WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 02-02-2010, 08:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 282/174/155

Height: 5" 6"

Default New WW Slowcooker Cook Book

Has anyone bought the new slowcooker book. I love the slowcooker but was unsure about the recipes as a flipped through it in line tonight.
boxermom78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:50 AM   #2  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

wow..yeah i would be interested to know how it is as well
snapplegirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:03 PM   #3  
Another Tammy

I'm super picky so it didn't appeal to me but if you're interested in getting it, GET IT NOW if your leader has one because it's been discontinued already. My leader told us last week that they will not be printing any more and cannot be ordered. Even she was surprised since it just came out a few weeks ago. Once the leaders sell out, that's it.
Ms. Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 282/245/150

Height: 5ft5in

This is what I want to do...
take a regular recipe and either cut down the portion size or make it and sub a few ingredients to lessen the calories/fats/points so I can eat it and feel ok about it.

I usually don't like too many of the diet recipes of today. The older WW books had better recipes that appealed to my tastes since I enjoy classical cooking for the most part.
LadyNASDAQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 271.8/203.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I have it, but have to admit I haven't made anything from it yet. I thought a number of the recipes looked REALLY good, especially in the soups, stews, and desserts area (like cobblers). Rotisserie-Style Chicken & Herb Dumpling Stew, Classic Chicken Noodle Soup, Minestrone, Peach-Blackberry Cobbler, Raspberry-Rhubarb Compote, and Summer Berry Parfaits all looked like must-trys to me. (I'm also not one for unusual flavors, and there seem to be plenty of those in here as well. Comfort foods all the way for me!)

I wish they had pictures, though. That always catches my eye when flipping through a cookbook. I don't like having to glance through the ingredients to figure out what it's going to taste like. I should also point out I consider a cookbook a "buy" if there's at least 3-4 things I want to try. I tend to be a creature of habit, and hate cooking period, so it has to look pretty darn good to tempt me to make something new.

Then again, I have very few cookbooks, and the only slow cooker one I have, which supposedly has light versions, seems to make everything "light" by removing the meat.

My two cents. Hope that helps some,
Aym
aymr is offline   Reply With Quote