Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 01-24-2010, 04:45 PM   #1  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Question Pregnant Intuituion?

In my quest to TTC, I have been doing a lot of research on EARLY signs of pregnancy. I mean, like before you ever miss your period, and one that seems to be everywhere is "knowing" you are pregnant.

From what I gather, this isn't like a giddy "OMG! Yay! Baby clothes are gonna be sooooo cute!". It is more of like, "Okay. I'm pregnant now. I need to make sure I'm getting my dairy and protein." Like a worried or concerned knowing....

I don't know if I am making any sense, but, what I want to know is:

Did you "know" you were pregnant because you could just feel it (before a test, missed period, etc)? If so, how would you describe it?

I find this fascinating and I was wondering if anyone here could give me some insight. Thanks!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #2  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

No I didn't have the "I'm pregnant feeling" come over me. I'd never heard of that feeling. I had missed my period which wasn't anything new so I thought nothing of it. I went for my annual pap and the dr said the pregnancy test was positive. I laughed hysterically and he asked me if I was okay. I asked if he was joking. Mind you I was 43 and that same dr told me he thought my chances of getting pregnant were slim because i was overweight and over 35.

Needless to say he wasn't joking and we have a beautiful little girl.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #3  
so close I can feel it!

S/C/G: 186.6/154/137

Height: 5'5"

I've got 3 kids and my first two I just knew. It's a weird feelin..
zephyr524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268.8/261.4/130

Height: 5'3.5"

I could tell because every time I would drive past a McDonalds I felt like I was going to throw up. This was before I missed my period.

Good Luck
5shamrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

Height: 5'6"

I "knew" I was pregnant with my daughter before I missed a period. I all the sudden wanted milk all the freaking time and I hate milk. It's weird, because I shouldn't even have been producing enough hormones for my body to really feel pregnant, but there it was. With my son, I had no idea. He was a surprise baby and I was truly shocked to find out I was pregnant.
ToriLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:55 PM   #6  
Here I come skinny jeans!

S/C/G: 225/Ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

I knew i was pg the first time because I had implantation spotting. The second time I knew I was the moment cooking chicken made me nauseous
MeganBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:26 AM   #7  
I aim to misbehave

S/C/G: 225/tick/175

Height: 5'8"

I knew before a missed period because I wanted to take a nap in the middle of the day--and I don't enjoy sleeping. I was also having really vivid dreams, and I usually rarely remember my dreams. The dreams were fun--I wish I could get that symptom back!
Riverite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

**** yes i knew! in fact there was only a SLIGHT chance that i even got pregnant that month. We had unprotected sex ONCE but 1 weeks before i missed period i bought little tiny pjs just knowing i was pregnant! my mom thought i was crazy lol
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:22 PM   #9  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

I never had just a "gut feeling" that I was pregnant.

Since I've never had regular periods my knowing was always from extreme fatigue and nausea. In fact, I had it all weekend and got my first pregnancy test last night. Although we were TTC it was a shock because we had anticipated a long uphill battle but nope... ovulated once and pregnant.
TXJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

I knew I was pregnant because I wasn't feeling like eating sugary junk, weird but I feel like my body was sending me a signal since I was a bad sugar junkie at the time.

I told my husband (boyfriend at the time) over the phone (around 10pm) that I was going out to buy a test since I KNEW I was pregnant and I couldn't go to sleep without confirming it. We were trying for a couple of months before so we were so happy when we found out I was right. We have a beautiful 2 yrd old son.
Renacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:08 PM   #11  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Honestly, I had no intuition that I was pregnant with any of my kids. My ickiness usually doesn't set in until about 6-8 weeks so my first sign was pretty much a missed period.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriLeigh View Post
I "knew" I was pregnant with my daughter before I missed a period. I all the sudden wanted milk all the freaking time and I hate milk. It's weird, because I shouldn't even have been producing enough hormones for my body to really feel pregnant, but there it was. With my son, I had no idea. He was a surprise baby and I was truly shocked to find out I was pregnant.
DH and I are ttc and had our first IUI on the 17th. I won't find out if I'm pregnant until Monday.

I think I may be though, because of the same symptom you describe (or I'm kidding myself!) I ate a hamburger (beef) on Friday. I haven't had one in 3 years. DH thought it was the funniest thing. It was so good!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

i just knew, within 4 or 5 days of ovulation. we got pregnant (first baby) the very first time we tried, and i just knew. had some symptoms....tired, smells bothered me, my hip was hurting...but it was more of a feeling. i kept saying, either i'm pregnant or i'm crazy...
skinnywish is offline   Reply With Quote