Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #1  

Default Kettlebells for 6 months-weight loss ???

I have been doing Kettlebells for 6 months with some wonderful effects. I have lost about 25 inches all over, cut my blood pressure meds in half, no longer prediabetic, I have muscles poking through my fat on every part of my body, and I just feel amazing. I am in love with Kettlebells and encourage everyone to try them. I have knee and feet problems and kettlebells let me exercise with zero pain!!

Here is the problem -while I have lost inches I am not really lossing weight. I started in August with the work out at 328lbs. Now, I weigh around 313. While I am getting smaller I am barely lossing weight. So far I haven't tried to count calories because I hate doing that. But, I have tried restrictring carbs and eating more veggies. With the amount of working out I am doing I think I should be lossing more weight. My trainer is stumped as to why I am not lossing more weight. My doctor says that medically I check out fine in all areas. So, I thought I would come here and see if anyone else has had this problem before.

Please don't get me wrong, I am grateful for my good health and being smaller in terms of inches. I just can't figure out how to get the pounds down. I am desperate to get out of the 300lbs range. If you have any advice or ideas I would love to hear it!!!! Thanks!!
dollyfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:53 AM   #2  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Congrats on the 25 lost inches!! That's amazing!!! And the blood pressure - whoa, you rock, girl!

Do you know how much body fat you had before you started and how much you have now? The number on the scale is only one indicator but I bet that you have replaced a lot of the fat by muscle. IMHO, having body analysis done is very important to track one's progress (but that's just my personal opinion).

How heavy are your kettlebells? Do you exercise under supervision of your trainer or do you do it on your own?
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:23 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Exercise is awesome, kettlebells are awesome but most of our weight loss is dependent on how much we eat. You might want to look at your diet and see where you can tweak.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:45 PM   #4  

Tomato-I was just thinking this week that I really wish I would have had a body anylasis before I started. I know that my body composition has significantly changed but I don't have exact numbers.
Nelie-You are right. I am starting to realize this week that I eat more than I realize. I am starting a food journal to keep track of it and see what happens.
Thanks for both of your help!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 01:52 PM   #5  
Weight Watchers!

S/C/G: 221/ticker/175

Height: 5'

I also love kettlebells! I am looking for a good DVD for kettlebells if you know of one.
I agree about the food log, Daily Plate has been wonderful for me. I am getting a BodyBugg because I just have no idea how many calories i burn. This is so true for Kettlebells. I used them last year and fell off the wagon, so to speak. This year I have just started back and I am using just a 10lb, I will start the 20lb next month. When you use kettlebells it is like weight lifting and conditioning at the same time, so there are not many programs out there that will calculate the burn.
Keep up the good work and give Daily Plate a try, it is free.
eviemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Evie - There are a few good dvds for kettlebells. Dragon door has a bunch that are good but the filming quality is not so good
http://www.dragondoor.com/cgi-bin/pr...rkbprods=kbdvd

I also like Art of Strength. The DVD qualities are better and they are pretty good workouts:
http://www.artofstrength.com/online-...shop-dvds.aspx
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:04 PM   #7  

Nelie-two excellent picks for kettlebell DVDs!!!

Evie- I will look into daily plate and the body bugg. thanks for those suggestions!!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:07 PM   #8  
Weight Watchers!

S/C/G: 221/ticker/175

Height: 5'

Thanks, looking into these right now!
eviemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #9  
Alberta Gal

S/C/G: 154.2/151.2/125.0

Height: 5' 3"

Thumbs up Kettlenetics Slim & Tone with Michelle Kwai

Kettlenetics Slim & Tone is amazing. I love this DVD. Mine came with a 4-lb kettlebell - it's small, cute, red, and perfect for kettlebell beginners.

This is a Gaiam product.
HalfPint71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

I just started with kettlebells (starting with 15lbs) myself and I am loving the DVD "The KettleBell Goddess workout" Luv em! I'm in pain lol...but I love em!

Last edited by Violin Jenn; 02-22-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote