Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 10:00 AM   #1  

Default New Challenge! "If you want your dreams to come true,wake up"

I love those words of wisdom! So I've decided that should be the title of this challenge. No excuses,no more dreaming to be at a healthy weight,or wishing,searching for that quick fix. Now I dont want to scare anyone off! This isnt a training camp lol. It's taken me over 6 months to almost be at my goal weight.There wasnt a smooth easy day for me. I didnt go to any gym at first. I simply walked my butt off each morning for 90 min a day,6 days a week. Once I lost over 40 lbs , I decided I was brave enough for a Gym.
So far I've lost 56 lbs and I need to lose another 8 lbs. Seems like such an easy thing to do right? Well its not,actually losing these last pounds is harder than the 56 I lost! Giving and recieving support is the best way for me and others.
This is a 4 week challenge starting today the 21st and ending Sept 21st. You let me know how many pounds you will try and lose in 4 weeks . We weigh in every saturday, you send me a PM(private message) and let me know if you lost,gained or maintained. I dont expect any losses this saturday since we have 2 days before weigh in! Just PM me anyway. My goal for this month is to lose 3 lbs.
Send me a PM if you want to join so I can enter your name and your goal lbs to lose.

Gen.....Goal..3 lbs....

Spryng..Goal..5lbs...

Jen519..Goal..6 lbs...

Sassycat..Goal..8 lbs

Appleblossom..Goal..3.5 lbs

Yoyomom..Goal 4 lbs

Manatees..Goal..4 lbs

Gen
194/138/130

Last edited by Gennel; 09-05-2002 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-21-2002, 07:00 PM   #2  
determined chick!

Default Hey Gennel

I'm sorry for not giving a final weigh in yesterday. My computer crashed this weekend and couldn't get it back from the shop until today. My final loss was 5 lbs. I want to set another 10lb loss for this time. With the last 5 I knew I was retaining a lot of water before. Was sick Monday and Tuesday so I missed the gym because I was really sore. I have a bladder infection. Anyway got back in the swing of things today. I'll write in on Saturday. Not expecting much of a loss this week with 2 days of the gym missed. I'm crossing my fingers though. Di
Old 08-22-2002, 12:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Count me in!!
We are close to the same weight right now... I'm 137 presently. My goal is 125. And I know exactly how you feel about the last few lbs being the hardest to lose. They just don't want to budge!!! I've been hovering around 135 for the past 8 months. But I'm exercising more now and seeing some results finally.
My goal for the 4 week challenge is this... 5 lbs. I would like to be 5 lbs lighter in four weeks. (I'd like to be 12 lbs lighter but 5 is more doable)
What plan are you on grizzlychick?? And congrats on getting this far!
Old 08-22-2002, 04:19 PM   #4  
determined chick!

Talking spryng

Hi Spryng - I am eating low fat, and watching portion sizes. I've lost 85 so far and am now at my half way point. Still have 85 more to go. The low fat thing is the only thing that really works for me and of course working out at the gym helps to. I know that right now since I have so much to lose that's why it seems to be coming off quicker. I've heard that the closer you get to goal the harder it gets to get it off. So maybe it's a good thing I still have lots to go or I'd done been discouraged by now Looking forward to getting to know you. Welcome to the group. Di
Old 08-22-2002, 04:34 PM   #5  

Default Welcome Spryng!

Welcome Spryng!
I put you down for a 5 lb goal for this challenge. My last goal was 6 lbs and I was able to lose 3 lbs. That's the least Ive lost in any of the challenges but I'm near my goal and its HARD!!!! lol My ultimate goal would be 125 but as I see myself now that would be too thin for me. Im a size 8 now so at most I will be a loose size 8 and get into a few size 6 when I reach 130 lbs. I even made a goal of what I wanted to measure and I passed that! My goal was to lose 40 inches and as of this month Ive lost 47.75 inches! My biggest loss being from my waist! Went from a 40 inch waist ..yes 40 down to 29.25 now .
Grizzly, great to hear from you again girl! Being sick can delay a lot of things,working out,working ! Glad tohear you're back on track and feeling better.

well time to go cook dinner.

ttyl,
Gen
194/138/130

" If you want your dreams to come true,wake up"
Old 08-23-2002, 10:55 AM   #6  

Hello!

I dropped off the face of the earth for a bit as far as 3FC goes, but I'm back. I'm not sure exactly when this challenge started since I was incommunicado when it happened. Count me in again, though. I would be nowhere without these, Gennel! Let's try 6 pounds this time. I'm calling my starting weight 223. 217 when we're done with this one.

Jen
238/223/140
Old 08-24-2002, 10:24 PM   #7  

Default Welcome Back Jen!

Hey! Glad to see you back. I think this thread started on the 22nd. Anyway I'll put you down for 6 lbs. You CAN do it!

Gen
194/137/130
Old 08-24-2002, 10:32 PM   #8  

Smile 1 lb down this week.

Well somehow I managed to lose 1 lb. I dont know what it was. I'm pretty sure its been because I've been so busy,busy ,busy!
Finally did the closing to refinance my house so I'm over that headache and now we are close to do our final closing for a Preconstruction home, my dream home!
Today I did a Yardsale with my sister and mom in front of my house. We did pretty well today! I got rid of most my stuff. I used the money I made and bought my girls comforter sets and accesories for the bedroom. I am SOOOOO tired!!!!! I woke up at 5 am to go pee and then I couldnt get back to sleep! Finally dragged myself out of bed at 7 am (now wanting to sleep! lol )
And started the yardsale.I should sleep like a baby tonight lol.
I printed my before and after picture and put the pictures on my fridge door . I wrote on the paper" 57 Reasons why I shouldnt have that second plate of food! " The 57 lbs I've lost so far are my 57 reasons why I shouldnt screw this up. I hate the before picture but its good to see it when I pass by the fridge!

