Old 08-19-2002, 08:59 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Monday's Thread

Starting Monday's Thread...
Old 08-19-2002, 09:18 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Well, my weekend was a Weight Watcher's nightmare... It all started on Friday night. I ate a little dinner around 5 and at around 8, a friend and I went to Carlos O'Kelly's where I proceeded to have 2 Mugaritas and a second dinner, followed by fried ice cream. Saturday night, a group of us went out to dinner at a nice steakhouse and I ate OK there, with the exception of two mixed fruity drinks. After dinner, we went to a bar, where I got totally wasted (I rarely drink and am not so good at knowing my limits), acted like a complete jackass (you know how it is when you're drunk), and threw it all back up (does that mean I have to count the points?). Yesterday, I didn't eat much all day because my stomach was still so upset but that wore off in the late afternoon and I wanted Long John Silver's. I ate a great big meal there, then we went over to another couple's house where I proceeded to eat roast and potatoes, half a box of Mike and Ikes, and an ice cream bar.

I'm angry because I just got off that plateau and wonder if the way I behaved this weekend is just going to put me right back on it. But at the same time, I haven't had a weekend this bad since starting WW in January and realize that a lot of what we do is centered around food (and drink, ugh) and that from time to time, we'll end up way overdoing it. I know WI is not going to pretty on Thursday, but I'm starting back OP today and even if WI is bad on Thurs, I know I'm on my way back to going back down.

So, that's my weekend. Hopefully everyone had a good one!

I'll check back in later!
Old 08-19-2002, 09:57 AM   #3  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Good Morning!

Hey Jess ... sounds like you had a FUN weekend. Dust yourself off and start from today. The great thing about WW is that you can be OP 1 minute after you've been less than an ideal WW.

I'm happy to report that I lost 4 lbs this week!
Guess I have to update my sig line! Woo-hoo!

I worked all weekend. Nothing eventful has happened in my life from the last time I talke with you guys. Thursday & Friday got hectic @ work last week, so I ended up posting after 5 PM.

I dropped my car off this AM to the shop for an estimate on repair & damages. I can p/up later today and it will probably get repaired some time next week. I have to get a rental lined up too for that time period. Today I am w/out a car. I feel so stranded.

Going camping on Friday, so I'll probably post quickly before I head out from work.

I'm going to post my journal for today.

I want to say thanks to you girls for getting my through last week (and the weeks to come). I really needed support like this. I'm glad I found my way back (now I'm getting cheezy).
Old 08-19-2002, 10:35 AM   #4  
One Sick Puppy

Default Yay!!

Deb! That is GREAT about your four pound loss! Way to go!!!!!!

Where is everyone today? It's so quiet...
Old 08-19-2002, 11:37 AM   #5  

Hi Jess and Deb!

I am here, not much new, its Monday you know....

Way to go on the huge loss Deb!!!

Jess ~ I am like you, had a not so OP weekend, but dusting myself off today, staying OP and working out tonight. We are all entitled to screw ups every once in a while.....

I really don't know much new, working away, shingling the new house this week, taking care of the family like normal...that's about it!!

Well, better get some work done, will check back in a bit...
Old 08-19-2002, 12:31 PM   #6  
Scotland's finest export

Default i'm here

hi guys,
sorry for being MIA but work has been crazy of late. not had any time to lurk let alone post but now my boss is back from hols hopefully things will be a little easier.
how is everyone doing? i missed you all!
not much to report from here. jess - sounds like my weekend was v similar to yours! i drank and ate far too much all weekend. the weather is so nice that a crowd of us had a picnic/bbq on the local common yesterday. woke up with a v sore head this morning! drinking all day sunday was not a good move! oh and i bought a new frock (size 9/10!) for an awards ceremony i'm going to this weekend (i'm not up for an award, my friend got me an invite so i can enjoy the VIP party after!). it's very classy - if i get a pic i'll scan it in. black, very very long (and i'm 5ft9) and low at the back with little ties that fasten across the back. kind of empire line so v flattering.
can't think of anything else other than my (well my neighbours!) cat got fleas. yuck! bf and i deflead her and all seems well but i did get a few bites. so itchy. poor thing is much happier now though.
hi tonya and debs (nice to meet you!) and all those about to post.
jen - are you still coming to london in jan? hope so!
right. back to work, 30 mins and i can go home! hope you're all having a nice day,
kirsty

