Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 09:12 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #59

Stay at home Mom's #59
Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health,lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #58 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.
Ginny
Old 08-16-2002, 09:14 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Default I copied this from thread # 58

Good evening!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I am glad that this week and day are drawing to a close......things could have been a ton worse (and I know that I should count my blessings) but this week has been stressful.
Today especially. Dd blew up at me.......and basically told me that she lives her entire life so that she can stay away from me- can't wait until she is out of the house and that I have been an awful mother for her entire life. My sister is enroute home- after squeezing my mother to pay for the entire week of her visit (car rental, food - as in she and her Ds ate her out of house and home). And my SIL and BIL have basically stuck their heads in the sand with regard to my MIL's insane behavior at last weekends family picnic. I consider myself fortunate that I still have some sanity after this week!!!!! One good thing is that Dd and Dh went to a softball tournament (just as spectators) so there is some peace and quiet in the house right now.
Needless to say, my eating has been pretty bad (keeping in mind that I am a stress eater). The good news is that I walked and my water intake is fine, I do not keep track but I drink a lot of it.

Melissa- glad that you are feeling better!!! You have what sounds like the bug I had a few days ago. Not really bad enough to be sick, but just not feeling 100%. Glad that you are on the mend. Go easy on the workout, but I hope that you got one in!

Tami- congrats on the weight loss!!!!!!! Hey 2# is nothing to sneeze at- and if you took that off each week........that is quite an accomplishment! Thanks for being an inspiration to us. Love that picture of you and Ds. You look like a fun, personable and happy lady. (but then we could tell all of that from your posts).
As a funny aside, about 2 months ago, we had a sort of game where we all guessed what each other looked like- just based upon how we post! The results were very interesting, and sure kept us all smiling.

Spryng- congrats on your 2# loss, and self control with that pizza!!! I am so happy for you that you are able to stay OP fairly easily (that is over half the battle, right?). Glad to hear that the brave mascot of the thread is back in prime form!!!!!!!

Jen- you sound as though you are doing fine also- getting both the tae bo and pilates work outs in! Great idea having us post our goals for each day. I will have to start that next Monday- sometimes getting online is tough during the weekend with Dh home and Dd hogging the computer so much.

Guess I had better go. Hope that each of you has a great weekend!!!!!
Ginny
Old 08-16-2002, 10:13 PM   #3  
Searching for Motivation

Hi girls!!

Hey - I'm glad to see that so many of you are interested in doing the pledge! I plan to make mine on Monday morning - that way I can start my week out right! My intention was to have it be for the whole week but if doing it daily works better for you than that 's great too - what ever will keep you honest!

I just wanted to pop in and say that I *still* haven't done my abs and thighs . I got a little overzealous with the cleaning today and ended up cleaning out cabinets and drawers that hadn't been touched in a long while! Nice that it's organized but I have to wonder if I did it cause it was really necessary or if I just didn't want to workout ? I'm leaning toward the answer behind door #2 (Note to self: go back and re-read earlier post professing to stick to routine.)

Anyway, Ginny - I'm thinking about you a lot with all that's going on in your family - I wonder if we're somehow related ??? Thank goodness my girls are too young to get all that mad at me, but I know it's coming sooner or later - it's only a matter of time before all the estrogen in the house turns ugly! I'm sending my good thoughts your way so you can de-stress and get back into your normal swing. ((((( HUGS )))))

Well chicas - I really need to go and do that workout I've been promising myself. I'm gonna scoot but I'll talk to y'all Mon when I set my pledge. Oh my, just remembered that's oldest dd's 1st day of school . Well, I'll get in here sometime that day. Have a great weekend all!!!!
Old 08-16-2002, 10:27 PM   #4  
One day at a time.

Hi,

Ginny I'm sorry things are so out of balance at home, I bet you need a (((hug)))!! Still haven't worked out today, my stomach is just not up to it! I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day though?
Sassy, I can probably post weekly goals, it doesn't make much difference to me!? I guess I'll be back Monday, after this new server stuff is worked out. TTFN
Old 08-18-2002, 05:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Hey ladies. Well I survived the weekend without the site, but I'm glad it's back up. Happy to report a 1 lb loss this week. Yea! No time to address everyone, I'll try to come back later.
Steph
Old 08-19-2002, 07:39 AM   #6  
One day at a time.

Good Morning!

Boy was this a rough weekend, I'm so glad that the site is back up! Things are more calm here now, but Dh has been grouchy ALL weekend!!!

Congrats Steph,on your 1 lb. loss, keep up the fight and you'll reach your goal before you know it!!

