Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-06-2010, 10:34 AM   #1  

Default Easy to follow aerobic videos

I need some aerobic exercises videos that are simple and easy to follow. I have no gym near where I live so I just exercise at home.
Does anyone have any idea where I can find some? Thanks a lot.
Hulk1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #2  
Weight Watchers!

S/C/G: 221/ticker/175

Height: 5'

Walk away the pounds is great, super easy to follow. You can start with 1 mile and work up to 5 miles.
The Biggest Loser - Last chance workout is also good. They do things based on seconds and not counting, which works great for me. Also you can do this over and over and never get bored. You can start out working easy and then get as hard as you want.
I also use the Biggest Loser Weight Lose Yoga, it is a nice change up or something great to do before you start the day.
eviemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I would agree, either look at Walk away the pounds or some of The Biggest Loser workouts. If you want to go old school, there is also the various Richard Simmons videos.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #4  

Default good low impact aerobics videos

I do some really great low impact aerobic videos from Workouts On Demand - You can download the exercise videos right from their website -- - I love them because they are so easy to follow (and still fun!)

I hope that helps -- remember, consistency is more important than intensity. So even if you don't workout hard -- always do something!
kenthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #5  

I love Walk Away the Pounds. Right now I am switching it off with Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. The Shred is not hard to follow but it is a work out. I am enjoying the combination.
losinginillinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

I would agree with walk away. I was kind of...nervous or worried I guess because I thought it would be too easy or just not enough for me but wow...in 20 minutes I felt like I had been on an exercise bike for an hour, and it is fun to do (way better than the bike). If you have a wal mart near you they have a little section with lots of at-home exercise stuff. I never knew that...but that's maybe because I never ventured over that way.
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #7  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Denise Austin is pretty easy to follow to. I haven't done one of her DVD's in a wihle, but I remember them being reasonable.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

I liked the Walk Away the Pounsd but it seems to be only a DVD. Does anyone know of this type of workout being offered by Netflix, that is instant streaming?

Thanks,
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #9  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I love my Amy Dixon cardio workout. It is about 36 minutes and you do some of the exercises with dumbbells but you can start without. Once you feel you are ready to add a bit of weight you can hold soup cans (campbell's) or plastic bottles with water. That way you don't have to buy dumbbells if you don't want to. Then you can replace the water in the bottles with coarse sand.
Even with light weights the cardio is an awesome calorie burner, I end up being more sweaty than during Zumba, and yet very easy to follow.
I got it at Walmart. This is her DVD I have: Clicky
I got it at Walmart for $4.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote