Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-19-2010, 11:08 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9

Default Problems with goals

So, I realized something about myself today.

I am afraid to set a specific weight loss goal. I kind of have one in mind, but I'm afraid to say it aloud and own it.

I've been thinking about it, and I think the reason is that I'm afraid I'll fail. I'm afraid of saying "Oh, I'm going to lose 25lbs by July" and then turn around and not lose anything.

Seems like kind of a silly reason to not make a goal. But I can't seem to get over it.
OneStepAtATime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

Just say it, let it be known. Maybe make a mini goal of something that you would find livable. You can do this !!

"A goal without a plan is just a wish" - Antoine de Saint Exupery
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:24 AM   #3  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

Goals with time limits have always been a heartbreaker for me, personally. What I do now is play it by week and if the scale goes down at all (Even by 0.1!) then I get to celebrate and be happy--and if I don't... well, I've got another 7 days to try again!
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/125/125

Height: 5'6

It might help you to be less specific. Say "I will lose 15-25lbs by July".
Or just not say it at all. Write the number of pounds you want to lose in your calender and forget that number. Just take the decision to make healthy choices, to stay on plan, to work out. Doing that, leading a healthy lifestyle is more important than the weight loss itself after all, it just comes as some kind of by product.
Lizaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 105kg/105/kg/70kg

Height: 165cm

i know exactly how you feel. i tried and failed at a previous weight loss attempt and now i am afraid of setting another goal. if i dont say it out loud then im not a failure? mmmm sounds a little silly when i write it down, but thats how i feel too.
Daisy May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 374/ticker/size 12

Height: 5'8"

My favorite goals are the ones that are "I am going to lose x pounds 10 times."
Such as my first halfway goal is "I am going to lose 10 pounds 10 times"
yours could be 5 pounds 10 times or even 3 pounds 10 times! I was thinking of 5 pounds 20 times but 20 is a lot.
oneLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/210/180

Height: 5' 7"

The only goals that I can handle are to not binge today and to stay within my allotted calories today. What works best for me is, as soon as I eat something, I write it down. If I don't write it down immediately and later find out that I've went way over my allotted calories, something in me says, "well, you've already blown it, so you might as well just go ahead and eat everything you can get your hands on".
NebraskaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:32 AM   #8  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm another who loves mini goals. I love them so much I make them my ticker. It's just too hard to see the little ticker dude so far away from a 100 pound goal. And I love changing out the ticker when I've reached whatever mini goal.

I hate time limits.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:56 PM   #9  

Height: 5'9

Thanks for the advice everyone!

I've decided to go with an achievable mini goal for now, in addition to my bigger goal. Now that I can use my signature (yay!), I'm going to post my goal and own it
OneStepAtATime is offline   Reply With Quote