Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 07:22 AM   #1  

Default Night Owls #50

Hi Everyone,

Well I guess I have made it to the new server. Anyone else around? I am still having a problem staying on program even though I re-comitted. Once again I am trying to start out fresh again today, packed my lunch and some sugar free jello, grape tomatoes and nectarine for my snacks to help get through the day. Oh yeah also some bullion cubes in case I need something hot, gotta watch them though, very high in sodium.

How is everyone doing?

Brenda
Old 08-24-2002, 06:08 AM   #2  

Storms here again and our sever was down all week..been too busy to mess with the computer when it does not work right! Can't turn it on when it is lightning either..we get hit too often!!!

Drove to the doc's..45 minutes and she was called away on surgery so had to reschedule for next tuesday!

Anyway..I did some shopping, nothing exciting, just food and cleaning stuff but I never go out so I needed to stock up.

Started back on the tredmill this week and still doing my yoga and light weights for 30 minutes..but I still hurt!
Old 08-24-2002, 06:20 AM   #3  

Good to see someone still posting!

hang in there Bren..........just packing a healthy lunch is a good start!

I had two days of non stop running around to do this week and I packed my lunch both days so I did not need to eat out! I even had 17 banked points! I bought too many snack foods though but I am counting the points! I love boullion but it does have a lot of sodium..just drink plenty of water to flush it through. I ate some baked chips tonight with a lot of alt on them...I will be bloated in the morning!
Old 08-26-2002, 04:21 AM   #4  

Still op but eating way too many sweets and salty snacks!

Did the treadmill and weights today.........why are my hips hurting????
Old 08-26-2002, 04:22 AM   #5  

Alternatives to the carrot stick

You're trimming fat and calories, but you yearn for
something crunchy or chewy. Who says the carrot stick is
the only way to snack? Here are 12 satisfying substitutes for
carrot sticks. Each contains about 50 calories — the same
as a large carrot.

6 mini brown rice cakes
8 low-fat whole-grain crackers
2 regular breadsticks
6 tortilla chips baked from a 12-inch corn or flour
tortilla with 2 to 3 tablespoons of salsa
1 3/4-ounce stick of part-skim mozzarella string
cheese
12 shoestring sticks of peeled jicama (HEE-kuh-muh)
— a Mexican potato that looks like a turnip and
tastes like a water chestnut, only sweeter
50 small pretzel sticks
2 slices whole-grain crisp bread (wafer-thin crackers)
1 cup of oil-popped popcorn or 2 cups air-popped
popcorn
14 grapes
1 cup raw broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus or zucchini
(only 20 to 30 calories per cup)
1/2 cup toasted oat cereal (Cheerios, others)
Old 08-26-2002, 02:38 PM   #6  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Thumbs down

Hi there

Ok....don't fall off your chairs from shock now. Yes, it's really me. Sorry I've been gone for so long. Can't put my finger on exactly one thing that's kept me from being able to post so I'll just say that I've been doing ALOT of running around and a bit of this and that. I miss you guys!!!!!! and I love the new forum features. I tell ya, Suzanne has really done a grrreeeeeat!!!! job with this site. I remember when we had barely 100 members ......obviously, I'm also having alot of fun with the little "smilies". Heh-heh.

Brenda - I'm down to 185. I think that's a 4 pound loss from the last weight I put on here.....let me go back and check after I post this one so I don't lose it. You all know how it goes, you write this loooong post and click "back" or whatever and you lose the whole thing.....then you just say "forget about it" and leave. Atleast that's what I've done countless times until I finally learned my lesson and POSTED ... then edited.

Candice - I really feel for you with the pain you get. Remember, I have fibro also and I surely know from where you speak. I'm having a particularly painful day today and it's probably because of this weekend. I did a two hour barrel racing lesson on Saturday from 8:30am - 10:30am and then went to the "show" at 4pm. Let's just say the jerking around in the saddle is really rough on this body but I'm addicted. My freind/instructor..Donna....makes fun of me and teases me sometimes because some of my "english" riding habits show through and she's a real "cowgirl" through and through......we have alot of fun and I wouldn't miss a lesson with her for the world. She won State Championship in two divisions this year and qualified 5 horses for "world" .....I think she'll win again this year. She's won "World" two times before. Anyway, I know you're not all "into" this so I'll stop talking about it now. I just wanted to let you know Candice that I'm right there with you as per the pain dept.

Ok.....I just went and checked it out and my last weigh in was 189....so yep, that's a four pound loss. ......AND....two weeks ago (just about). So, I'll have to chalk it up as 2 per each week. Then we have tomorrow to weigh in again Brenda. AAAHHHH!!!!! I'm starving right now and am trying to think of something that's really going to satisfy me and FILL ME UP!!!!!! A cup of coffee sounds good since I've had so much water already I'm about to float away......but as far as something SOLID ....... Hmmmm, I'll have to get off of here and figure that one out.

Hope to see you guys out and about on this thread again. I'm as guilty as the rest of you but we just CAN'T let this NIGHT OWLS forum poop out. K? K!
See ya'll later.
Hugs,

Last edited by PJ; 08-26-2002 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-26-2002, 08:53 PM   #7  

Just lost my post!

Anyway PJ good to see you back and lighter too!
Old 08-26-2002, 08:54 PM   #8  

Be back later maybe..... got my doc appt tomorrow so gotta get to bed early!
Old 08-27-2002, 11:08 PM   #9  
Getting back on track!

Hi Owls!

I have been having troubles getting on line. I didn't make it to WW sat because I had to work but I had lost 10.6 the first 2 weeks so I am happy with that and can't wait to find out how much more!!!! I will catch up tomorrow. My friend Quetta may be stopping by. I told her you guys are the best!
Love and miss you all
Setina
Old 08-27-2002, 11:17 PM   #10  

Default Hi There!!

Wow, I finally got here again. I have to stay up all night tonight and am exhausted allready. I am having another sleep deprived EEG in the morning at 7:15. I am so incredibly tired of all this crap. You know the old saying when the going gets tough, the tough go shopping, LOL So last night I went out and bought a new mini-van it is Ruby Red and boy it sure feels good to have all that room again after being in the Taurus for 3 years.

PJ, I am not doing good on my weight, sounds like you are doing awesome. I did not weigh myself today just way too depressing. It sounds like you are doing well and I am so happy for you, just don't disappear for quite so long, you make us nervous

Candice, Wow girl you are just doing so well maintaining, I hope to join you someday, I am close to giving up and just saying the heck with it but I refuse to do that. Thanks for being there and sharing your advice.

Setina, come on girl, where are you??

Well gotta go read and try to keep myself awake, I will probably be back later. It is 11:18pm right now, long way to go.

Bren
Old 08-28-2002, 08:00 AM   #11  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Good morning

Hey Bren - Feeling a little this morning? Geeez, when I read your post I really felt bad for ya. I was pooped last night too from such a busy day...even though I was exhausted...I couldn't go to sleep until about midnight. Hope you get a chance to rest up today. Not too long though, otherwise you'll never get to sleep tonight.
Hey! I want to say something to you.....YEAH YOU BRENDA!!!!! Why are you being so hard on yourself? Look at all the weight you've lost. I remember the picture of you with the baseball team and I asked..."is that you??!!" and when you said "yes"..I almost fell off my chair. So you're having a set-back. Well get back up and keep coming here when you're having a weak moment or if you didn't do so well at work for lunch......just get here as soon as you get home and POST, POST, POST!!!!! I'm NOT doing awesome either. Just O.K. Two pounds in two weeks is good but I could be doing alot better if I followed the program to the T. We all know how the first 10 pounds comes off pretty quickly and I'd love to see the whole 13 I gained back go away.....far, far away!

This Friday Bill and I are going to the Keys until Sept. 2nd. It will be nice to get away with other "grown-ups" and meet some new faces. A client of his is sending us. We're meeting him and his wife and 2 or 3 more couples. We'll be staying at THE ARTISTS HOUSE KEY WEST. It's really beautiful. If you'd like to take a peek....you can take a virtual tour at http://www.artisthousekeywest.com/tour.htm
We'll be staying in the GARDEN ROOM. It's right down the street from THE HEMMINGWAY HOUSE. Can't wait to see those six toed cats! Anyway, it will be nice for Bill and I to get away as a couple....even if it IS for only a few days. Now......Brenda...while I'm gone...you'd better get your little fanny in here and POST. If not, I'm going to come back here and harASS you to no end. OK? Heh-heh......awwww, you know I love ya. You've just got alot going on and need a few of us to give you a swift kick in the bootie. So come on girls.....remind her of all the weight she's lost and that she CAN AND WILL lose anything she's gained and then some.

Setina 10.6 pounds! GOOD GIRL !!!! See? You and Brenda are getting right back in the saddle again. (no pun intended). I think that's an awesome beginning....keep up the great work Setina. I'm JEALOUS!

Candice Thanks for the encouragement. I'm glad to BE back. Not that I ever left but my mind wasn't where it should have been which is right here. Thanks for all the little "smilies".....aren't they fun to play around with? heh-heh

Ok Ladies, got to go back out to the barn and let the beasts out. They should be waaay done with breakfast by now. Hope you all have a great day and I'll stop in again tonight. By the way, I've posted a picture of Li'l Billy (now 7) "bootie dancing" with some of Jackie's friends. He's got those really baggy shorts on with his boxers hanging out and he pulled them down really low to be funny......yeah....FUNNY....HA, HA, HA. NOT !!!!!!!!!!! If I EVER catch him wearing his pants like that in public......I'll PERSONALLY show him how to BOOTY dance and it wont be the way Jackie's friends showed him.
Hugs to you all,

Last edited by PJ; 08-28-2002 at 08:15 AM.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:14 PM   #12  

Angry New to this

Hi. I am Setina's friend. She and I met through a ww list a few years ago and have kept in touch over that time. I am new to this thread. I joined ww about 4 years ago. Lost all my weight and became lifetime member. After that, I kinda got off track and have been on a yo-yo with about 15-20 pounds for the past year. I hadn't exercised in a very long time, or kept my journal. I am hoping that all you folks can help me get motivated to get these pounds off and keep it off this time for good. Looking forward to becoming friends with you all!!

Quetta
Old 08-28-2002, 12:45 PM   #13  

Angry Brenda

Brenda, it really sounds like you and I have alot in common. I put back on weight that I had already fought with to get off. Now, I am really needing to be back at 135. I have to lose about 20 pounds to do so.
Old 08-28-2002, 02:39 PM   #14  

Quetta, what a pretty name, Hi there it is nice to meet you, glad you joined the nest. It is very hard to get back on track once you have fallen off, it really frustrates me when I am gaining and for some reason that just makes me eat more. Maybe we can get back on track together. Some of my problem is that I have tons of stressful stuff going on in my life for the last few months and I am a big emotional eater. I just have to get back on program and just let the rest work itself out, it is just hard to do. Anyway I will look forward to getting to know you better, any friend of Setina's is a friend of mine.

Hi PJ, Actually I didn't make it, I conked out about 4am and didn't wake up til 7am, They are going to try it again on Sept 9th, wish me luck, I just can't seem to stay awake for 24 hours straight anymore. Thanks for the kick in the butt, I know I can always count on you for that Anyway maybe it will help me feel better about myself I sure need it, way down in the dumps right now. Even the van isn't making me feel better. Anyway what you wrote makes sense and it does make me feel a bit better, I guess I am just scared that I will gain it all back like so many times before, better get back on track before I do I guess. Thanks girlfriend.

Well gotta go

Love
Bren
Old 08-28-2002, 08:06 PM   #15  
SJR
Just stick with it!!

Hi gals,

Well, here I am with my tail between my legs!! I went to WW tonight and I have now officially gained back almost half of the 90lbs I had lost. I am so miserable and unhappy.

But, I did go back and got my new 4 month pass, so I'm really going to try and get at least 35lbs of this off. If I can at least get down to 200 and stay there for awhile I will be pleased. It is very hard for me to get under 200 and I am not comfortable at that weight right now. I guess I do not like the attention (probably cause I am not used to it). So, my plan is to get to 200 and stay there until that is comfortable for me and then work down to goal. I have been at this for 4 years and probably will never reach my goal set by WW, but I would like to at least feel comfortable. I think you guys understand what I am trying to say?!?

Setina - congrats on the nice loss. It's hard to believe we have "known" each other for 4 years now. I was just thinking the other night about when we were building our house and I would print off pages and pages of posts at work and read them at night.

PJ - my son is into those boxers and baggies too!! Hope you have fun on your mini-vaca. We went away to Montreal for a long weekend in April and it was nice!!

Well, I should go. We are having a family quarrel over batteries and remote controls. Always something!!

Sheri
Closed Thread