Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 02-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #1  
Crazy Is As Crazy Does.

S/C/G: 218/230/110

Height: 5'2"

Default Possibly pregnant with a third and nursing two now.

So I am in the middle of breaking my daughter who is 2 from nursing and my little one Jacob is behind due to being 3 months premature and definitely still needs the breast milk. I also am going to be taking a test tomorrow I think I might get a BFP. Any advice for a nursing and possibly prego momma who is 122 lbs overweight and trying to lose it?
Michigan Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:59 PM   #2  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Wow, what a predicament. First of all, if you are pregnant, congratulations! I don't know what your feelings are on another little on coming along in the family, but judging based on already having two little ones already it may not be the most ideal timing, but I'm sure you will make the best of it and welcome a the new one into the family with open arms I'm looking forward to the day that I will have that blessing myself.

I wish I had some advice for you, but you might want to ask your doctor about a food plan. I've heard before that very overweight women (and it sounds like you're probably about the same weight as me) may not need to gain any weight during pregnancy, or if they do, very little. The doctor should be able to give you some guidance on daily calorie intake, considering that you're pregnant and nursing. Hopefully your body will be using those extra calories and you won't gain any significant weight. After the baby is born then you can tackle the weight loss -- probably continuing to eat some of the same foods, just less of them.

At any rate... good luck. I don't normally post in this particular sub-board as I am neither pregnant or nursing but it caught my eye on the front page

Last edited by rakel; 02-06-2010 at 10:00 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:35 PM   #3  
Crazy Is As Crazy Does.

S/C/G: 218/230/110

Height: 5'2"

Sadly the test was BFN, but I still haven't had a period so I plan on retesting soon. I have never gained weight with my children, and am always on a strict diet during pregnancy anyhow because of high blood sugar and high blood pressure. Normally during pregnancy I lose weight. If however I do turn out to be pregnant I don't think I would be able to do the exercises and such any longer.
Michigan Momma is offline   Reply With Quote