to introduce myself, and they looked at me and walked away. I am not that threatening am I?? AND... don't know if I mentioned this, but when the woman finally said HI to me a month later, I explained to her that out very lovable dog used to play in their yard because the previous neighbors liked her, and she is a little confused that they are gone, so if there is a problem, tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2002, 11:51 AM   #14  

I feel for you Jen! Some people just are not animal lovers...we have a lab, and a puppy at that, so he gets very excited when he sees someone in the yard, I am always so cautious when he is playing in the yard, hoping he doesn't jump on someone and they sue us!!

Your golden is welcome in my yard anytime, so is the Jack Russell, Joey, next door (that hates Zeus), the yellow lab, Jake, from down the street, and Cody, the beagle from the house across the back yard... We have dog parties all the time!
Old 08-22-2002, 11:57 AM   #15  

Totally Tonya!! The guy kiddy corner to us has a black lab, beautiful, and I don't get mad unless thoy pooo in the yard. If the dog is nice, then I can understand that sometimes dogs are dogs. There used to be a bichon (they moved) that roamed in everyones yards, he was kind of mean too, and pottied on everyones trees. He was ALWAYS in our yard taunting Sadie, and we never called the cops. What a waste of our police money. And stupid at that. So I was quite upset. Kind of getting over it now. But now I am planting a HUGE border of flowers and bushes on that side and that will probably irritate them since they have tried to claim 2 extra feet of property on ours!!! I guess I just really miss our previous nice neighbors. I miss standing out in the yard and chatting for an hour. They were awesome neighbors. When I went into labor with Emma, he came over and let Sadie out and we could trust them with our house keys. We don't have anyone like that now. So sad!
Closed Thread