Old 01-18-2010, 03:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247.6/241.0/224

Height: 5.8

Unhappy Ibs And Exercising

Ok... So a while back i had pain in my ab area. I just went with it for months. Then I saw a doc and asked about it. She was not sure and had me see a gyno on it. I went and they did a test to look at my female parts. When it came back I was told it looked wonderful and that I might have IBS which I thought was odd. IBS is irritable bowel syndrome. I was given a scrip for some FLORAJEN 3. I take that once a day. And it got better after about a week.

Grant it I stoped exercising cuz it got worse with execise. I recently went back to exercising and am walking now 60 minutes a day on the tred mill. The end of last week it started hurting again. I have not stopped taking the pills either.

Today I did still walk for 60 minutes but the calories burned were about 15 calories less cuz of the pain. It was not pain where I could not walk again but it was there. Once I stoped my walking and sat for a little bit I was fine.

Now I know this is not a doctors sites and that no one has the medical back ground to give advice on what to do to stop the pain. but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what they did to help?
flyingwasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #2  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

There is quite a bit of research showing a relationship between IBS and gluten intolerance / sensitivity. Try cutting gluten-containing grains (wheat, barley, and rye, but also the "health" grains like spelt, etc) from your diet and see if that helps.

Usual disclaimers about me not being a doctor apply.

be strong //
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote