Old 01-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/198/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Annoyed

I am really getting tired of the advisors/counselors at my center. I feel that half of them don't want to be there and it's just a pay check. It's to the point now that I only go in for WI once a week because I don't want to deal with their attitudes and I feel like it's a waste of time. For example I lost 3 lbs. since last week and I got a "Well...you're doing pretty good." I also have to remind them each time I need to be measured. Isn't it their job to write these things down? Anyone else not like their advisors/counselors at their center? Thanks for letting me vent!!!
Secretgrl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:33 PM   #2  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

I had the samething happen to me!!!!!! Its like once they get u signed up its down hill..... but 24 total down is great girl keep it up
JSTUCKLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

There are a couple of counselors at my center that I don't really like. One girl looked over my menu and I felt like I was being interegated.. I mean I'm not perfect.. So I forgot my fruit one day.. Who does that hurt??? And this week, they kept saying 29lbs.. and when I did the math, it wat 30.. I could have signed the board on Wed.. Now I have to make another trip in or wait until next week. It's may not be that big a deal to them, but to me it is.. Signing a board, or getting measured is how WE measure our success.. 3 lbs is always GREAT..

I try to go at the same day/time so I know whose working.. It doesn't always work out though.. If you like one, try and request when she's working. I've heard from a couple ladies on here that is what they do..

Hang in there.. Remember your paying them..
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:13 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6''

Make an appointment! There was a counselor that I didn't like before when I was on MRC and so I'd set appts with the ones I did like. Call ahead and ask. You are paying them. They need to accomodate you. I mentioned to them that I didn't like the way they talked to me...that if felt lectur-y. I have probably been around the MRC plan longer than some of the employees and I don't want to be talked to like I don't know what to eat on plan.

I also had them put in my chart not to call me unless its been longer than a week since I've been in. So like clockwork if I don't make my WI, they call me, which is good. I'm usually planning on being in later that day, but they honor my requests.

Don't let them run on you. Tell them you don't want to hear about supplements, tell them you want to see a certain councelor, tell them when to call. They are your support, not your mommy.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/144/145

Height: 5'3"

Secretgrl - what center to you go to? I go to the one in Omaha. I have only been in a few times because I am a long distance member. I have been away for the last three weeks due to weather and being on a cruise. I am going to weigh in again tomorrow. I gained on the cruise but I have already lost all but two pounds of what I gained. I'll let you know how it goes
tomorrow. I don't think any of them are really exciting so far but then again they are not pushy either. How often are you supposed to be measured and how often do they weigh you on the Tanita scale. You will find everyone very supportive on this site so hopefully we can give you the encouragement you deserve.
leigh529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 313/Going down/175

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretgrl77 View Post
I am really getting tired of the advisors/counselors at my center. I feel that half of them don't want to be there and it's just a pay check. It's to the point now that I only go in for WI once a week because I don't want to deal with their attitudes and I feel like it's a waste of time. For example I lost 3 lbs. since last week and I got a "Well...you're doing pretty good." I also have to remind them each time I need to be measured. Isn't it their job to write these things down? Anyone else not like their advisors/counselors at their center? Thanks for letting me vent!!!
I go to the Lincoln, Nebraska center and I have never felt this way. I feel like the girls there are great. They've never pushed me in to buying anything, just simply ask if I need anything today. Sometimes I beat them to it and say, don't need anything today. I feel fortunate to have such a great group helping me along with this journey.
nepeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepeanut View Post
I go to the Lincoln, Nebraska center and I have never felt this way. I feel like the girls there are great. They've never pushed me in to buying anything, just simply ask if I need anything today. Sometimes I beat them to it and say, don't need anything today. I feel fortunate to have such a great group helping me along with this journey.
I'm glad you enjoy your center in Lincoln and like the advisors - wish I did. I go to the center in Omaha.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:33 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh529 View Post
Secretgrl - what center to you go to? I go to the one in Omaha. I have only been in a few times because I am a long distance member. I have been away for the last three weeks due to weather and being on a cruise. I am going to weigh in again tomorrow. I gained on the cruise but I have already lost all but two pounds of what I gained. I'll let you know how it goes
tomorrow. I don't think any of them are really exciting so far but then again they are not pushy either. How often are you supposed to be measured and how often do they weigh you on the Tanita scale. You will find everyone very supportive on this site so hopefully we can give you the encouragement you deserve.
I go to the Omaha center too. Like you said they're not pushy, which is great I just wish they were a little more enthusiastic and supportive. You should be measured once a month and do the tanita scale thingy. They want you to WI twice a week I just go in once now because I get so irritated. The guy who works there (can't remember his name) is the one I signed up with and he was super nice, but I haven't had him again as my advisor since the first day. The girls there (In my head I call them the 20-somethings!) all seem like they would rather be elsewhere. The more mature women advisors there seem okay. Let me know how your WI goes!
Old 01-22-2010, 05:35 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post
Make an appointment! There was a counselor that I didn't like before when I was on MRC and so I'd set appts with the ones I did like. Call ahead and ask. You are paying them. They need to accomodate you. I mentioned to them that I didn't like the way they talked to me...that if felt lectur-y. I have probably been around the MRC plan longer than some of the employees and I don't want to be talked to like I don't know what to eat on plan.

I also had them put in my chart not to call me unless its been longer than a week since I've been in. So like clockwork if I don't make my WI, they call me, which is good. I'm usually planning on being in later that day, but they honor my requests.

Don't let them run on you. Tell them you don't want to hear about supplements, tell them you want to see a certain councelor, tell them when to call. They are your support, not your mommy.
Thanks for the support & advice. You're right they're not my mommy!!! Ha ha.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:37 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEEZOOGIRL View Post
There are a couple of counselors at my center that I don't really like. One girl looked over my menu and I felt like I was being interegated.. I mean I'm not perfect.. So I forgot my fruit one day.. Who does that hurt??? And this week, they kept saying 29lbs.. and when I did the math, it wat 30.. I could have signed the board on Wed.. Now I have to make another trip in or wait until next week. It's may not be that big a deal to them, but to me it is.. Signing a board, or getting measured is how WE measure our success.. 3 lbs is always GREAT..

I try to go at the same day/time so I know whose working.. It doesn't always work out though.. If you like one, try and request when she's working. I've heard from a couple ladies on here that is what they do..

Hang in there.. Remember your paying them..
Thanks for the advice! I will try and make an appt. with a specific advisor. Shame on you for forgetting your fruit!!! ha ha.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
I had the samething happen to me!!!!!! Its like once they get u signed up its down hill..... but 24 total down is great girl keep it up
Thanks!!!
Old 01-23-2010, 09:10 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 277/210/175

Height: 6'0

There is only one or two councelors I don't care for at my center, but even when I do have to sit with them they're still encouraging and excited about any progress I've made, big or small. Just small personality conflicts make me not enjoy them so much. Thought none of them are too pushy and there are a specific few I love, and occasionally have called personally to answer some questions or even just vent to when I'm getting fully frustrated.
SalaamDementia is offline   Reply With Quote