Old 01-31-2010, 04:11 PM   #1  
Re-newbie

S/C/G: 161/139/128

Height: 5'4"

Default Ooops....turkey slices, sugar

I have some sliced turkey I wanted to make roll-ups with, but sugar is in the ingredient list! It's day one of induction. This is a no-no, isn't it?

It's Oscar Mayer Oven Roasted Turkey Breast...
firefly68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 04:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5" and 48 years old

It's better to avoid all sugar, as you are only allowed up to 20 grams of carbs and it's best to ues that for vegetables and things like cream and cheese. Plus anything with sugar might set off cravings, I don't know....

I have a couple of cookbooks by Atkins and they are invaluable for this diet, I think.
HealthierLori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:40 PM   #3  
Re-newbie

S/C/G: 161/139/128

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the reply! I'm like you, I just don't know for sure about this because the label is a little confusing. Here is what it says:

serving size 3 slices
total carbohydrate 1g
Sugars <1g
protein 10g

Ingredients: turkey breast, water, white turkey, less than 2% modified corn starch, sodium lactate, salt, SUGAR, sodium phosphates, carageenan, (and a few other thingies...) It's the word sugar that scares me, even though there is less than 1g per serving.

Maybe that's not even enough to be worried about, unless I were planning to eat a truckload of this turkey (which I'm not. At best I'd only have the three slices, and probably only a time or two a week.)

Some good news is I just found a used copy of Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution on Ebay for $1.99! I snapped that up and will be glad when it gets here.
firefly68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5" and 48 years old

Sounds like it's not that much sugar...I guess I'd probably give it a try then.
The first week or two of this diet are harder partly because you haven't gotten the appetite suppressant effect yet. Just hang in there!
HealthierLori is offline   Reply With Quote