Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-23-2010, 12:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 171/160/145

Height: 5'6

Default I can't get motivated!!!!

Last March I started following the Weight Watchers plan. I lost 20 lbs by September, but then went home for a family reunion on Labor Day weekend and it all went to crap! I ate terrible that weekend, then never got back on track with Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. (I have gained back 5 lbs since Oct.) The past two weeks I have REALLY been trying to get back on track, but keep slipping up. I just can't keep myself from eating badly in the evenings. I know what I SHOULD be eating, but it is much easier to grab the chips and salsa instead of cooking up some veggies. It doesn't help that I have been starving in the evenings. I have still lost 1 lb in the last week, but I am sure that went out the door last night. The weather here was Beautiful yesterday, so we took the puppy out to eat with us. Of course, we had crap crap and more crap!! Speaking of the puppy! We just got her the end of Sept. She is a yorkie and only 6 mos old. Which means she is tiny and can't hold her potty all day. We have been taking turns coming home for lunch to let her out, but I used to work out everyday during lunch. It was great because with restricting my diet I am too hungry when I get home to work out in the evenings. UGH!! I have got to find a way to make this work. I only have 12 lbs to go..... but, I don't want to gain it back once it is gone!!
slai78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:28 PM   #2  
One Day

S/C/G: 148/128

Height: 5'2

Default Hang in there!

You've come so far! Don't give up. I did the exact same thing a few years back. I got to my goal weight on WW and JUST as I was about to start maintenance I went to England with my husband and kids. I threw all caution to the wind and ate and drank like a queen. The sad part is I never got back on track. I put on 8 pounds in 3 weeks and just kept going. My trek back was slow but what I found was VERY helpful was planning my week ahead. Also making a promise to myself that I would stay on track and not nibble on the side! Write down exactly what you are going to have each day, count up your points and stick to it. After a good week you WILL feel the power. 12 pounds away from your goal is reachable...you can do this! Walking your pup will help too! Good luck!
oneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:31 PM   #3  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Keep reading on here! Go to the maintainers part...they have so many words of wisdom! Remember one foot in front of the other!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 164/151/125

Height: 5'4"

For me I just had to do it. I woke up one day and was sick of myself complaining all the darn time. So I just did it. I know I needed to so I just did! Think about it, if you don't get back on the wagon three months from now you could be saying I could be _____ much thinner. Where as you if you do start now, 3 months from now you will be so happy that you started.

Just do it, starting now! You will be so happy!!
orangebelpeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by slai78 View Post
Last March I started following the Weight Watchers plan. I lost 20 lbs by September, but then went home for a family reunion on Labor Day weekend and it all went to crap! I ate terrible that weekend, then never got back on track with Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. (I have gained back 5 lbs since Oct.) The past two weeks I have REALLY been trying to get back on track, but keep slipping up. I just can't keep myself from eating badly in the evenings. I know what I SHOULD be eating, but it is much easier to grab the chips and salsa instead of cooking up some veggies. It doesn't help that I have been starving in the evenings. I have still lost 1 lb in the last week, but I am sure that went out the door last night. The weather here was Beautiful yesterday, so we took the puppy out to eat with us. Of course, we had crap crap and more crap!! . We have been taking turns coming home for lunch to let her out, but I used to work out everyday during lunch. It was great because with restricting my diet I am too hungry when I get home to work out in the evenings. UGH!! I have got to find a way to make this work. I only have 12 lbs to go..... but, I don't want to gain it back once it is gone!!
It's not that you can't keep yourself from eating badly in the nights, it's that you won't. You and you alone are responsible for the choices you make. There's no one MAKING you - your words - eat badly. It's you. You're the one making the choices.

Why are there chips in your home? Set yourself up for success! You can't eat it if it's not there. Get rid of the garbage, but ADD in healthy, low calorie foods. I eat salsa every single day. But not with chips. I eat it with cucumber spears, string beans, baby carrots and celery sticks.

Do you plan out your day? I know for me this would never, ever work if I did not take the time to plan out my food (& exercise) schedule IN ADVANCE. EAting healthy won't happen on it's own. Like anything that's important and anything that really, really MATTERS, it takes thought and advanced planning.

When you go out to eat, there is always healthy fare available. If not - well don't go there. Again, plan out your day. KNOW where your meals/snacks are coming from. Pack and take healthy options with you when you leave your home. It makes it MUCH easier to make the right choices if you've thought of them ahead of time.

If you're hungry in the evenings, could it be that you're not eating enough during the day? Are you eating nutrient rich, SATIATING foods that stick with you, as opposed to food that one hour later leaves you feeling as if you haven't eaten in hours? And why not save some healthy calories for the evening.

Remember, you don't have to be overweight if you don't want to be. Decide what it is you want the MOST and then resolve to "pay the price" to get it. Don't dread these changes. Look forward to them, get excited about them. Adhering to a healthy lifestyle is a lovely way to live. But again, it does take COMMITMENT (forget about that motivation you speak of - it's fickle and fleeting), determination, thought, mindfulness, responsibility, maturity, brutal honesty (no excuses) and dedication.

Losing weight and keeping it off IS a doable thing for every one and any one, yourself included. You CAN do this. Without a doubt. The choice IS yours, so by all means choose it. I'm certain you won't regret it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 171/160/145

Height: 5'6

Thanks for the encouraging words. I have been on track since I wrote this post. There is something therapeutic (and Motivating) about getting it out there! Lost another lb., 11 to go!!
slai78 is offline   Reply With Quote