Last edited by Kirsty; 08-19-2002 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-19-2002, 12:55 PM   #7  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone - I'm here too! I start my other job tonight - 2 weeks of 8:30am to 1:30am - I can do this!! The wedding last weekend was good. I ate way too much and I'm totally weddinged out and very busy today - I'll check in later
KT
Old 08-19-2002, 02:04 PM   #8  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all.... Was SWAMPED this morning and thought I posted but didn't. Must have just read and got called away. Nothing new with me. Went for 2 walks yesterday, one with Emma one with the Dog. Went to the gym today! So I am definately doing better with exercise. Hubby will be gone tonight, so I will probably take Emma for a walk again. She likes to "ride".

KT... are you planning on sleeping while you work?? Good thing it is only 2 weeks!!!

Kirsty... welcome back. Definately share pics!!

Jess... get back on track and don't let the weekend be an excuse to stay not OP.

Deb... YIPPPEEEEE to you!!!

Well, best get some work done. I like being busy because the day goes by quickly... but then that also means I have to work.. bluchhhh....
Old 08-19-2002, 02:45 PM   #9  

I just hate Mondays, I am tired and didn't have enough time on the weekend to relax....when will Friday come!!!!!
Old 08-19-2002, 03:24 PM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Default Howdy Girls

Jess - its that whole sabotage thing again. Fear not. Just get back on the horse! I believe in you!

Deb - Woo hoo on your loss!!! That must feel good....

Kirsty - hello, long time no chat!! Glad you are doing OK and just busy at work. I can relate.

Jen - she is talking already? Gosh, time flies!! Good for you for the working out!

Hi Tonya and KT...

Well, only 13 days til our trip to Thailand (12 to the wedding). Yee haw! I am really excited. I need this trip. I need a break!

Well, it was mine and b/f's 2 year anniversary yesterday. He was in Northern alberta on his way to Yellowknife NWT with his sister, so it wasn't very romantic, we'll celebrate next weekend. I feel bad cuz 2 of my closest g/f's were like "oh, you'll get a ring" and I know I won't. I dont want them to make a big deal of it cuz it will be embarassing when I don't get one and I have to hear their excuses, like "oh, maybe next year" you know?? Blah. Its very aggravating. And my aunt came in from the east last week (still here) and she bought us an engagement gift. Hello..?? We aren't engaged, freak. I was pissed off. She kept hinting about us getting old and having to have kids - I am 26 he is 27, there isn't a big rush on this. AGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I hate that.

Well I should get my butt back to work. I am SO not motivated. I feel like crawling back into my soft cozy bed...sigh!!

Miss you guys....

Belle
Old 08-19-2002, 03:38 PM   #11  
One Sick Puppy

Only an hour and a half until I get to go home and crawl into my cozy bed to try to sleep on the remaining hangover. (I'm 23 and hangovers last for days--isn't that supposed to happen when I'm much older?)

Belle--My thoughts on your dilemma are: If your friends ask if you got the ring, maybe say something like "No, but I kind of didn't want one anyway. I'd rather have him propose spontaneously instead of at a major relationship milestone. It's more of a surprise and wouldn't feel like he was doing it because he felt compelled to since it was our anniversary." And about the aunt, that's kind of strange. Maybe she thinks making comments like that and buying engagement gifts will get the ball rolling, but 9 times out of 10, they just anger people. The other 1 time, the guy proposes because he's been shamed into it. Nobody likes that.

Not much happening around here. I'm getting a little bored with my job today and cannot wait to go home and nap. I really should not nap. I have so much to do. I'm still working on my shower. It has become a disaster. I got most of the grout sawed out, but there was all this caulk in the corners and that was absolutely awful to get out. Plus, this was a busy weekend for me, so it's still not finished. Tonight, I'm going to remove the remaining grout, re-caulk some places, and re-grout (hopefully). I'll be able to take a real shower before I know it and I can't wait. BF may come down and help, but I have a feeling that if he comes over, I'm not going to get as much done as I would if I worked alone. Oh well, it's a sweet gesture.