The boys are up getting ready for thier first day of school, so I'm gonna go for now. BBL
Old 08-19-2002, 11:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Wow I hear everyone talking about the kids being back in school already. When does the school year run. Here, the first day of school isn't until Sept4 and runs until June with 1 week breaks for Christmas and Easter. Just curious.
Steph
Old 08-19-2002, 12:09 PM   #8  
One day at a time.

Well Steph, usually mid August till the end of May. But around here it's different every year? But they get plenty of holidays too, so that kind of off sets the shorter summer.

Going into town today to find something to do, BBL!

Have a good day!
Old 08-19-2002, 05:40 PM   #9  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

HI All! I had a busy week last week then the site goes down for the weekend! Oh well!

I have been doing good with eating.. although Time for TOM is drawing near! UGH! I am craving salt but sticking to just popcorn for the cravings!

I am back on the treadmill.. doing well with that too..

I cant stay too long to post. I just wanted to check in.. I promise to post a long update tomorrow!
Old 08-19-2002, 08:21 PM   #10  
Searching for Motivation

Well Hello (finally!!)

You know how you don't miss something until it's gone? Well that's how I've felt all weekend with this server change thing going on. It's funny too cause I don't even post much on the weekends but because I *couldn't*, I really really wanted to - go figure!

Steph - great job on the # loss! Keep it up and stay positive!

Mel - weekly is cool. I'm gonna post my pleadge later in this post... How was the 1st day of school for the boys? Oldest dd only had a 1/2 day and she really enjoyed it (phew!). I was afraid that she'd be a little clingy but she was like, "Bye Mom" so I guess I was really wrong! I think she was a little embarassed with me hanging around cause she was lucky enough to be seated next to the 2 boys that she had a crush on last year- I was cramping her style big time!! It all happens so young these days.......

Karen - keep up the treadmill - even with TOM coming! I know it's hard but you'll be happier that you did . Good job staying op last week!

As for me, I had an interesting weekend... Dh stops by an old friend's house to invite him to join the fantasy football league. He also invites his wife and their 3 y/o dd to hang out with me while it's all going on. No problem!! I was excited to see them cause it had been a long time since we had gotten together. Well, we order pizza and as I take my first bite, I realize that the cap on my tooth had come loose. The thing that really sucks is that it was on one of my front teeth! I've had this thing for more than 10 years and it decided to come loose that very night - when there were more than 15 people there. I was so embarassed - I tried not to talk that much (you're all thinking that's impossible, right?!) and also not to smile cause it was the most horrible sight you can imagine!!!! So all these people probably thought that I was being the worst hostess ever and now our old friends probably won't want to come over ever again!! So embarassing - I swear!

Needless to say, my dentist was able to get me in this am and it's "fixed" now. The only thing is that he gave me this little tiny mirror to look at myself in and I couldn't really get the whole picture and see if everthing was proportioned right. I'm thinking now that it's too puffy and that it's kinda bucked out compared to the other one - OMG, you all should see me - I'm a sight!

Ok so, moving over to the topic of goals and pledges, here's what I'm committing to this week. My weeks will run from Mon to Sat, with Sun as my off day. Here goes...
1) Complete *at least* 40 minutes of exercise daily
2) Drink at least 3 liters of water daily
3) Drink a maximum of 1 coke/soda per day (Yee gads!!!!!! )
4) Eat 3 meals with healthy snacks between daily
5) Post daily and report what I ate the previous day (no witholding!!!) as well as what w/o will be done current day

Ok that's enough! Good luck to you all - I'm off to do upper body and pilates after I get the girls a bath and into bed. Take care!
Old 08-19-2002, 09:33 PM   #11  
One day at a time.

Well Hello there!

Sassy, I'm glad Dd enjoyed school, my Ds did too but Dn didn't like it! I'm sure he was a little overwhelmed because of being at a new school, plus starting JR. High is a big step too! Dh told him that he needs to just give it some time, and it'll get better? As for me, I just went to town and did some window shopping so I wouldn't be sitting here bored. My stomach was hurting again too, so I figure the walking would do it some good too! If it doesn't get better in a day or two, I'm gonna make a Dr. appt.

I guess I'll set my goals for the week now!

1. Drink at least 1 gallon of water per day.
2. Exercise at least 30 minutes per day.
3. Eat within my WW point range.
4. Post in morning what my Water total, time exercised and points used the day before were.

I'm still working on them, just gonna be plain and simple. Good luck! I'll be back in the morning. Have a good night!
Old 08-19-2002, 11:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
My weekend has been so long. My brother and his girlfriend spent the weekend here. So needless to say it threw my good eating off completely. But tomorrow I'll get back on track.
Ginny sorry to hear that life has been hectic for you lately. Someday your dd will realize what a great person you are and actually want to be around you !! I remember being a teenager. Very hard. But we all have to grow up.
mel, I hope your stomach starts to feel better soon. And don't hesitate to make that Dr. appointment if it doesn't.
Sassy!! You poor girl!! I feel for you! Does anyone else think your new cap looks funny? I hope you feel better about it soon. Was it painful when it came off?
Well, I'm just going to post goals for 1 day at a time or I'll fail.
So here goes...
for tuesday- drink 8 glasses of water
exercise for *30* minutes
eat within my daily limit

Oh guess what?? I got a whole new living room set. It's so beautiful. My very first "new" set. It just got delivered today. It's a burgundy couch and chaise lounge that is so gorgeous but durable material, and coffee table, two end tables and two lamps. It's like I have a whole new living room. It's very elegant but kid friendly. I am so happy with it. Like I said, it's my first "new" set. Everything else we've ever owned was handed down to us or bought 2nd hand. So I am quite proud of this one. (not that I don't like 2nd hand or hand me downs because I do, I just always wanted a brand new set of my own) Anyway, just wanted to share my joy with you all.
Guess I should call it a night. Talk to you all tomorrow!!
Old 08-20-2002, 09:51 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning, All!

Well-It's another busy week for me again!! Next week will slow down, as DD starts her first day as a 4th grader on Monday. DS will be an 8th grader starting on 9/3. It s/b pretty well low-keyed
next week with ds just around the house. He's content if you give him cable TV, Game Cube, Game Boy & juice & snacks!
We might do something special together, but no plans yet. With DD, she's another story!! I'd have to keep her busy every day!!
This week-summer is going out with a bang by tons of activity for the kids. We go & see Kids From Wisconsin tonight. They are so awesome!! They are a song & dance group that is picked from the top talented kids in selected commuities around the state of WI. Tomorrow we go to Noah's Ark, the largest waterpark in WI & one of the largest in the U.S.! Thursday is a day to get my faculties together & then Friday is my DD's 9th Birthday party with her friends! Plans are to take them to a nearby state park, that is...if their beach is open! We went last night to finalize everthing & found out that the beach is closed, unless they get a good bacterial reading 2 days in a row. Yesterday it was ok, so hopefully for the rest of the week it w/b fine. Besides the beach, there's tons of other things to do there. Lot's of hiking trails with an explorer workbook to go along with them. They can play volleyball,frisbee,badmitten & other outdoor games & activities. So...hopefully they won't get bored. So ...this sums it all up in a BIG nutshell!! Spryng: I'm so happy for you that you got a new living room set! I'm jealous!! My set is going on 19 y/o!! It's so old that it's coming in style again! It's still in good condition, but I'm sick of looking at it!! It sounds as though things are looking up for you. You deserve only the best.
Ginny: I'm sorry to hear that your oldest dd is giving you grief! It's a scary thing, isn't it? Once those hormones kick in, look out! Just by what you say about your youngest dd, she'll be an Angel! Are you ready to start a new school year with your ds? My ds showed a lot of signs of maturity & responsibility over the summer. So-hopefully this is a sign of a good school year! Mel: Between your headache's & now your tummy ache...sounds like you still are under a lot of stress! Are you taking a good multi-vitamin? As for your DN, things should start falling into place for him in a few weeks. Did you say that your ds & dn are in the same grade? Do they have any classes together? I hope you enjoyed your day of window shopping & pampered yourself a little, as you so much deserve it! Sassy: I'm so sorry to hear about your front tooth! Did you explain to your guests what happened? If you did-they should have understood your situation. Hopefully it will be all back to normal for you soon! One good thing...It probably kept you away from the pizza,huh?
KarenW: It sounds like you've been a good girl lately with diet & exercise. Watch out for that lousy TOM though! It gets the best of us, doesn't it? Mine hit me at the very beginning of our week-long vacation in the Northwoods. My poor family had to deal with me, oh BOTHER!! As for the site not being up & running, I missed it too! The only good thing about it was that I wouldn't get any further behind with everyone's posts! Steph: Cogratulations on the 1# loss! Glad things are going great for you!! Well gals, registration for dd's school starts in an hour, so I have to wake up dd & get in the shower. One last thing: This is my challenge for the week: 1.) To drink 2 liters of water p/day. 2.) Increase my veggies. 3.) Keep my sanity!! TTFN

Last edited by Freckles; 08-20-2002 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-20-2002, 10:59 AM   #14  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning!

I think I am going to jump in on the pledge too!

1) Drink 8-10 glasses of water today.
2) 35-40 minutes on the treadmill.
3) only one cup of coffee today!
4) add one more veggie to my day!

I am going to join Spryng with the daily goals as I do better having goals daily!

Spryng - How Wonderful! A new living room set! My couches are now 2 years old.. but I remeber the newness! Enjoy them!!

Ginny - Hang inn there! I dont have teenagers yet.. (Although my four year old is going on 20!) but I do see my nieces and nephews and their moms going through it! If I remember correctly.. 20 is about when I discovered that my mom did know what she was talking about! LOL! I hope the rest of the family stuff is getting better too!

Freckles - do you EVER slow down! WOW! I would never keep anything straight with all your activites!

Mel - School sure starts early there. My kids dont officially start until September 9th. Although The 1-8th grades actually start on the 3rd. I am getting ready for it though! The scary part is that the district might be going on strick on the 27th... but since my kids are in Parochial school.. they will be in school and their neighborhood friends wont be! And that will bum them out....

Sassy - Was it you who told us about the Pledge! I really like the idea! Thanks! I need stuff like that to prod me along! I have a short term goal of being down 15 pounds by Christmas! I think that is realistic and I know I can do that! So having a pledge daily or weekly will really help!

As for me, with school quickly approaching, I have been busy with the school website! Last week alone I put in over 10 hours on it! (I am only 6 hours away from the year commitment of 30 and the year hasnt even started yet!!!) But the site is starting to shape up. We are going through an accreditation process and they needed a more "Professional" and user friendly site! if you want to take a look, the beginning is here St. Mary Magadalen School

Yesterday, I finally got the PROOF of my new book, Simply Baby Afghans! It Looks AWESOME!!! I am so excited! There are just 2 things that I need them to correct, and then by Friday I will have my first run of them! I am really excited because I have just launched my own Publishing company! The Major publishers are all being bought out... in fact for crochet, there are only 2 "Publishers" now Leisure Arts is under Time/Warner and now Annie's Attic, The Needlecraft Shop, House of White Birches and American School of Needlework are all owned by A company called DRG. Diversity will be long gone now! So hopefully for you crafters you will start seeing more smaller craft businesses starting! If you want to see my leaflet it is at Crochet Legacy

Well, I am going to run now! My kids are asking for breakfast! I will check back in later to see how everyone is doing!

Last edited by KarenW; 08-20-2002 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-20-2002, 12:11 PM   #15  
Searching for Motivation

Morning all

Great job on all the pledges - I am so inspired by all of you!! Here's my confession for yesterday......UGH!!!...
1) Did upper body and pilates (approx 50 min)
2) Not really sure about the 3L of water - didn't keep track before I set my goals - maybe about 1/2 - 2/3 that
3) Had 0 pops!
4 & 5) Ate 2 slices peanut butter wheat toast for breakfast, homemade beef stew for lunch and dinner with 1/2 biscuit. Did very well until...({dastardly music plays} dah dah dah....) my MIL sent home homemade peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips!! Lost track I ate so many - was reading the paper and not even paying attention . So, needless to say, I need to use the power of resistance - really bad! I am such a lush for cookies - doesn't matter what kind......sigh!.......So, today's a brand new day and I will do better!!! W/o du jour is Latin dance.

Spryng - new furniture - how nice!! I love furniture (sounds weird, but I love to check out all the different styles and craftsmanship). I'm a little green thinking of you right now !!
ACtually, the tooth doesn't look that bad - it's more me than the tooth. It just feels uncomfortable in my mouth (different). I'm gonna live with it a few days and see what I think.

Jackie - you are the busiest gal I know! I hope you're organized by nature!! Sounds like you're gonna have a blast though - I've been to Noah's Ark before - that place is HUGE!! So much fun too!! The talent show sounds interesting too - I like watching things like that - have fun!

Karen - I checked out both sites and I just think you're awesome! You must be very diciplined and dedicated to keep chugging away and getting your booklet published as well as keeping the site updated for your school - Way to go!! I thought is was interesting - your school looks *a lot* like my dd's Catholic school - I wonder if they all look similiar?

Mel - sorry that dn didn't like school too much. Your ds is right though - he'll like it in time, once he meets some new people and starts to find his niche. Jeez, I hope your stomach's feeling better! First, headache, now stomach ache? You need some pampering!! Take it easy ok?

Hope Ginny's able to make it here ok . I'm off - gotta w/o and shower quick before dd's preschool conference this afternoon. Have a great day and remember to stick to your pledges!!!! Bye
Closed Thread