Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-25-2010, 09:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/295/180

Height: 5'4"

Default First mini-goal set!

I weighed myself first thing this morning on my digital scale...it said 295.4. YUCK...but at least it's not 300 like the scale at the Dr.'s office said two weeks ago!! My ultimate goal is 180...still not my "target" weight but that was what I weighed my senior of high school (and I was so cute )...that 115 lbs away. My first mini goal is 250...that's how much I weighed when I got pregnant with my son. So my current goal is to loose 45 lbs. and get back to my baby-making weight of 250! Wish me luck!!
MandiAltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandiAltman View Post
I weighed myself first thing this morning on my digital scale...it said 295.4. YUCK...but at least it's not 300 like the scale at the Dr.'s office said two weeks ago!! My ultimate goal is 180...still not my "target" weight but that was what I weighed my senior of high school (and I was so cute )...that 115 lbs away. My first mini goal is 250...that's how much I weighed when I got pregnant with my son. So my current goal is to loose 45 lbs. and get back to my baby-making weight of 250! Wish me luck!!
You can do it!! Bravo to you for setting mini-goals. I did mine in small increments with the attitude... "I can lose 5 pounds... I just need to do it 7 times."

You will do wonderfully. I look forward to seeing your progress.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:15 AM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I think that's excellent!

I love, love, love mini goals! It really keeps me going. And I have found that right now, while waiting through a stupid plateau, my mini goal of getting to 203 lbs is keeping me going. I know I can lose that last 1.2 pounds even though it's taking weeks! But when you aren't losing very fast, it's much better than looking at the end goal. That's what works for me anyway.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:42 AM   #4  

Thanks! I'm feeling so confident right now! I figure if I can just loose 3 lbs a week I'll reach my 45 lbs. goal in 15 weeks...May 10th...What a great mother's day treat to myself!!
Old 01-25-2010, 11:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

I made a mistake (sort of) for myself of setting my first mini goaltobe 10% weight loss which is 25 lbs. Well, it's been 4 months now and I am 10 lbs away from my first mini goal. What I have learned is that I I'll make my future mini goals smallermaybe 5lbs each so that I focus on losing 5 lbs multiple times instead of 25lbs all at once....this I think helps especially when the weight loss is slow...but good for you for starting your first mini goal!!!! WTG!!!

If you get impatient, break it down into smaller goals that can be achieved faster to keep your motivation going. Good luck!
Summer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:52 AM   #6  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Thanks! I'm feeling so confident right now! I figure if I can just loose 3 lbs a week I'll reach my 45 lbs. goal in 15 weeks...May 10th...What a great mother's day treat to myself!!
Mmm, don't count on it. Weight loss does definitely tend to slow down. And that's ok. It may take some time, but you will get there. 3 lbs is possible, but 1-2 pounds is more likely and there will likely be weeks where you don't lose or even gain. I'm not at all fond of time goals unless it's along the lines of "I will still be eating clean one year from now."
Old 01-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #7  

Thanks for the reality check. I'm still going to try but I promise not to get discouraged if it doesn't work out. I always tend to lose weight fast in the beginning and plateau early...we'll see...I promise to be realistic.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:36 PM   #8  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Thanks for the reality check. I'm still going to try but I promise not to get discouraged if it doesn't work out. I always tend to lose weight fast in the beginning and plateau early...we'll see...I promise to be realistic.
Me too! I lost 30 lbs in two months, but half way into the third month, I've only lost 2 lbs. My past history has me stalling after 30 lbs too. The last time I gave up. This time, I will keep going until my one year anniversary, period!! And then I'll re-evaluate.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:43 PM   #9  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote