Old 01-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #1  

Question i am from middle east

hi, i am from middle east jordan,we do not have ww center here, i came to know about the program from afriend who visited austeralia years ago and she has the 123 points program booklet, i made acopy ,and started 1 week ago, but i have noticed that there is difference between the points value of the same food item between australia and america. can anybody explain what is the reason for this and how can i get any stuff related to the australian 123 program because wwau site doesnt have anything related to 123 now
randoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:37 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome Randoosh! I'm not sure about your question -- could it be the different weights of foods? In the US we use ounces and maybe in Australia it's grams? Not sure but perhaps that is the reason.

Anyway, welcome, and good luck!
LizzieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:19 PM   #3  

Default confused

thanks LizzieW for your reply, i mean that the point value for some food items is different between US and Austeralia , for example the corn is zero point in Au ,however it is 1 point per cub in US ww.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #4  

The US program is different than the Australian, and other countries, program. WW tailors it program to the country to take into account the foods available, the customs of the people, and things like that. A point in the US is computed differently than points in other countries. You could go to WW international site and see if there is anywhere closer to you you could get the program materials from. Maybe ebay?
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #5  

thanks QuilterInVA for your reply , i think i will order the home kit and do it by my self at home.do you think it is enough to start.i am so exited to do the program,especially after coming through this site by chance.
thanks to every body here.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/206/180

Height: 6'0

Welcome Randoosh! If you check out the recipes portion of this, it will give you the points of things.
tammygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:26 PM   #7  

Smile

hi tammygirl , i started the program today , feel happy , it is not difficult . i wrote the point value to what ever i eat today .i hope i will continue , i need to lose 50 lbs .
Old 01-24-2010, 07:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/206/180

Height: 6'0

Randoosh, I feel that the first week is the hardest...after that, you can get in a groove and it just becomes second nature to mark down your points. Good luck!
tammygirl is offline   Reply With Quote