Old 01-18-2010, 05:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Default BLUE Teams Weight-ing on Spring Week 3 Chat (Jan. 18th-24th)

Morning Ladies!!! Week 3 already.. We are all doing so well.. alot to be pround of .. give yourselfs a huge pat on the back ladies!!! Total Team Loss of 58.3 pounds in Week 2!!! A big congrats to Turning30for being our biggest loser this week and to thinnerbyjuly, innerthinchick and dayoneagain for being our runner-ups!!! Way to Go Ladies!!!

I hope everyone has a great day! Heading out to work soon, and then a board meeting after reg.work hours..going to be a late evening and unfortunately unless I can somehow wiggle my nose and add a 25th hour to this day my workouts will have to be pushed a day... grrr!

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 01-18-2010 at 05:08 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:19 AM   #2  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Just do some lunges in the meeting, although I suppose your colleagues may think you've gone mad

I had an ever-so-slightly naughty weekend to celebrate end of exams. Food was all good but Friday was a massive party night and we all got through a LOT of booze. I went food shopping last night to stock up on veggies and I'm determined to have a good week again.

Congrats to everyone for their losses! Let's make Week 3 the best yet!
Old 01-18-2010, 06:20 AM   #3  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Gone to face winter. Brrrrrrrrrrrr.... Will chat after I walk. I'm gonna freeze my giblets off. Got to bundle up.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:20 AM   #4  
Low carber :)

S/C/G: 223/212/size 6

Height: 64 inches

Good morning Blue team!!!! Big congrats to Turning30 on being the biggest loser!!!

Congrats to everyone of us!!!!!!! Even when we may not being seeing a loss (and it will happen to all of eventually I bet ) we are all still winners! Why? Because we are making a conscious effort to improve ourselves and our health. So yeah for all of us!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 07:21 AM   #5  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

wow isabella, good fo you for facing the cold and getting your walk done!

thanks angela for making all the new threads for week 3, you're so quick! appreciate it.

wow well done blue team for losing so much in week 2, fantastic!!

Selina- hope the doc appointment with your dad goes okay, and they can save his leg

Dora, i read your story and i am so sorry you had to go through all of that you seem like a really strong person and i really admire that.

congrats to the biggest loser and the runner ups! congrats Turning30, thinnerbyjuly, innerthinchick and dayoneagain
Old 01-18-2010, 07:59 AM   #6  
Lose the holiday lbs!

just got this artcle in my inbox. thought i would share. i'm going to track my steps this week and improve on them each day will add it to the last chance workout thread! if anyone else has a pedometer, join in on the challenge. try to beat your daily step score each day, even if its just by 10 steps.
Quote:

Sparkpeople.com
Add Steps to Subtract Pounds

Researchers from the University of Tennessee asked overweight women to clip on pedometers to track their steps. They divided these women into two groups. One group was told to aim for 10,000 steps a day (the common recommendation considered to be "active"), while the second group was told simply to walk briskly for 30 minutes, most days of the week (a common--but minimum--fitness recommendation). The study found that the step counters averaged over 10,000 steps daily, while the minute counters averaged between 8,270 to 9,505 steps on the days the DID meet their 30-minute goals, and merely 5,597 steps on the days they didn't exercise for 30 minutes. The researchers conclude that setting your goals in steps (rather than minutes) may be the best way to increase your overall activity.

Action Sparked: If you're having a hard time getting into a regular fitness routine, using a pedometer may help motivate you. It's a simple way to track your progress, and you can easily continue to beat your past records (even if only by 5, 10, or 100 steps). Tracking your steps is another way to gauge your activity level--especially for the average deskbound worker. (People with active jobs, such as servers, may exceed 10,000 steps at work alone, but should still plan structured fitness activities.)

Exercise Extra: Walking less than 5,000 steps daily is considered sedentary, 5,000 to 9,999 is considered low to somewhat active, and 10,000 steps or more is active.

Last edited by Echo; 01-18-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Morning team! Wasn't around much last week, hope to be around more for week three. I feel like crap today. I think I'm getting a cold but I'm gonna push thru and head to the Y. I've started lifting and using their cardio machines. Anyways I best get the kids ready to go. I'll try and be back later to do personals.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:26 AM   #8  
Isabella

Hello All. Just got back from my walk. It was -14.8 degrees Celsius (5.3 F) when I left the house. I thought my fingers were going to freeze right off my hands and I had on a pair of gloves and mittens over them. By the time I got back the thermometer had risen to a balmy -11.8 C (10.7 F) degrees. I looked for warmer gloves and mittens when I got home. Can't be cold like that tomorrow. And to make matters worse, the house temperature had dropped 3 degrees by the time I got home. So I'm sitting here in a chilly house waiting for the wood furnace to start doing it's job. (We just put in the fire-not the furnaces fault.)

A big congratulations to our Biggest Loser Turning30 and to the runners-up thinnerbyjuly, innerthinchick and dayoneagain. Well done ladies!! Let's all make week 3 just as successful or better.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Congrats to all the losers!!

Off today from work! yah! I was so mad this morning. I didn't lose anything all week. Yesterday I posted my weight at 176 (no loss for the week). Then this morning I get on the scale and it read 175! I'm not really mad. glad I am down another lb. but why not yesterday! lol!
Old 01-18-2010, 09:33 AM   #10  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Hey Teamies!

I just got through all the posts and I have to say ((((((Dora)))))) I am sooooo sorry for all you've been through and are goin' through. You are such a strong woman. I don't know if I could have survived and endured all that you have without completely falling apart. I'll be praying for you.

Echo, I concur with all of what Mercy said. I know you can do whatever you set your beautiful mind to. I think you are so sweet, smart and totally awesome! You are one of the kindest persons I know..( well, sort of know) LOL!

Mercy,
good luck during your procedure. miss ya!

(((((Everyone)))))Keep strong.

I totally screwed up and forgot WI day is a day earlier than I normally weigh and missed it, so Freebie #1 has been used. O'well. I have a gain anyways, so now I have to workl hard to get back to the 186...which freaked me out anyways! LOL!

Things are getting better between me and Dude. The boy was off with friends for a few days and that gave us time to just be together and talk, and we had a little adventure too, and I think things may actually work-out. Fingers crossed....I don't wanna be an old and alone cat lady! LOL! I think if this didn't work out, I'd NEVER wanna deal with another relationship. Period.

Anyhoo, Y'all have a great day.

Last edited by Diva; 01-18-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:08 AM   #11  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post

Echo, I concur with all of what Mercy said. I know you can do whatever you set your beautiful mind to. I think you are so sweet, smart and totally awesome! You are one of the kindest persons I know..( well, sort of know) LOL!
[B]
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww thank you so much! you totally made my day you're so nice to say all of that!! i really appreciate it!!

Quote:
Things are getting better between me and Dude. The boy was off with friends for a few days and that gave us time to just be together and talk, and we had a little adventure too, and I think things may actually work-out. Fingers crossed....I don't wanna be an old and alone cat lady! LOL! I think if this didn't work out, I'd NEVER wanna deal with another relationship. Period.
glad to hear things are going well with you and your partner. aww so glad things are looking up for you
Old 01-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #12  
Isabella

I just went back and read the last few posts on week 2. Dora I had a look at facebook and saw the lovely memorial and memorabilia you had posted. I think people often voice things at funerals that they wouldn't normally dare say at any other time. Maybe the grief is so deep that saying nasty, and hurtful things is a way of making others feel as bad as they do. But I'm sure your grief was deep enough without the hurtful comments. No one could feel as sad as you did/do as you were his mother. Of course, that's no excuse for such outbursts, just a reason, maybe. God will be with you.

As for Haiti, the destruction is unfathomable to me. And I think that this could happen to anyone of us. We think we're so protected but not so. Anyone who has lived through hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes and other catastrophic events will tell you that it can happen to you and me in the blink of an eye. I think the only true way to be prepared is to be prepared for eternity every day.

Anyhoo, that truly is my sermon of the day.

My back hurts this morning but only when I sit. My lower back muscles seem to have seized up and I can't seem to pinpoint why. I know I did a few squats with weights last night but not enough to even feel so I don't think they did it. Maybe I slept on a pea.

I'm in a baking mood today. DH just asked what I was going to do with the chocolate cake I baked. (He was eying it hopefully.) Well, I'm not eating it. I'm freezing it for sometime when I need to have a dessert for company or a potluck. I just felt a need to bake.

Have a nice day.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #13  
fake it till you make it!

S/C/G: 128/ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Just read all the posts and wanted to say...what a wide assortment of lives and what an amazingly strong group of women! I think as a group, we could do anything we put our minds to! Now a quick question, has anyone ever tried the Skecher shape up athletic shoes? I just ordered a pair from e-bay and I was wondering if any of you have had experience with them? Keep up the great work, girls!

Last edited by mageorge; 01-18-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:34 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Dora- I just had a chance to go back and read your entries in week 2. First and foremost, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I have never experienced the loss of a child and can't even fathom the gravity of it all. My brother lost his only son two years ago and I know he will always be profoundly effected by that loss. to you. I hope I speak for all of us that it is ok to come here and vent about your pain and sorrow as well as your joys and triumphs as often as you need to.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone,
Internet was down all day so I've been in a panic not being able to plan out my calories!! Hopefully I've done OK!

But i'll check back in tonight!