OK, I'm going to get a little more work done before I leave. Talk to you guys soon!
Old 08-19-2002, 03:44 PM   #12  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

My Monday is dragging ... I don't know about everyone else out there.

Hello Kirsty - nice to meet you! I'm sure you'll look stunning in that dress & definitely post pix.

Belle - you're going to Thailand??? I am jealous! Have a wonderful time.

Hi KT - good luck with that work schedule! That sounds what some of my days are like.

Tonya - weekend? What weekend is what I always say. I'm going camping on Friday until Sunday and soooo looking forward to it.

Jen - I agree ... keeping busy at work does make the day go by quicker; but then you have to work.

Sorry if I missed anyone ... just trying to keep up (and this is a slow day on the boards).

Hi to Jayne & Lisa (tilley) ... I know you're out there!
Old 08-19-2002, 04:52 PM   #13  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey...

Belle... I agree with Jess (and maybe you)... milestones are not a good time for engagements. How predictable. I got engaged while making a snow angel... never expected that and it is a cool story!!! Aunt thing.... weird!!! Oh and Emma talks in sentences now. Her latest thing... in public restrooms when she comes in the stall with me, she talks in a very loud childs voice... "Mommy you go potty"... Too cute, yet a little embarrassing.

Jess... I haven't had a hangover in years... I am old. Mine did last more than a day tho, except when I was in college, I think I was more resilent then, or just ignored it better.

Hey Deb... Have fun camping. We only got out once this summer... but I leave for vacation in 18 days... Yeeee hawwwwwwww...

Only a little over an hour left.... OH I lost the little card that had my hair cut written on it, so I called the place and it is TONIGHT... YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSS.... not prepared for that at all!
Old 08-19-2002, 04:55 PM   #14  
Water Freak

Hi girls! Well, for the first time in ages, I actually had a pretty OP weekend. Saturday I moved all my stuff, and then most of Sunday afternoon was spent hiking, so not much time for idle snacking AND a killer workout to boot. We did a four mile hike and the first half was straight up. Then today I drove down to the lab where I'll be interning this semester to get a tour. The lab has a lot of experimental forest (they do things like see what removing certain plant species, etc. might do to an area), so I got to walk around a fair bit of that, which was all up and down again. My poor butt is killing me now Which means I need to start doing MORE SQUATS. I'm spending this entire semester in the NC mountains, so hopefully lots of hiking around will get me into some serious shape!

Jess- Sucks about the hangovers. Hope the last bits go away soon. And good luck finishing up the shower!

Kirsty- Haven't heard from you in a while. The dress sounds uber-sexy. You'd better post some pics!

Belle- Just tell the folks nattering about engagement to shut up about it. It's YOUR relationship, not theirs!

Deb- Congrats on the loss! 4lbs is a ton-almost half a dress size.

Well, it looks like it might storm soon, so I am going to get out of the lab and back up to the house.

Cat
Old 08-19-2002, 06:06 PM   #15  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hi Girls! I know it's late and prob. no one will see this but it is the first time I've been able to get on today.

Guess what? I lost 5.8lbs last week! I'm sure that at least half of that is just water but expending the effort to be OP really paid off. Let's hope that I can keep the momentum up and stay OP this week too.

Jess - nothing you can do about this weekend but move on. Hope your hangover is cured tomorrow.

Deb - Congrats 4lbs is a major accomplishment. Give yourself a reward like a new bottle of nail polish or taking a bubble bath.

KT - Is this a temporary 2nd job? What are you doing?

Belle - sorry about your aunt/engagement gift, what an uncomfortable situation to have to deal with.

Cat - I love squats. Have you ever tried them against the wall using an exercise ball?

Kirsty - your dress sound fab. I just bought one Sat. for a fancy wedding I'm going to this weekend. It's slinky, short and black.

Hi Tonya and JenL! Hi Kier & Jayne - where ever you are.

JenK - hope law school is going well.

Lisa - where are you? We're worried.

Laura
Closed Thread