Gen
194/137/130
" If you want your dreams to come true,wake up"
Old 08-24-2002, 10:36 PM   #9  

Default Weigh In

Today was our first weigh in, but since the challenge just started a few days ago nobody is really really required to post any loss .So I'll post my own . If anyone needs to PM me ,please do

Gen.....Goal..3 lbs....Loss..1 lb

Spryng..Goal..5lbs...

Jen519..Goal..6 lbs...
Old 08-25-2002, 03:31 PM   #10  

Default I've gone a long time

Hey Gennel! Wow you have done great for yourself since the last time I was on. I had gotten sick and couldn't really do much of anything. But I am back now and ready to roll!!! I joined Weight Watchers again on the 16th and had my first weigh in on the 23 and lost 5 lbs.

If you don't mind I would like to join this challenge also with my goal being 8 lbs since I missed the first weigh in.

Again Gennel AWESOME for you!!!!!
Old 08-25-2002, 07:08 PM   #11  

Hello,
I'm glad a new challenge has started so I don't have to back to the last one...I've gained back all weight lost thanks to my vacation. We are remodeling our kitchen so it hasn't been totally functional...I'm not exactly making the wisest food choices eating out and bringing home pizza etc. Plus the whole situation is really stessful and I'm a Stress Eater. AND there is a small possibility that I am pregnant, although today I've had all signs pointing to PMS....So until I know I can't really diet but I will try to be good anyway.
My goal will be modest since my last 2 challenges were obviuosly over ambitous. Lets see...I'm torn between 3 or 4 so even though my scale doesn't do halves, 3.5 it is. Here we go again!
Old 08-25-2002, 11:04 PM   #12  

Default Hey Sassy and Apple blossom!

Hey Sassy! Loooooooong time no see girl! I always ask for you when I go to chat. Iwondered how you were doing. Glad to see you're back!

Apple Blossom ,happy to see you are joining as well
I didnt do great this weekend with food I was eating"dinner type foods" for my lunch.Then Iwas so tired by dinner time that I would just have a bowl of Frosted Flakes ,yes Frosted Flakes lol.
TOmorrow is a new day , kids back to school tomorrow and I'll be back in the Gym tomorrow too!

Well ladies I'm pooped and miss my bed!

ttyl,
Gen
194/137/130
Old 08-26-2002, 07:28 AM   #13  

Question Walking Question

Gennel, I know you will know this. I have been getting myself back into walking I was walking 2 miles for 30 mins. Now today I am getting my darling son off to school for the first time and I want to walk this morning and this afternoon like each for 30 to 45 mins a peice.

Here is my question: Will I get the same benefit from splitting the walking up or do I need to do it all at once?

And thanks for welcoming me back Have you seen Amybunz around at all?

Old 08-26-2002, 09:20 AM   #14  

Hey, Gen,

I'm back from vacation and I did pretty well. I didn't stay OP, but I didn't gain any weight either. Usually I gain noticeably and my husband did (he even won the MI state fair cherry pie eating contest!).

Any way, sign me up for this challenge with 4 lbs. I'm very pleased to be where I am after having been on vacation and excited about making more progress!
Old 08-26-2002, 04:23 PM   #15  

Default STRESSSSSSSS AHHHHHH!!!

Now that you saw the title lol. Yesterday was the last day of vacation f or my kids and we really havent gone to any fun places so we took them to a water themed park nearby. Well it ended up being one of the most humiliating days ! I went in short, short jean shorts and a lycra top. I wasnt planning to get wet, just brought lunch and dinner and wanted to relax. Well my hubby wanted to get wet and insisted I get wet too. Ok so back home he drove to get something for me to put on. He brought me an aerobic top which is WHITE!! I told him if this gets wet , well you know. OOOh he thought it would be ok so up the stairs we climbed to the water slide. Oh dear! I get to the top slide down and my jeans are stopping me from sliding down! So I kept going fast...stopped, then fast again . Then we move on to the next ride, well I wasnt allowed on cause of my shorts. Tons of people wearing shorts there but I was called out of the line. Ok so we headed to their beach, OMG . I get out of the water and the guy lifeguard blows his wistle and points to me. I kept saying "ME?"
Yes he would yell.OMG He told me to put a shirt on cause my nipples were clearly printed on my top! To make things worse my husband got extremely upset and yelled at the guy for not at least calling me toward the tower and letting me know in a lower tone of voice! By this time ,everyone was looking at my chest. And I just wanted to dig a hole and hide. I just walked off with my eyes watery and a lump in my throat,stayed in the car while the kids went to the slide for the last time.
Ok and that was just yesterday! Today our bank tells us we might not CLOSE for the new loan for another 2-3 weeks! We have a deadline before then or we lose a down pmt deposit we gave for land and new house. Also, we are paying off bills in full and my credit card was declined because my bank's computers were down all day! I wanted to scream!!!! Rushed to another branch that was about 40 min drive away , back to post office to send overnight payment,drove around some more to pay other bills and finally finished by 1:45.....just in time to run and get my kids from school! I was about to faint ,scream,cry by this point! My breakfast was early at 8 AM and by the time I had lunch it was past 2:30.
Well I just had to vent a little . Thanks for letting me wine!

Gen
194/137/130
Closed Thread