Recipes Your favorite healthy recipes

Old 02-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #1  

Talking WW jerky recipe-any ideas?

Hi!

I've been doing WW on and off for years, and I've been doing it for about 5 months this time around and I've lost at least 15lbs but more importantly, my eating habits have improved tenfold. I love love LOVE finding new, imaginative and low point ways to make and eat the things I love. In fact, since starting WW again this time, because I live on my own now I find that it's made me start cooking a lot more. I never realized how much I loved cooking!

Anyways. I love love love LOVE beef jerky. Or any kind of jerky, for that matter. I know it can be pretty high calorie with certain types of meat and sauces... I'm looking for a minimalist recipe that is very high in flavour. Beef, Pork, Turkey, Chicken, even wild meat. I live up in the very high Arctic of Canada (the city from Ice Road Truckers, if you've seen it) so I actually have pretty good access to wild meat.

Thank you!
mm8b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #2  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

This one is my favorite: Alton Brown Beef Jerky.

But really, you can add pretty much any spices you like to get the flavor that makes you happy. Just remember that wet marinades will make the meat take longer to dry and account for that.

One of the things I like to do is use the flavorings from my favorite traditional meat recipes and see if I can get them to translate to jerky:
I like Worcestershire sauce on my pork, so pork jerky tend to have Worcestershire on it.
Like barbecue beef? Use tomato, vinegar and molasses.

Enjoy.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote