Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2002, 11:04 PM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Post The Five-Pound Challenge #2

AMARANTHA, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1, UP 1

ANAGRAM, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 11, DOWN 1.8

BABETTE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 15

BYRD, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 19, DOWN 1

BOBSGAL, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1, DOWN 1

DOLLAR, FIVE DOWN BY, AUG. 27

DAUGHTER, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 3

DUSTCATCHER, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 13

GTERA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 30, DOWN 3.2

GUINEVER, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 31

JUSDOIT, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 1

KARENA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 26, DOWN 1

KAYLETS, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9

MARUSHA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 27

PUNKINSEED, FIVE-PNT-FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 1

RYCHERBABE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 2, DOWN 1.6

SARAHBELLA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 28, DOWN 2.25

SWEETMOM, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1

UPANDAWAY, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 11

WSW, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18

Old 08-18-2002, 11:13 PM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Yo! The Roster of The Power of Five is posteth above, warning to all Pounds o' Fat to scan the classifieds for new residences, because one way or another, they are outta here!

WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP! WOO-HOO!

Old 08-19-2002, 06:40 AM   #3  

Smile Monday am

Here we go Monday, here we go---

well, it IS hard to be enthusiastic on Monday!!

Is there an official way in day for this challenge? Where's my Sept 9 partner? what day are we "official"? I might have a .5 loss, but I don't know if its been a true week.

Has anyone on this thread tried the Davinci SF NO CARB flavored syrups?? I found 2 flavors at a Super Walmart in the coffee aisle- vanilla and hazelnut- their website is
www.davincigourmet.com--

How about the new Waldens Chocolate SF NO CARB syrup? I couldnt find it anywhere-=
www.waldenfarms.com

Ok, this is the Monday Challenge- just to get thru it---it doesnt even have to be pretty- lets just get thru it -- and grab any giggles and smiles that happen along the way-- !!!! CHINS UP ALL!!!! The weekend is only 5 days away!!
Old 08-19-2002, 07:12 AM   #4  
One Day At A Time

Thumbs down

Well Good Monday, everyone I'm sitting here with my DD waiting on the school bus & thought I'd go ahead & post since I'm going to jump in the shower & get ready for school myself when she leaves. Normally I would recheck my weight several times until my """"OFFICIAL""" w/i "time" around 8:00 Anyway, the scales say "180" still, so no loss (or gain) for me this week & I need to change my target date........let me think on that one until I get back from school & I'll post it later!!!!!!!!!....I'll be more realistic next time

Kaylets......your w/i day is whenever YOU want it to be....just make it weekly!!!!!!!! I also have the DV SF hazelnut & vanilla from Super WalMart. Sooner or later, I plan to order others from the net.....Toasted Marshmallow sounds WONDERFUL to me.

Amarantha, good thing you posted a new thread...I didn't realize we had 99 posts I have them email me when we have new posts, so I just click the link and come straight to it & by pass all the previous posts. WOW, are we flamin' or what!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2002, 08:20 AM   #5  

And Wow, 20 of us now seeking to rid the world of 100 of those cute little poundies!

Alas, Amarantha, you are not alone. The weekend was not my most shining time on this weight loss journey. I hie me now to my Monday morning Slimfast (no I'm not on the S. diet - just do it now and again when I know I've been naughty and have a weigh in in two days). I only hope I'm still down at last week's level but in the grand scheme, I now it will go, sometimes faster, sometimes slower and last week was more than I expected it to be so maybe this week will be lots less.

Onward into Monday and beyond -
Old 08-19-2002, 10:17 AM   #6  

Happy Monday everyone!!

I have to admit to you all that I went off program the past 4 days...but today I decided that I need to keep going...for me!

So I got up early, fed the baby, dropped off the hubby at the train, and drove to beach for a nice 2 mile walk along the beach (sidewalk) with baby (16 months). After we played at the edge of the water a bit.

I felt terrific for setting a goal (decided to do this last night before bed) and reaching it! I felt that I got a good workout after and I loved watching my daughter Meghan play...we both had a wonderful time!

What a great way to start off the week

I promised myself that I would exercise 4 times this week.
This was my second time...I have two more days left...and two more days of my WW week left!
I can do this!

Sarah
175.75/164/135
Old 08-19-2002, 10:46 AM   #7  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello everyone!

I am more than happy, yes, I dare say exctatic, to report 2 1/5 pounds have exited my bod this week. All the journaling, water glugging, walking and yoga have done their job! I am 1/2 pound lower than I've been for the last 4 months!!!!
Hey! I only have 1.5 to loose before setting my next 5 pound challenge!!!!!!

Sweetmom - Congrats on the loss and your wonderful attitude. I too have spent years of my life thinking, ok, obsessing, about loosing weight and so far what's worked best is just thinking about living a healthy life - the weight loss will come! Good luck!!

Steph - Congrats on the exit of 1 pound of sludge!

WSW - Oh, it's SO ok to loose slow! I've lost fast and got sick, then gained it all back. This time, I've been goin' slow (a bit too slow, but that's been my fault) and I feel SO much better and I feel like I'm learning how to maintain it as I go.

Guinever - on the 1 pound loss!
About your plateau question, I've literally bounced around with the same 5 pounds for 4 months now. It's been my fault, not journaling, not eating right, but what's different is that this time I didn't throw in the towel and regain it all. I took the "non-loosing" weeks as practice maintenance and kept telling myself that I'll get it together again soon and just to hang on until then. I tell myself this is a life journey - not a quick trip. There is no finish line, there is no "done". I haven't given myself a deadline to get to goal by and I think in doing that I've removed a ton of stress when I do hit those plateaus. I ride 'em out, wait for my body to readjust and keep going. It's worked so far!

Kaylets - I'm here, I'm here!!!! You can make your own official weigh in day (mine's Monday - keeps me honest during the weekend) and you can pick your start date, last week was my first official weigh in. We've got 3 weeks from today to get there!!!!

Ta for now!

Terri
3.5 down as of 8/19
1.5 to go before 9/9
Old 08-19-2002, 12:13 PM   #8  
Empress/Queen

Default THE FOLLOWING POST IS FROM DOLLAR!!!

Dollar posted the following and I replied to her on the other thread, but thought it'd be cool to bring everyone up to date on this new thread also!!! You are doing GREAT Dollar and will have a GREAT week, I just feel it!! I will post as Amarantha later as I am late, late, late for an appointment! Woo-hoo!

Hi Ladies,
Well I didn't manage to get my big walk in with my daughter because I have been so tired after going back to work this week which was a big challenge for me. so when we walked the dog and everyone else shot baskets (I can't do that again yet) I decided to walk around the infield of the ball diamond and I did that about 15 times at a leisurely pace. The next night I did it again but I really picked up the pace and went about 25 times around. so last night we walked around the whole school field twice. so I'm getting there.
I don't think Im going to do well this week at weigh in we went out to eat at Montanna's on Fri and I wasn't very good I had ribs wings soup garlic bread and Mile high mud pie, I haven't done anything like that since I started my diet in Feb. but oh well I got back on the band wagon the next day. Well I have to run I have to get ready for work. I let you know how I do after weigh in tomorrow night. ... Dollar

Last edited by Amarantha2; 08-19-2002 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-19-2002, 12:56 PM   #9  
Empress/Queen

Default The Power of Five Roster

PUNKINSEED, FIVE-PNT-FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 3.5

Old 08-19-2002, 01:24 PM   #10  

Default Monday weigh-in...

Monday is my official weigh-in day since my target date is on a Monday (9/9). And today I'm very happy to report another one pound loss for a total of 2 pounds down. Dance away little darlings . Three pounds to go and three weeks to do it in. NO PROBLEM .

I'll be back later...................
Old 08-19-2002, 02:02 PM   #11  
Opera Diva

Nicely done Punkinseed! Way to kick those pounds to the curb and breaking your 4 month yo-yo!

It sounds like everyone is doing so great, I'm so proud. But now I have a question - what exactly are those no sugar/no carb syrups you've all been talking about? What exactly do you put them on?

I just want to know because I finally get to go back to school next week (I'll be a college senior) and start cooking and shopping for myself again (I LOVE this). This is extra great because if I come home for the summer, I get to live with my, get this, CATERER mother. Frankly, people wonder why I'm not fatter having a mom like that, but trust me, after washing dishes at your hundreth wedding, you never want to see cake or butter again!

Guinever
Old 08-19-2002, 06:11 PM   #12  
Empress/Queen

Guinever, sorry I missed your LOSS on the list! Hooray for you! I'll fix the list in a sec. Also, congrats to Sweetmom and I'm updating her on the list as she's chased away some POUNDS! Please fix list anyone if you see an oversight! Won't hurt my feelings! Just copy and paste in a new post.

Sorry for the lack of personal replies! Elbertine Pep has been handling my correspondence lately and she's always in a hurry. Peppy, you know!

Below in red is Sweetmom's post from the old thread:

OK, now I'm really psyched! I weighed in on Saturday and found that I lost another 3 lbs. That's 8 total! I definitely think I'm going to make my goal of 2 more pounds by 9/1.

I found that by planning ahead, I can (usually) stay within my calorie goal of 1100-1200 per day. To do this, I created a spreadsheet that lists my favorite foods and their calories. With this quick reference, I can post a menu for the week that includes all meals & snacks. Not only has this helped with food consumption, but also with shopping and communication within the family. ~ Sweetmom
Old 08-19-2002, 06:25 PM   #13  

Default Cut/paste update....

Sorry this isn't nearly as pretty as Amarantha's list (I was hoping it would copy the colors, etc.). Anyway, I just HAD to update my loss

JUSDOIT, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 2

Old 08-19-2002, 06:35 PM   #14  
Empress/Queen

Default Roster of FIVE POUND CHALLENGERS

GUINEVER, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 31, DOWN 1

SWEETMOM, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1, DOWN 3

Old 08-19-2002, 08:13 PM   #15  

Default HEY, HEY, HEY!!!

What about me? I updated my loss when I cut & pasted the list and now it's gone again . I hope that doesn't mean I've gained back a pound .

Amarantha, when you get a chance could you put me down for 2 pounds lost? Thanks a bunch .
Closed Thread