Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #1  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

Default my first binge :(

so im on vacation this week and ive done very well with my eating and exercise however 2 nights ago we went out to dinner and usually when we eat out i plan ahead what im getting and check calories and i usually only eat half and save the other half for dinner the next night. However when we got there i eneded up skipping what i was gonna get originally and got a chicken sandwhich which cheese and bacon and some sort of mayonnaise. thankfully i gave almost all of the fries to my boyfriend. But i ate the whole sandwhich and for me I feel so upset that I did it. I know why i did it, because i was upset. ive eaten well all week so hopefully this wont effect my efforts for the week when i step on the scale!
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/125/125

Height: 5'6

Hey,
don't feel too bad about it. I wouldn't call it a binge, actually. You just had some more calories than you were planning to have. This won't have much effect on your weight loss. You might retain water because of the sodium, but no more than that. Just go on like nothing had happened and don't feel guilty.
Lizaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #3  

that's so not a binge!!!!

I wish all my binges were like that!
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:08 PM   #4  

Height: 6-1.5

I feel the same way. So you ate a whole sandwich. A binge would be having that, a family size bag of chips, a birthday cake, and a bucket of fried chicken for lunch.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Not trying to minimize your feelings whatsoever but you and I definitely have different ideas of what a binge is! LOL.

Well, you are thinking about what happened. You are analyzing it and rethinking your game for next time. I would say that has to be a step in the right direction.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Eating three of those sandwiches--now that would have been a binge in my book!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #7  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I know why i did it, because i was upset. ive eaten well all week ...[edited by saef]
Good for you. This is exactly what you need to think about. What were the feelings? What was the need? How did you meet the need & take care of yourself? Did eating the sandwich solve the problem & meet your emotional needs?

Please don't be harsh with yourself.

There are slip-ups & there are binges & the difference is mostly in your state of mind, rather than in the quantity. You will know if it feels "wrong" while you're eating.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 02:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/152/120

Height: 5'6"

LOL I had to read through your post twice, I thought the binge maybe started with the sandwich... But all you ate was the sandwich?? No no no, that's not a binge!!

OK, this is a lifestyle, not a diet. Can you eat 100% healthy all the time? Can you plan every single meal? No! I graduate from college in 4 months, I've already planned out the day that I graduate, I think I will just eat barbecue and cake the whole day lol... But that's normal sometimes. I eat cookies almost every day - real cookies, not the fat free sugar free kinds - and I allow myself calories for them because I LOOOOOOOOOOVE cookies and I just will not cut them out. They make me happy. =) And I've lost a lot of weight so far. It's seriously all about moderation. Chicken, bacon, cheese, mayonnaise - these can all be a part of a healthy lifestyle, even conducive to weight loss, as long as you don't overdo it all the time. =) Good luck! And don't feel bad, just get back on track.
Lizzie2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:52 PM   #9  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Thanks everyone! I feel a lot better. It was just that Ive been so good with my eating out and cutting everything in half that when I hate that whole sandwich I was so afraid that I was gonna get back into my old ways.. lol but youre right! That sandwich didnt lead me into eating my old ways..
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote