Old 01-20-2010, 03:48 PM   #1  

Default Anyone interested in posting on a daily thread?

Hi everyone –

I am very brand new – both here and to Medifast. I am starting tomorrow – Thurs 1/21 - first time ever and I was wondering if anyone might be interested in having a daily or weekly posting thread where we could chat and support each other?

Thanks so much!
PattyAnne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #2  

That would be great. I may not be able to post on Tuesdays or Thursdays but I can commit to at least 4 to 5 days of the week.
I'm not very creative so I'm thinking I'm gonna be needing some ideas for Meals and surviving this.
I'm gonna miss my after 7 pm snacks and bread and cheese. Hoping I can stick to this.
reford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:04 AM   #3  
Medifast user

S/C/G: 178/174/132

Height: 5' 6"

Default Sounds fun!

I'm in--I'm restarting today (I did Medifast this summer and lost about 15 pounds).

My starting weight is 178.6, goal weight 132 :-)

I'm usually good for the first four days, and then the will power fades. So my goal this time is to power through that, so that I don't bounce around with the ketosis so much (on and then off and then on).

It would be nice to lose the weight and just be done with it, so I can get back to normal eating

The first week is fun, FYI, you usually lose some water or something, and the scale flies down.

I'm telling myself I'm "going to fat camp" for three months (I wish I could take off a few months and excerise and diet like a celebrity), my downfalls with eating are stress, and this isn't exactly a low-stress time in my life.
GrettaSwathmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/160

Height: 5'11''

I'm in too!
I frequent the My Medifast site, and sometimes find it a bit intimidating. Sometimes I feel "afraid" to post questions or concerns beacuse I feel like I may be "attacked" by some of those long time hard core MFers.

I did Medifast for the first time a few years ago when I was at what I THOUGHT was my all time highest weight. Needless to say, I gained it all back and then some. I didn't really stick to it.
This time around, I see myself reaching my goal and staying with it through transition and maintenance

Here are some of my stats:
Starting weight: 274 Goal weight: 160 5'11'' 26 yrs old

Week 1: -16 (holy water weight!)
Week 2: -5
Week 3: -0 (what!?... third week stall???)
Week 4: -6 (there we go!!)

I am in my 5th week and am down 27 lbs. I cannot tell you how GREAT that feels
So far, the hardest part for me has been my social life and no alcohol... With "MY TEAM", The Colts!!!! (LOL) in the Super Bowl this weekend, I'm not sure if I can hold out. Lots of parties and socializing to be done. Might have to cheat with vodka/soda...
Anyone else have a hard time with that part?? (this is the type of question I feel like I cant ask over on the MyMedifast boards...)
MEGACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #5  
Medifast user

S/C/G: 178/174/132

Height: 5' 6"

Default Alcohol

Megack, I was just going to ask about alcohol, too, so good question! I hate not being able to have a social beer, and haven't figured out what to do about it yet. I don't really miss the alcohol, just don't like to have to appear to be really odd with friends. I was maybe thinking that new Bud Light that has like 55 calories? Has to be low carb, right?

The hard part with alcohol is if you have one drink then you want to eat (and eat a lot 'cause you're on a diet). That's what tripped me up before, it eats away at my will power to stay on after the drink.

Good luck with your goals!
GrettaSwathmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 164/130/135

Height: 5'9"

I will join you all when my order arrives - should be coming soon!
montanawildhack is offline   Reply With Quote